Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: r-22 med temp

As you move into refrigeration a lot of things, that are typically overlooked in AC, are more critical. Super heat, subcooling, oil return, infiltration, low ambient operations, etc are things you will have to understand and check on this equipment. It's a bit more complex with some control devices and schemes you may not be familure with but it's a lot of fun if you like to be challenged. Good luck.

Quote Originally Posted by Tommy knocker View Post
    As you move into refrigeration a lot of things, that are typically overlooked in AC, are more critical. Super heat, subcooling, oil return, infiltration, low ambient operations, etc are things you will have to understand and check on this equipment. It's a bit more complex with some control devices and schemes you may not be familure with but it's a lot of fun if you like to be challenged. Good luck.
    You forgot the joy of being called out in the middle of the night because someone is going to lose a 1/2 million dollars worth of food.
    Officially, Down for the count

YOU HAVE TO GET OFF YOUR ASS TO GET ON YOUR FEET

I know enough to know, I don't know enough
    Liberalism-Ideas so good they mandate them

Quote Originally Posted by 2sac View Post
    You forgot the joy of being called out in the middle of the night because someone is going to lose a 1/2 million dollars worth of food.
    That's always fun. Can't handle the pressure then get out of the kitchen! I firmly believe it takes a special person and personality to be able to handle the pressure of those situations and think clearly. Obviously I don't work on things of that magnitude, but the one freezer I have has at least 20k in it.

Quote Originally Posted by 2sac View Post
    Or 2 months supply of blood or plasma.

mines beer

Quote Originally Posted by ryan1088 View Post
    That's always fun. Can't handle the pressure then get out of the kitchen! I firmly believe it takes a special person and personality to be able to handle the pressure of those situations and think clearly. Obviously I don't work on things of that magnitude, but the one freezer I have has at least 20k in it.
    special person and personality.

Can't argue with that. It takes a masochistic fool.

I should know, I've been doing it for over 30 bloody years now.
    Mistakes are a part of being human. Appreciate your mistakes for what they are: precious life lessons that can only be learned the hard way. Unless it's a fatal mistake, which, at least, others can learn from. Al Franken, "Oh, the Things I Know", 2002

There's nothing like the sound of a silent machine room... Kinda eerie.

Quote Originally Posted by Dchappa21 View Post
    There's nothing like the sound of a silent machine room... Kinda eerie.
    Been there. Goes something like "something doesn't seem right..... something is bad wrong!"

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12