Page 2 of 20 FirstFirst 12345678912 ... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by Gib's Son View Post
    Nothing but your opinion and speculation. What would have happened if I flipped that coin from the top of a ladder instead of standing on my own two feet. Would it have landed on head instead of tails? You nor anyone else is capable of knowing what goes on in someone else s head so you cast your own beliefs and judgments upon others assuming their brain works the same way. The human mind/ experience just does not work that way.
    Then what gave Zimmerman the courage and what made him feel the need to approach Martin alone in the dark? Martin wasn’t harming anyone or breaking into a home and the cops were on the way.

Yes, we do know a few details about the case. For us to play dumb while we wait for that lying Zimmerman to spin a story gives him the advantage. Too bad we will never hear Martin’s side.

I think we are missing the point: It is easy to 'arm chair quarterback'... However when we let our selves believe we really DO have an answer... rather than just speculation... IMO we have crossed the line between thought and some seriously unhealthy mental attitudes.

Racism, bigotry, arrogance, deceitful manipulation (and a host of other things folks do); come from not staying on the humble side of that line.

The attitude behind what is said is more important than what is said... IMO a wise person keeps their thinking in perspective.
    GA-HVAC-Tech

Quality work at a fair price with excellent customer service!

Romans Ch's 5-6-7-8

2 Chronicles 7:14

Quote Originally Posted by Brian GC View Post
    The way I see it is Zimmerman approached Martin with full knowledge that he could easily fall back on his gun for defense. That is how guns create situations like this. They give you iron balls and people end up dead unnecessarily. His gun influenced him to not show any prudence or wait for the cops.

It’s a fact that Martin would still be alive if Zimmerman waited for the cops like he was told.
    good to see you where there, do you video tape the encounter. Im sure the police would love to see it.

I have been in 4 "encounters" with, I'll just call them evil doers, and I have pulled (Brandished) my weapon only once. and I never even had to point it at anything other than the ground. in every case I retreated rather than stand there and argue with a complete moron.

Your assumption that a guns makes one brave is ludicrous. It shows your ignorance as to the reason anyone would carry or posses a firearm.

Each year in this country, it is estimated that a law abiding, legally armed citizen uses there firearm to protect themselves 2.5 MILLION times, 99% of which a shot is never fired. Its only a conservative estimate because many encounters are not reported by CCW holders, as no shot were fired. Targeting Guns, Dr. Gary Kleck, Criminologist, Florida State University, Aldine, 1997

You should go back and do some serious research about CCW and firearms in America and stop listening to the whacky Brady Bunch. Their only purpose is to disarm Law abiding Americans. When was the last time the Brady Campaign or Violence Policy Center actually addressed the criminal element in society??? When was the last time we heard Sara Brady say "we need to get the gun out of the hands of criminals" .....ya, she doesn't care about the gang-bangers, or drug dealers. She only cares about the legally armed citizen.
    The Last four letters

American = I Can, Republican = I Can, Democrats = Rats

any questions

Quote Originally Posted by ga-hvac-tech View Post
    ... However when we let our selves believe we really DO have an answer...
    Nobody here says they have the answer. What we do have is opinions formed by the facts we know up to this point.

Quote Originally Posted by jmac00 View Post
    good to see you where there, do you video tape the encounter. Im sure the police would love to see it.

I have been in 4 "encounters" with, I'll just call them evil doers, and I have pulled (Brandished) my weapon only once. and I never even had to point it at anything other than the ground. in every case I retreated rather than stand there and argue with a complete moron.

Your assumption that a guns makes one brave is ludicrous. It shows your ignorance as to the reason anyone would carry or posses a firearm.

Each year in this country, it is estimated that a law abiding, legally armed citizen uses there firearm to protect themselves 2.5 MILLION times, 99% of which a shot is never fired. Its only a conservative estimate because many encounters are not reported by CCW holders, as no shot were fired. Targeting Guns, Dr. Gary Kleck, Criminologist, Florida State University, Aldine, 1997

You should go back and do some serious research about CCW and firearms in America and stop listening to the whacky Brady Bunch. Their only purpose is to disarm Law abiding Americans. When was the last time the Brady Campaign or Violence Policy Center actually addressed the criminal element in society??? When was the last time we heard Sara Brady say "we need to get the gun out of the hands of criminals" .....ya, she doesn't care about the gang-bangers, or drug dealers. She only cares about the legally armed citizen.
    So you think Zimmerman would have approached Martin alone, in the dark, for no immanent reason, when the cops were on the way if he was not packing?

Don’t tell me packing doesn’t give some people iron balls.

So you think Zimmerman would have approached Martin alone, in the dark, for no immanent reason, when the cops were on the way if he was not packing?

Don’t tell me packing doesn’t give some people iron balls.
    the point is, NO ONE really knows what happened that night. And you assumption that carrying a firearm gives anyone "iron balls" is ludicrous.

Actually, do your self a favor. Go get a Pistol Permit, by a firearm and then come back here and tell me how brave you feel all-of-sudden. Tell me how much you want to stand and argue with someone over some little BS thing.

When you do that, come back and give us a report on how, by having a firearm, your testicles have turned to iron
    The Last four letters

any questions

the point is, NO ONE really knows what happened that night. And you assumption that carrying a firearm gives anyone "iron balls" is ludicrous.

Actually, do your self a favor. Go get a Pistol Permit, by a firearm and then come back here and tell me how brave you feel all-of-sudden. Tell me how much you want to stand and argue with someone over some little BS thing.

When you do that, come back and give us a report on how, by having a firearm, your testicles have turned to iron
    Giving someone the ability to take a life with a flick of the finger in not internalized by everyone the same. I am not a gun control advocate but I do think those who carry guns responsibly, like yourself, should be willing to condemn those that misuse guns. This is not a clear and shut case of Zimmerman getting bloodied so he was justified in pulling his gun. It is all about why he approached Martin in the first place. Martin wasn’t doing anything seriously wrong.

you will find that the harshest critics of illegal use of firearms comes from the firearms community.

Take Jovon Belcher, the NFL player who killed his girlfriend them himself. I can't tell you how angry firearms owners are at Mr. Belcher at what he did. There is no excuse for what he did.

As far as Zimmerman goes, EVERYONE in the firearms community that I know are standing back and waiting for a jury to determine what happened, how it happened and why it happened.

From what I know of this particular case, is Zimmerman WAS attacked. I have no clue who attacked who first or why? Was he justified using his firearm?? I don't know, I'm willing to let the legal system work out who is guilty or innocent. I have my opinion, I will keep that to myself until the end of June or July when the case goes to a jury for deliberation.

I will NOT let the media or Jesse jackson or Al Sharpton make that decision for me.
    The Last four letters

any questions

Then what gave Zimmerman the courage and what made him feel the need to approach Martin alone in the dark? Martin wasn’t harming anyone or breaking into a home and the cops were on the way.

Yes, we do know a few details about the case. For us to play dumb while we wait for that lying Zimmerman to spin a story gives him the advantage. Too bad we will never hear Martin’s side.
    All you did here was prove my point, I appreciate that. Too bad you can't seem to recognize that.
    If a nation expects to be ignorant and free, in a state of civilization, it expects what will never be. (Thomas Jefferson 1816)

You see, he is judging others by his own internal beliefs and feelings. Perhaps he would feel like he as iron nads and therefore everyone must be the same. I'm actually more likely to walk/ run away from a situation if I have a gun. But don't mistake that from total avoidance of a situation or my unwillingness to use one if need be.
    If a nation expects to be ignorant and free, in a state of civilization, it expects what will never be. (Thomas Jefferson 1816)

You see, he is judging others by his own internal beliefs and feelings. Perhaps he would feel like he as iron nads and therefore everyone must be the same. I'm actually more likely to walk/ run away from a situation if I have a gun. But don't mistake that from total avoidance of a situation or my unwillingness to use one if need be.

exactly, I have no problem with running away. people get behind their computer and say they will "kill anyone that messes with me" ya right, wait for that adrenalin dump, then tell me what you would do. Ask the NYPD cops that shot at a nutcase in front of the Empire State building......they hit NINE (9) innocent by standers??? Missed the bad guy by a mile. Holy crap? how much time do these guys spend at the range??
    The Last four letters

any questions

Yeah and who is to say Zimmerman just got out of the car to take a look in the "rainy" night to see where Travon was and then turned and was walking back to his car when he was blindsided.

You just don't know and we sure don't know that Zimmerman confronted Martin or that Martin jumped Zimmerman from behind. I sure don't know the facts like Brian. He should testify as to what he saw that night instead of just posting it here on our forum. LOL. Thank you, thank you very much
    "I could have ended the war in a month. I could have made North Vietnam look like a mud puddle."
    "I have little interest in streamlining government or in making it more efficient, for I mean to reduce its size. I do not undertake to promote welfare, for I propose to extend freedom. My aim is not to pass laws, but to repeal them. It is not to inaugurate new programs, but to cancel old ones that do violence to the Constitution."
    Barry Goldwater

Zimmerman.... a steer till he straps that gun to his side......like most ccw folk....
    YOU SHALL REAP WHAT YOU HAVE _______ SOWN

Page 2 of 20 FirstFirst 12345678912 ... LastLast