Page 17 of 20 FirstFirst ... 71011121314151617181920 LastLast
Results 209 to 221 of 248
  1. #209
    Join Date
    Mar 2008
    Location
    Long Beach, CA
    Posts
    3,741
    Quote Originally Posted by hearthman View Post
    I don't know about the rest of you but I'm really getting sick of Corny discussing race or skin color somehow in every post. Is that all you live for? Grow up and move away, please. Again, I ask the Mods to consider his consistent racial twist to every situation. It should have no place here.
    I second this. Just because the 'The Reverend' and Sharpton came rushing in for their ten minutes of fame doesn't make it a racial issue. Everything is racial to them. Maybe the prosecution brought charges because they really do have a case.

  2. #210
    Join Date
    Sep 2005
    Location
    Atlanta GA area
    Posts
    21,760
    Quote Originally Posted by hearthman View Post
    I don't know about the rest of you but I'm really getting sick of Corny discussing race or skin color somehow in every post. Is that all you live for? Grow up and move away, please. Again, I ask the Mods to consider his consistent racial twist to every situation. It should have no place here.

    Corny is not a lib or a conserv or a racist... he is simply here for amusement. IMO Corny is an instigator. He posted one time he likes to pick on folks...

    This is why I have him on ignore... NOT because I disagree with him or cannot handle his arguments... rather because casting one's pearls before the swine is fruitless...
    GA-HVAC-Tech

    Quality work at a fair price with excellent customer service!

    Romans Ch's 5-6-7-8

    2 Chronicles 7:14

  3. #211
    Join Date
    Mar 2008
    Location
    Long Beach, CA
    Posts
    3,741
    Quote Originally Posted by hydra View Post
    Zimmerman, while an idiot, was under no obligation to "stand down". 911 operator gave wise advice but that is not the same as a direct command from law enforcement.
    How did he know he was not getting a direct command from law enforcement and that it could be disregarded? How do you know that now?

  4. #212
    Join Date
    Sep 2005
    Location
    Atlanta GA area
    Posts
    21,760
    Quote Originally Posted by Brian GC View Post
    What you referred to as “mob rule” is when the public forms an opinion on a case prior to the trial. There is nothing wrong with that. And of course I don’t condone the actual definition of mob rule.

    If you had the guts to listen to the 911 tape and then watch Zimmerman describe how things went down that night you’d be better equipped to discuss this and give an opinion. But for some reason that is too much work or too much information for you. It’s easier to sit back and speak in generalities.
    You do not get it Brian... Whether I (GA) thinks Martin or Zimm did the right or wrong thing is not my concern... what IS my concern is that they, like any other US citizen, gets a fair and unbiased trial. This emotional frenzy we are being pumped into lessens the possibility of that fair trial... as well as something else:

    Lets say Zimm is found innocent... you and I know there will be rioting in the streets! And yeah, Jesse and Al will be pouring gasoline on the fire... why someone does not prosecute them is beyond me.

    So what you say: Well there will be loss of life, injury, and property damage. I am not going to accuse you of not caring if someone else is injured or looses their life... you can think that one our for yourself. I think you know I care about other folks lives.
    However lets take this to a simple street level greedy interpretation: When there is a riot... looting and property damage happens. Yeah, the insurance pays for it... but guess what: Insurance cos never go broke... they just raise their rates. And guess who pays those higher rates? Yeah, you and me.

    So beyond the loss of liberty... the potential for bodily harm, the potential for loss of life... there is increased economic pain when mob rule takes effect.

    Now tell me you still think this is a good idea...
    GA-HVAC-Tech

    Quality work at a fair price with excellent customer service!

    Romans Ch's 5-6-7-8

    2 Chronicles 7:14

  5. #213
    Join Date
    Sep 2005
    Location
    Atlanta GA area
    Posts
    21,760
    Quote Originally Posted by Tool-Slinger View Post
    Curious case. The truth is nobody knows what actually happened in the actual confrontation with zim/martin, just peripheral supporting facts about the guys & incident.

    I do hope proper justice is done. But I really think both zim and martin are creeps we could do without. No tears from me either way.
    Would you shed a tear of we as a country loose a slice of our freedom and liberty over this?
    GA-HVAC-Tech

    Quality work at a fair price with excellent customer service!

    Romans Ch's 5-6-7-8

    2 Chronicles 7:14

  6. #214
    Join Date
    Jan 2001
    Posts
    8,268
    Just proving my point that these issues are more black vs white then right vs wrong.....

    There are plenty of threads here with goose eggs..... you dont have to respond unless you have an opinion on the matter. You dont have to read the threads either.
    YOU SHALL REAP WHAT YOU HAVE _______ SOWN

  7. #215
    Join Date
    Mar 2008
    Location
    Long Beach, CA
    Posts
    3,741
    Quote Originally Posted by ga-hvac-tech View Post
    This emotional frenzy we are being pumped into lessens the possibility of that fair trial...
    Not sure I agree with that. The biggest “emotional frenzy’ in history was stirred up over OJ’s guilt, yet it had no effect on his prosecution. What it does do is promote expectations of the verdict.

  8. #216
    Join Date
    Apr 2007
    Location
    Kaufman county, Texas
    Posts
    10,493
    Quote Originally Posted by ga-hvac-tech View Post
    Would you shed a tear of we as a country loose a slice of our freedom and liberty over this?
    I cannot see any way that could be a possible outcome. Not even close. If you mean riots, I suppose that may be a local problem if martin advocates rally en mass on location.
    "You boys are really making this thing harder than it has to be". Me

    "I say we just nuke them from space, that is the only way to be sure". Winch from ALIENS, forgot her name.

    Service calls submitted after 3PM will be posted the next business day.

    I give free estimates [Wild Ass Guesses] over the phone.

    My front door is locked. For your personal protection.

  9. #217
    Join Date
    Jan 2001
    Posts
    8,268
    Da only one who is in danger of losing any freedoms over this is Zimmerman..... this isnt a gun control issue..... its an idiots with guns issue and it can be solved by throwing the idiot in jail.

    Not going to be any riots over this either..... the case of zim v trayvon is played out in this country on a regular basis...... somehow this one made the news........ its like the missing kids stories...... kids are brutally murdered raped in this country quite often but the news doesnt go hog wild in every instance....... but in some instances they go all out...... Remember Jon Benet...... that case is still in the media at times..... but there are so many other children who go missing or turn up dead....and we dont ever hear about those cases.....

    We had a mom here lock two of her kids in a closet and torched her house because her boyfriend wouldnt stay with her as long as she had those kids..... it wasnt even given front page status here.... I dont know what criteria the media uses to pick and chose what stories they go all out hog wild with.......but believe me.... there is nothing special about trayvon getting killed..... just for some reason....might have been a slow news day.... the media picked up the story and ran with it.

    By the time this comes to trial...whatever the outcome..... there will be the usual news commentary.... outraged citizens giving a few interviews on tv.... but most will confine their "rioting" to the net.
    YOU SHALL REAP WHAT YOU HAVE _______ SOWN

  10. #218
    Join Date
    Sep 2005
    Location
    Atlanta GA area
    Posts
    21,760
    Quote Originally Posted by Tool-Slinger View Post
    I cannot see any way that could be a possible outcome. Not even close. If you mean riots, I suppose that may be a local problem if martin advocates rally en mass on location.
    History of our country would differ... I hope you are correct.
    GA-HVAC-Tech

    Quality work at a fair price with excellent customer service!

    Romans Ch's 5-6-7-8

    2 Chronicles 7:14

  11. #219
    Join Date
    Sep 2005
    Location
    Atlanta GA area
    Posts
    21,760
    Quote Originally Posted by Brian GC View Post
    Not sure I agree with that. The biggest “emotional frenzy’ in history was stirred up over OJ’s guilt, yet it had no effect on his prosecution. What it does do is promote expectations of the verdict.
    And you do not see that is NOT healthy for society?

    Really Brian... do you really live out of your emotions like a little girl?
    GA-HVAC-Tech

    Quality work at a fair price with excellent customer service!

    Romans Ch's 5-6-7-8

    2 Chronicles 7:14

  12. #220
    Join Date
    Mar 2008
    Location
    Long Beach, CA
    Posts
    3,741
    Quote Originally Posted by ga-hvac-tech View Post
    And you do not see that is NOT healthy for society?
    I will honor the verdict of a jury but I don‘t have to respect it. The OJ verdict was flat out wrong and the people knew it. It is healthier for the people to see through stupid jury verdicts.

    When all the evidence comes out about Zimmerman I will have my own verdict. Twelve people don’t make something right or wrong, they just decide jail time. When all the evidence is shown to the public we can make a better decision of guilt than those twelve jurors.

  13. #221
    Join Date
    Apr 2007
    Location
    Kaufman county, Texas
    Posts
    10,493
    Quote Originally Posted by Brian GC View Post
    I will honor the verdict of a jury but I don‘t have to respect it. The OJ verdict was flat out wrong and the people knew it. It is healthier for the people to see through stupid jury verdicts.

    When all the evidence comes out about Zimmerman I will have my own verdict. Twelve people don’t make something right or wrong, they just decide jail time. When all the evidence is shown to the public we can make a better decision of guilt than those twelve jurors.
    Geez Brian, we pretty much have the twelve juror system as the law of the land. Are you advocating mob rule?
    "You boys are really making this thing harder than it has to be". Me

    "I say we just nuke them from space, that is the only way to be sure". Winch from ALIENS, forgot her name.

    Service calls submitted after 3PM will be posted the next business day.

    I give free estimates [Wild Ass Guesses] over the phone.

    My front door is locked. For your personal protection.

Page 17 of 20 FirstFirst ... 71011121314151617181920 LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  
Comfortech Show Promo Image

Related Forums

Plumbing Talks | Contractor Magazine
Forums | Electrical Construction & Maintenance (EC&M) Magazine
Comfortech365 Virtual Event