Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast
    If a nation expects to be ignorant and free, in a state of civilization, it expects what will never be. (Thomas Jefferson 1816)

HERE we hava a PIONEER Making a rookie mistake,,, Amazing I still can't get over on the petrauuus not understanding basic security on privacy.

THis has to be similiar to a hvac technician putting r22 in a r12 system I'ts really not complicated to check your settings,,,

""""Fugitive former software mogul John McAfee accidentally gave away his own whereabouts yesterday (Dec. 3) after he let a website post a photo of him with the geolocation metadata still attached.
    Vice Magazine, a gonzo-journalism publication based in Brooklyn, put up a story yesterday morning proclaiming, "We Are With John McAfee Right Now, Suckers."
    The real sucker turned out to be McAfee himself, founder of the anti-virus software company that bears his name and a person of interest in the recent killing in Belize of his neighbor, a fellow American named Gregory Faull.
    The photograph that Vice posted of its reporter with the eccentric entrepreneur was quickly dissected by Twitter user @simplenomad. He examined the image file and discovered it had been taken earlier Monday by an iPhone next to the swimming pool at an upscale resort in Guatemala called Ranchon Mary.
    "Check out the metadata in the photo," @simplenomad tweeted. "Oooops."
    Once the news was out, Vice scrubbed the data and reposted the image, and McAfee blogged to claim that the metadata had been "manipulated" in order to throw the authorities off his trail. That post has since been taken down.
    Today (Dec. 4), McAfee admitted the mistake on his blog, but blamed it on an "unseasoned technician at Vice headquarters."
    McAfee's explanation is bogus. As a very tech-savvy person, he should have known that smartphone cameras write the location, date, time and camera settings to the digital image file. If the unmodified image is uploaded to the Web, it's not difficult for a viewer to access that information. [How To Set Your Smartphone's Privacy Settings]
    "Vice Magazine reporters are indeed with me in Guatemala. Yesterday was chaotic due to the accidental release of my exact co-ordinates," McAfee wrote on his blog. "I apologize for all of the misdirections over the past few days. It was not easy to exit Belize and required many supporters in many countries."
    McAfee became an international media sensation after Faull's death in mid-November. His whereabouts have become a guessing game, even as he calls reporters in New York and blogs about life on the lam.
    A false report Saturday claimed that he'd been captured on the Mexican border, hours before the New York Times posted a magazine-length article detailing his saga.
    To turn off geolocation on an iPhone, as Vice's photographer should have, go into Settings --> Location Services.
    A master switch lets you turn everything off, but if you choose to leave it on, there are also individual toggle switches for each app that uses location data, including the Camera app and all installed social-networking apps.
    To turn off location settings in Android's stock Camera app, open the app and click on the menu, where there's a simple toggle switch for "Store location."
    McAfee now claims to be safe and says he has further plans to engage with the press.
    "I am in Guatemala and will be meeting with Guatemalan officials this morning," he wrote. "If all goes well I will do a press conference tomorrow."

We Might need to be watched and Directed lololol

Quote Originally Posted by zartangreen View Post
    HERE we hava a PIONEER Making a rookie mistake,,, Amazing I still can't get over on the petrauuus not understanding basic security on privacy.

THis has to be similiar to a hvac technician putting r22 in a r12 system I'ts really not complicated to check your settings,,,

""""Fugitive former software mogul John McAfee accidentally gave away his own whereabouts yesterday (Dec. 3) after he let a website post a photo of him with the geolocation metadata still attached.
    Vice Magazine, a gonzo-journalism publication based in Brooklyn, put up a story yesterday morning proclaiming, "We Are With John McAfee Right Now, Suckers."
    The real sucker turned out to be McAfee himself, founder of the anti-virus software company that bears his name and a person of interest in the recent killing in Belize of his neighbor, a fellow American named Gregory Faull.
    The photograph that Vice posted of its reporter with the eccentric entrepreneur was quickly dissected by Twitter user @simplenomad. He examined the image file and discovered it had been taken earlier Monday by an iPhone next to the swimming pool at an upscale resort in Guatemala called Ranchon Mary.
    "Check out the metadata in the photo," @simplenomad tweeted. "Oooops."
    Once the news was out, Vice scrubbed the data and reposted the image, and McAfee blogged to claim that the metadata had been "manipulated" in order to throw the authorities off his trail. That post has since been taken down.
    Today (Dec. 4), McAfee admitted the mistake on his blog, but blamed it on an "unseasoned technician at Vice headquarters."
    McAfee's explanation is bogus. As a very tech-savvy person, he should have known that smartphone cameras write the location, date, time and camera settings to the digital image file. If the unmodified image is uploaded to the Web, it's not difficult for a viewer to access that information. [How To Set Your Smartphone's Privacy Settings]
    "Vice Magazine reporters are indeed with me in Guatemala. Yesterday was chaotic due to the accidental release of my exact co-ordinates," McAfee wrote on his blog. "I apologize for all of the misdirections over the past few days. It was not easy to exit Belize and required many supporters in many countries."
    McAfee became an international media sensation after Faull's death in mid-November. His whereabouts have become a guessing game, even as he calls reporters in New York and blogs about life on the lam.
    A false report Saturday claimed that he'd been captured on the Mexican border, hours before the New York Times posted a magazine-length article detailing his saga.
    To turn off geolocation on an iPhone, as Vice's photographer should have, go into Settings --> Location Services.
    A master switch lets you turn everything off, but if you choose to leave it on, there are also individual toggle switches for each app that uses location data, including the Camera app and all installed social-networking apps.
    To turn off location settings in Android's stock Camera app, open the app and click on the menu, where there's a simple toggle switch for "Store location."
    McAfee now claims to be safe and says he has further plans to engage with the press.
    "I am in Guatemala and will be meeting with Guatemalan officials this morning," he wrote. "If all goes well I will do a press conference tomorrow."

We Might need to be watched and Directed lololol
    ANYTHING to retaliate against that jerk for his security pop-ups on my computers over the years serves him right. I say let him serve out his life in a Guatemalan dungeon.
    "You boys are really making this thing harder than it has to be". Me

"Who ARE you people? And WHAT are you doing in my SWAMP!?" Shrek

Service calls submitted after 3PM will be posted the next business day.

I give free estimates [Wild Ass Guesses] over the phone.

"I am sorry for interrupting, please continue with your quarreling" Some chick on TV

Quote Originally Posted by glennac View Post
    Nah, 62 was the last good year. LBJ wasn't President yet. Before the Dept. of Ed. the "Great Society", drugs, protesters, OSHA, EPA, HUD, AA, US involvement, in the ME, hippies , 3rd world immigration, etc. etc,

After that the country was on the slippery slope to ruin and now we got our first commie President Obama. Yeah that's how I see it IMHO. The cars of 69&70 were the best but we were already screwed by then. Thank you, thank you very much
    Good point Glen. I believe it takes a few years for the effects of bad decisions to kick in--maybe a few decades in some cases like the federal debt. I wonder how the liberals began to take over in the 1960's? Any thoughts on that. I was just 6 years old in 1962, so I really didn't know what was going on. I do remember though that my mom & dad wanted Goldwater to win the election. I also remember being in the 1st grade, and the teacher asked who we wanted to win the presidential election. I remember shouting out, "Goldwater"!

Quote Originally Posted by exreo View Post
    Good point Glen. I believe it takes a few years for the effects of bad decisions to kick in--maybe a few decades in some cases like the federal debt. I wonder how the liberals began to take over in the 1960's? Any thoughts on that. I was just 6 years old in 1962, so I really didn't know what was going on.
    I take it you do not read history?
    Never argue with a fool, onlookers may not be able to tell the difference. —Mark Twain

Quote Originally Posted by Gib's Son View Post
    I've heard the song many times, and still don't now what they're talking about to this day. Is it some kind of drug experience.

Gib's son, I'll bet you've never heard this song. I remember when I was like in the 4th grade a kid brought this 45 record to school, and I remember seeing the song and the group on one side of it. Did you like black R&B groups of the 60's & 70's? This song 1967.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=X1-xun3JnYQ

Careful study of history suggests liberalism (defined as the idea govt can take care of you better than you can) started before the 20th century... probably before the civil war.

It just became more clear to see in the 20th century.
    GA-HVAC-Tech

Quality work at a fair price with excellent customer service!

Romans Ch's 5-6-7-8

2 Chronicles 7:14

McAfee.... Anyhow..... He should have stayed in that hell hole of guatemala and faced the authorities if he is so innocent.....

Latest news is how he wants to return to the good old USA.... the same USA that he left and said he would never return too..........lol

Yep... these a holes leave america for paradise and dont think about all the corruption in those hell hole countries..... they are alright as long as you got the money to pay for your safety..... but get on their bad side and they will waste you in a heartbeat.

Mcafee.... experimenting with bath salts....... bad blood with his neighbor...... neighbor turns up dead.... he might not be guilty but in a third world hell hole thats enough to get you and your family killed.... and of course running doesnt help him any.
    YOU SHALL REAP WHAT YOU HAVE _______ SOWN

YOU SHALL REAP WHAT YOU HAVE _______ SOWN

Another interpretation of 1969 in the USA:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9f06QZCVUHg

Quote Originally Posted by printer2 View Post
    I take it you do not read history?
    Not Canadian, no. But, I do have some good memories of Expo '67 and Algonquin National Park. Your boy Bryan Adams is pretty talented too.

Quote Originally Posted by exreo View Post
    Not Canadian, no. But, I do have some good memories of Expo '67 and Algonquin National Park. Your boy Bryan Adams is pretty talented too.
    Hope these two mature into something also, kind of like Paris Texas.

http://music.cbc.ca/#/artists/Mise-en-Scene
    Never argue with a fool, onlookers may not be able to tell the difference. —Mark Twain

Quote Originally Posted by corny View Post
    McAfee.... Anyhow..... He should have stayed in that hell hole of guatemala and faced the authorities if he is so innocent.....

Latest news is how he wants to return to the good old USA.... the same USA that he left and said he would never return too..........lol

Yep... these a holes leave america for paradise and dont think about all the corruption in those hell hole countries..... they are alright as long as you got the money to pay for your safety..... but get on their bad side and they will waste you in a heartbeat.

Mcafee.... experimenting with bath salts....... bad blood with his neighbor...... neighbor turns up dead.... he might not be guilty but in a third world hell hole thats enough to get you and your family killed.... and of course running doesnt help him any.
    There was no real reason for him to be in Belize to begin with, probably there for some drug or sex reason. The old fart has a 20 year old 'girlfriend' LOL and I have little doubt he is experimenting with some other stuff. I am guessing his budget allows for more than a modest retirement plan in Latin America.

Possibly even trying to recover former fortune by writing software for the commies.
    "You boys are really making this thing harder than it has to be". Me

"Who ARE you people? And WHAT are you doing in my SWAMP!?" Shrek

Service calls submitted after 3PM will be posted the next business day.

I give free estimates [Wild Ass Guesses] over the phone.

"I am sorry for interrupting, please continue with your quarreling" Some chick on TV

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast