Page 9 of 20 FirstFirst ... 234567891011121314151619 ... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by 54885488 View Post
    As far as acting suspicious maybe some one following him , ive walked in the rain to get home and as far as preventing a rape or something thats the best one yet. printer 2 are you stirring it up also ?
    Geez, all we need now is another "opinion" from you corny. Can't wait. Give us a break. LOL. Thank you very much
    Quote Originally Posted by corny View Post
    I think someone needs to dig up some info on floridas stand your ground law and post it. If I get a chance this morning I will do some googling.... but you other guys are free to do some digging too....

Ive read some things but they were opinions on the law and not the exact law itself.

I looked up the text of the statute this morning and after reading it.... I believe that once a jury gets it that they will not be able to let zimmerman cower behind the stand your ground law.
    YOU SHALL REAP WHAT YOU HAVE _______ SOWN

Quote Originally Posted by jmac00 View Post
    your confusing Reasonable and Rule of Law.

The only time reasonable come into it is in: A Reasonable person would.....

or if the law suite is about property: You should take Reasonable care of .......
    In the context of a person being reasonable I believe Zimmerman would be in big trouble if it he admitted what I suspect. He followed Martin knowing that if there was a confrontation he could rely on his gun to settle it. That is the downside of CCW laws that I object to…but of course you guys want to say that a guy with a concealed weapon is more likely to run than someone without one. I say bull.

Another example of acting unreasonably that is closer to this story: If a person sees a group of thugs loitering near his neighborhood, he goes into his house, gets a gun, conceals it, walk within eyeshot of the thugs, promotes an altercation by legally staring them down, they approach, words fly, he gets punched to the ground, he draws, fires, and kills.

If he had a CCW license everything he did would be legal…and unreasonable.

Quote Originally Posted by Brian GC View Post
    In the context of a person being reasonable I believe Zimmerman would be in big trouble if it he admitted what I suspect. He followed Martin knowing that if there was a confrontation he could rely on his gun to settle it. That is the downside of CCW laws that I object to…but of course you guys want to say that a guy with a concealed weapon is more likely to run than someone without one. I say bull.
    <big sigh> go look up and read/listen to the 911 tape of the 4 minute conversation between Zimmerman and Dispatch.

Another example of acting unreasonably that is closer to this story: If a person sees a group of thugs loitering near his neighborhood, he goes into his house, gets a gun, conceals it, walk within eyeshot of the thugs, promotes an altercation by staring them down, lures them in with his legal staring, they approach, words fly, he gets punched to the ground, he draws, fires, and kills.

If he had a CCW license everything he did would be legal…and unreasonable.
    so just out of curiosity, how many time a day do you actually think this kind of thing happens????

Im curious because I know a LOT of people with guns, including police officers and security guards. I know of NO ONE that would be stupid enough to antagonize a GROUP of "thugs" even if they were carrying a AK-47, On top of that, why would anyone let a GROUP of "thugs" close enough to hit them.

Your scenarios are getting more and more convoluted to justify your agenda. Your basic assertion seems to be that CCW holders create more crime. which couldn't be further from the truth.

But it seems you like ignoring basic FACTS of CCW laws and the mind set of CCW holders.
    Basing your assumption on one or two cases is ludicrous.

John F Kennedy said “The great enemy of the truth is very often not the lie: deliberate, continued, and dishonest; but the myth: persistent, persuasive, and unrealistic.”

Four states require no permit to carry a concealed firearm, 37 are “shall-issue” states where non-felons receive permits on demand, eight states may or may not issue permits, and one state allows no form of concealed carry. Statistics for each CCW state show that crime rate fell (or did not rise) after the right-to-carry law became active.

Crime rates involving gun owners with carry permits have consistently been about 0.02% of all carry permit holders since Florida’s right-to-carry law started in 1988.Florida Department of Justice, 1998

Go ahead and look it up

heres another fact you should look up:

Florida's homicide rate fell from 36% above the national average to 4% below after CCW enactment and remains below the national average (as of the 2005 reporting period).Shall issue: the new wave of concealed handgun permit laws, Cramer C and Kopel D. Golden CO: Independence Institute Issue Paper. October 17, 1994

so you can see by THE VARIFIABLE FACTS, not scenarios or subjective innuendo that society is safer when qualified people carry firearms for self defense.

In Texas, murder rates fell 50% faster than the national average in the year after their concealed carry law passed. Rape rates fell 93% faster in the first year after enactment, and 500% faster in the second. Assaults fell 250% faster in the second year.Bureau of Justice Statistics, online database, reviewing Texas and U.S. violent crime from 1995-2001.
    The Last four letters

American = I Can, Republican = I Can, Democrats = Rats

any questions

I heard on the news this morning, TV 7&4 out of Michigan that trayvon martins girlfriend is a witness.
    I have my own little world. But it's OK...they know me here.

Quote Originally Posted by tinman View Post
    I heard on the news this morning, TV 7&4 out of Michigan that trayvon martins girlfriend is a witness.
    That doesn't surprise me. We have half a dozen witnesses here on this site who saw it all. I'm sure they will also be testifying as to what they saw as they have told us so on this forum so many times already. With witnesses like these why even have a trail. LOL. Thank you, thank you very much
    "I could have ended the war in a month. I could have made North Vietnam look like a mud puddle."
    "I have little interest in streamlining government or in making it more efficient, for I mean to reduce its size. I do not undertake to promote welfare, for I propose to extend freedom. My aim is not to pass laws, but to repeal them. It is not to inaugurate new programs, but to cancel old ones that do violence to the Constitution."
    Barry Goldwater

that is true, I hope as a country we don't get to the point that public opinion is what tries the accused.
    I have my own little world. But it's OK...they know me here.

Quote Originally Posted by glennac View Post
    That doesn't surprise me. We have half a dozen witnesses here on this site who saw it all. I'm sure they will also be testifying as to what they saw as they have told us so on this forum so many times already. With witnesses like these why even have a trail. LOL. Thank you, thank you very much
    Funny, when someone here spins a scenario that you want to agree with then they are not “a witness”. But imagine the scene unfolding differently than Zimmerman’s story, and what taints CCW laws, then he is “a witness”. You are as transparent as glass and sound like a bunch of kids that never outgrew ‘cops and robbers’.

Quote Originally Posted by corny View Post
    I think zimmerman now went after him with the full knowledge that he was going to kill that boy that night.

Seems like the zim had a very interest in what it was like to kill someone as has been reported by one of his ex cop friends who has stated that all zimmerman wanted to talk about was the time his ex cop friend killed a kid and got away with it.

Anyhow.... we will find out everything we want to know next summer when the trial begins.... think its in june or july...
    The way I see it is Zimmerman approached Martin with full knowledge that he could easily fall back on his gun for defense. That is how guns create situations like this. They give you iron balls and people end up dead unnecessarily. His gun influenced him to not show any prudence or wait for the cops.

It’s a fact that Martin would still be alive if Zimmerman waited for the cops like he was told.
    Supposition, conjecture and pure BS opinion, that is all you have at this point. The 911 tape doesn't support your position, yet you persist in spouting your "guess" as to what happened. My assertion is that Zimmerman MIGHT BE not guilty and that his claim to Self-defense is valid....MAYBE.

AGAIN, you guys assume that anyone with a gun is a threat to society even after FBI crime statistics prove beyond a shadow of a doubt that is not the case.

Instead of dancing around the issue, just come out and say your part of society that thinks the country would be better off if only the criminals had weapons.
    The Last four letters

American = I Can, Republican = I Can, Democrats = Rats

any questions

Quote Originally Posted by tinman View Post
    that is true, I hope as a country we don't get to the point that public opinion is what tries the accused.
    I think the powers that be (govt) would LOVE for that to become true.... seeing as how they are masters at duping us... and we generally believe the lies they tell.
    GA-HVAC-Tech

Quality work at a fair price with excellent customer service!

Romans Ch's 5-6-7-8

2 Chronicles 7:14

Quote Originally Posted by jmac00 View Post
    Supposition, conjecture and pure BS opinion, that is all you have at this point. The 911 tape doesn't support your position, yet you persist in spouting your "guess" as to what happened. My assertion is that Zimmerman MIGHT BE not guilty and that his claim to Self-defense is valid....MAYBE.

AGAIN, you guys assume that anyone with a gun is a threat to society even after FBI crime statistics prove beyond a shadow of a doubt that is not the case.

Instead of dancing around the issue, just come out and say your part of society that thinks the country would be better off if only the criminals had weapons.
    Again funny that your opinion is considered an “assertion” and ours is “supposition, conjecture, and pure BS.”

I’m not saying everyone with a concealed gun is a threat; only certain people that you would want to have the right to carry just so you can carry.

Again funny that your opinion is considered an “assertion” and ours is “supposition, conjecture, and pure BS.”

I’m not saying everyone with a concealed gun is a threat; only certain people that you would want to have the right to carry just so you can carry.
    Actually, JMAC didn't claim his statement was fact like so many others are doing.
    Don't worry zombies are looking for brains, you're safe...

Quote Originally Posted by ControlsInMT View Post
    Actually, JMAC didn't claim his statement was fact like so many others are doing.
    Find one example of someone here stating their opinion as fact.

Page 9 of 20 FirstFirst ... 234567891011121314151619 ... LastLast