Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast
    Hey Big Brother!

Quote Originally Posted by exreo View Post
    Hey Big Brother!

Ya know what this proves... That this issue of govt crowding freedom is not new... and that we will have to deal with it for the rest of our lives... or suffer the consequences of not dealing with it.
    GA-HVAC-Tech

Galatians 2:20-21; Colossians 1: 21-22 & 26-27; 3:1-4; Romans Ch's 5-6-7-8

2 Chronicles 7:14

Quality work at a fair price with excellent customer service.

Quote Originally Posted by ga-hvac-tech View Post
    Ya know what this proves... That this issue of govt crowding freedom is not new... and that we will have to deal with it for the rest of our lives... or suffer the consequences of not dealing with it.
    GA-HVAC-Tech, I don't know if you're my age (56), but they were a hipster band in 1970. I was about 14 years old then, so the hippy movement is a little before my time. But I do remember syaing "Far out man" in high school. Around 1971 our family took a trip out west, and my dad took us to Yosemite National Park in CA. We were riding on a double decker park bus, and there were these hippy guys on the top deck. They went to the back of the bus and peed on the ground as the bus was moving saying, "It's raining man". That did it for me. I wanted NOTHING to do with these guys or this movement or whatever it was.

GA-HVAC-Tech, I don't know if you're my age (56), but they were a hipster band in 1970. I was about 14 years old then, so the hippy movement is a little before my time. But I do remember syaing "Far out man" in high school. Around 1971 our family took a trip out west, and my dad took us to Yosemite National Park in CA. We were riding on a double decker park bus, and there were these hippy guys on the top deck. They went to the back of the bus and peed on the ground as the bus was moving saying, "It's raining man". That did it for me. I wanted NOTHING to do with these guys or this movement or whatever it was.
    I am 60, born in '52. I was 18 when you were 14... I used to joke I wish I was a few years older... I would have been at Woodstock...

Hippies were a counter-culture of kids that did not understand a whole lot... they just saw the EXTREEM corruption in govt and corp America... and rebelled... not a lot different than the kids last summer protesting in the parks (forgot the name of the movement... however it did remind me of my generation). What I DID like about the late 1960's was the music... we probably will not see that much creativity again in our lifetimes. And yes, there were some kids that took rebellion to a distasteful level.

I was kinda rebellious when I was young also... managed to stay out/trouble (just lucky I guess... I certainly did enough to get in lots of trouble... <grin>).

Back to the subject: Lots of the so called hippie movement was kids that did not understand much other than they saw things going on which they did not think were right. Many of these kids are now CEO's and CFO's...
    Personally, I do not blame them for rebelling... one has to have something they believe in.

IMO perhaps the major reason polecats get away with as much as they do today; is few really KNOW what they believe in anymore... they just roll with whatever comes out of DC.. A really SAD thing.
    GA-HVAC-Tech

Hey Big Brother!

There ya go
    "You boys are really making this thing harder than it has to be". Me

"Who ARE you people? And WHAT are you doing in my SWAMP!?" Shrek

Service calls submitted after 3PM will be posted the next business day.

I give free estimates [Wild Ass Guesses] over the phone.

"Ain't nobody got time for that". Corny

I am 60, born in '52. I was 18 when you were 14... I used to joke I wish I was a few years older... I would have been at Woodstock...

Hippies were a counter-culture of kids that did not understand a whole lot... they just saw the EXTREEM corruption in govt and corp America... and rebelled... not a lot different than the kids last summer protesting in the parks (forgot the name of the movement... however it did remind me of my generation). What I DID like about the late 1960's was the music... we probably will not see that much creativity again in our lifetimes. And yes, there were some kids that took rebellion to a distasteful level.

I was kinda rebellious when I was young also... managed to stay out/trouble (just lucky I guess... I certainly did enough to get in lots of trouble... <grin>).

Back to the subject: Lots of the so called hippie movement was kids that did not understand much other than they saw things going on which they did not think were right. Many of these kids are now CEO's and CFO's...
    Personally, I do not blame them for rebelling... one has to have something they believe in.

IMO perhaps the major reason polecats get away with as much as they do today; is few really KNOW what they believe in anymore... they just roll with whatever comes out of DC.. A really SAD thing.
    There was a certain degree of selfishness in the hippy guys too. Sometimes people just don't understand how good they have it. In fact, I have often wondered if 1969 wasn't the best year in the history of America. Think about it. You didn't have to put your seat belt on if you didn't want to. You didn't have to have liability insurance. Cars were so easy to work on--no anti-pollutoin jazz with wires and smog devices everywhere. The 1969 cars like the Plymouth Charger and Chevelle and Barracuda were some of the very best cars with plenty of power. Gas was what? 35 or 40 cents/gallon? There were jobs everywhere. None of this 600 billion dollar trade deficit. Abortion was illegal. There was good rock and roll music in 1969 as well as pop music. These young kids now days often say our music was much better than theirs. I heard a guy on TV the other day say the hippy guys of the late 60's were just guys who had daddy issues. Oh, and the olds 1970 442 with the W30 package was the best muscle car IMHO. Forgot another one; Neil Armstrong was the first man to walk on the moon that year.

Quote Originally Posted by Tool-Slinger View Post

There ya go
    Catchy tune, but I can't say that I like that video very much.

There was a certain degree of selfishness in the hippy guys too. Sometimes people just don't understand how good they have it. In fact, I have often wondered if 1969 wasn't the best year in the history of America. Think about it. You didn't have to put your seat belt on if you didn't want to. You didn't have to have liability insurance. Cars were so easy to work on--no anti-pollutoin jazz with wires and smog devices everywhere. The 1969 cars like the Plymouth Charger and Chevelle and Barracuda were some of the very best cars with plenty of power. Gas was what? 35 or 40 cents/gallon? There were jobs everywhere. None of this 600 billion dollar trade deficit. Abortion was illegal. There was good rock and roll music in 1969 as well as pop music. These young kids now days often say our music was much better than theirs. I heard a guy on TV the other day say the hippy guys of the late 60's were just guys who had daddy issues. Oh, and the olds 1970 442 with the W30 package was the best muscle car IMHO. Forgot another one; Neil Armstrong was the first man to walk on the moon that year.
    Yeah, we will not see a time like the late 1960's again. Shame... our country grew a lot during those times... IMO it had some to do with folks having whatever that drive within is... that motivates someone to both THINK and LIVE outside the box. Now-a-days... everyone is trying to avoid effort and still win... wonder how they think that is supposed to work... or do they even think...
    GA-HVAC-Tech

Yeah, we will not see a time like the late 1960's again. Shame... our country grew a lot during those times... IMO it had some to do with folks having whatever that drive within is... that motivates someone to both THINK and LIVE outside the box. Now-a-days... everyone is trying to avoid effort and still win... wonder how they think that is supposed to work... or do they even think...
    The walking zombies are not great thinkers. As long as they have their flat screens to watch American Idol and their ipads and iphones they are happy in their own make believe world.

Nah, 62 was the last good year. LBJ wasn't President yet. Before the Dept. of Ed. the "Great Society", drugs, protesters, OSHA, EPA, HUD, AA, US involvement, in the ME, hippies , 3rd world immigration, etc. etc,

After that the country was on the slippery slope to ruin and now we got our first commie President Obama. Yeah that's how I see it IMHO. The cars of 69&70 were the best but we were already screwed by then. Thank you, thank you very much
    Last edited by glennac; 12-09-2012 at 05:51 AM.

"The road to Hell is paved with progressive policies."

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast