Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by toocoolforschool View Post
    nordyne has a bundle.
    Nordyne seems to have focused on old appliance brand names, that the AARP crowd easily recognizes. They may be smarter than we think.
    Technical incompetence is NOT a sales tool....

Quote Originally Posted by John Markl View Post
    One of the primary advantages of all-aluminum coils, is that you get rid of the "dissimilar metals" issue.

Think about it. Where do most coils leak?

At the tube sheet.....

Modern copper resi coils aren't field repairable anyway.
    Maybe im showing some ignorance, but ive never heard about the residential copper coils not being field repairable? What do you mean?

X2. And the newer aluminum coils I've had no problems with. Its just the older ones I've had to take back. Espcially the goodman coils. The carrier coils seem to nb e made better imho.

Sorry about the typo. It should read be not nb. I can't edit my posts for some reason at this time.

Quote Originally Posted by GrizzlyB View Post
    Maybe im showing some ignorance, but ive never heard about the residential copper coils not being field repairable? What do you mean?
    The copper is too thin....the price we pay for "efficiency".....
    Technical incompetence is NOT a sales tool....

Makes sense

If you poke a hole in it, they're repairable.

If it springs a leak and you fix it, you'll be back next week fixing another leak.

true.

Quote Originally Posted by BaldLoonie View Post

Just remember, when a salesman's lips are moving... !
    BAHH! Sitting here with a grin on my face! Thanks!

(I'm realizing that more and more I'm trolling for laughs)
    Which makes more sense to you?
    CONSERVATION - turning your thermostat back and being uncomfortable. Maybe saving 5-10%
    ENERGY EFFICIENCY - leaving your thermostat where everyone is comfortable. Saving 30-70%

DO THE NUMBERS! Step on a HOMESCALE.
    What is comfort? Well, it AIN'T just TEMPERATURE!

Energy Obese? An audit is the next step - go to BPI.org, or RESNET, and find an auditor near you.

Just a quick explanation about copper AC evap coils (indoor coils):

When two different metals are in contact, and it is wet... a process called 'dissimilar metal corrosion' happens. The water causes the two metals to become a battery, the minute elec current causes the metals to deteriorate. In my experience, it is not the contact between the CO and AL... it is the contact between the CO and steel end plates. And yeah, that area is difficult to repair. Done it... however difficult. Better to either replace the coil or replace the system.
    GA-HVAC-Tech

Quality work at a fair price with excellent customer service!

Romans Ch's 5-6-7-8

2 Chronicles 7:14

That last statement makes me look like a hero about 3 times a month during the summer. A dremel tool and low heat will fix coil leaks at the tube sheet. If the customer don't ahve the replace I will repair all day long. And I have yet to be called back on a repair like this, knock on wood.

Now Formicary leaks are a different story. I am talking about stress crack type leaks. Formicary leaks that bubble little cacunes down the coil have no help.

On the aluminum coils, there are kits to repair those and some products with low melt points out more and more.
    The main thing is to keep the main thing the main thing!

If "the grass is greener on the other side", it likely has been fertilized with Bull$hit!

I have been told that Goodman puts better parts in the Amana line and uses a different circuit board with more bells and whistles. No one around my area sells amana due to a cocky distributor years ago.

Payne is the old Carrier design.

Personally, I like selling companies that find something that works and sticks with it. I like to sell equipment that has parts that any hvac company can get and will likely have in their truck. I do not like where the hvac industry is heading with special parts on equipment. I am tired of waiting a week to get a part for Trane and Carrier. Twice I have been told that txvs are 2 months out at Carrier. That is absolute bull crap. If you have something under warranty you should have the parts.
    I have heard several complaints about Tranes new airhandlers, which is a disappointment because they had a good design for so many years.
    Just my opinion.

If "the grass is greener on the other side", it likely has been fertilized with Bull$hit!

I think they call that process dielectric

Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast