Page 15 of 20 FirstFirst ... 5891011121314151617181920 LastLast
Results 183 to 195 of 248
  1. #183
    Join Date
    Jan 2001
    Posts
    7,911
    Quote Originally Posted by exreo View Post
    I'm just curious to know, do you personally want Zimmerman to walk, or would you like to see him get some time? If you want him to get time, how much?
    Whatever you normally get for manslaughter is about the best we can hope for.

    Ive stated in another thread that Id like to see him get six years in the stir....

    That stupid sh** could have just sat in his car.... but he had to be billy bad a** and go and confront some black kid walking thru his neighborhood..... and then he ended up killing him.....

    6 years would be a good way of letting Zimmerman have some time to reflect on his actions that night....

    Lets not rehash the subject again.... Yes... zimmerman was getting the tar whipped out of him by trayvon..... but ultimately.... this whole thing would have never started if the zim meister.....had just sat in his car and waited on the law.

    I believe he will walk though...... dead men tell no tales....and they dont get to tell their side of the story.
    YOU SHALL REAP WHAT YOU HAVE _______ SOWN

  2. #184
    Join Date
    May 2000
    Location
    Rochester, NY, USA
    Posts
    14,358
    Quote Originally Posted by Brian GC View Post
    I don't see a problem with any of the scenarios you pointed out. They are all bogus assumptions. You are just spouting a bunch of legal procedures that would not apply to this situation 99% of the time. In other words I am not impressed with your legal knowledge as it applies to this situation.

    I highlighted the only statement that applies IMO.
    BWHAHAHAHAHA unbelievable.

    Good luck if your ever arrested, you're in for a huge (unhappy) surprise
    LOVE has four letters

    So does BEER, DEER,GUNS AND FISH

  3. #185
    Join Date
    May 2006
    Location
    Ft. Worth, TX
    Posts
    1,947
    Quote Originally Posted by corny View Post
    Whatever you normally get for manslaughter is about the best we can hope for.

    Ive stated in another thread that Id like to see him get six years in the stir....

    That stupid sh** could have just sat in his car.... but he had to be billy bad a** and go and confront some black kid walking thru his neighborhood..... and then he ended up killing him.....

    6 years would be a good way of letting Zimmerman have some time to reflect on his actions that night....

    Lets not rehash the subject again.... Yes... zimmerman was getting the tar whipped out of him by trayvon..... but ultimately.... this whole thing would have never started if the zim meister.....had just sat in his car and waited on the law.

    I believe he will walk though...... dead men tell no tales....and they dont get to tell their side of the story.
    Yes, yes, poor little treyvon. He was such a sweet innocent young black boy. Da white man is always trying to hurt da black man--even a young boy like sweet little Treyvon. They need to hang that white man by his white *alls.

  4. #186
    Join Date
    Jan 2001
    Posts
    7,911
    Quote Originally Posted by exreo View Post
    Yes, yes, poor little treyvon. He was such a sweet innocent young black boy. Da white man is always trying to hurt da black man--even a young boy like sweet little Treyvon. They need to hang that white man by his white *alls.
    Not sure how innocent a teen trayvon was but what we do know is that on the night in question he was simply walking home and wasnt up to anything and i dont see where he needed to be killed for that.
    YOU SHALL REAP WHAT YOU HAVE _______ SOWN

  5. #187
    Join Date
    Jun 2002
    Location
    Dacula, GA
    Posts
    12,723
    Quote Originally Posted by corny View Post
    Not sure how innocent a teen trayvon was but what we do know is that on the night in question he was simply walking home and wasnt up to anything and i dont see where he needed to be killed for that.
    Wow corny nice to know you know more "facts" here than the rest us. How many more "facts" do you know? So he wasn't casing condos to break into that night like has been done on other nights there?

    Where did you get that fact? Nice to know you can just pull these "facts" right out of the air here. Just like other "liberals", you know more than the rest of us. You should also testify as to what you "know". Thank you, thank you very much
    "I could have ended the war in a month. I could have made North Vietnam look like a mud puddle."
    "I have little interest in streamlining government or in making it more efficient, for I mean to reduce its size. I do not undertake to promote welfare, for I propose to extend freedom. My aim is not to pass laws, but to repeal them. It is not to inaugurate new programs, but to cancel old ones that do violence to the Constitution."
    Barry Goldwater

  6. #188
    Join Date
    Jan 2001
    Posts
    7,911
    Quote Originally Posted by glennac View Post
    Wow corny nice to know you know more "facts" here than the rest us. How many more "facts" do you know? So he wasn't casing condos to break into that night like has been done on other nights there?

    Where did you get that fact? Nice to know you can just pull these "facts" right out of the air here. Just like other "liberals", you know more than the rest of us. You should also testify as to what you "know". Thank you, thank you very much
    His little brother and his girlfriend both said he went to the store for some snacks....

    Anyhow glenn.... is casing the neighborhood still reason enough to kill him...... Couldnt zimmerman have just pulled up next to him in his car and asked him what he was doing...... explain that he is neighborhood watch...

    Why follow him and scare and intimidate him....

    Hey... letting him know you were on neighborhood watch might even scare him away if he were up to no good....

    You all got to quit looking at this as black and white....or mongrel..... Look at it as if that were your kid out there one night minding his own business ....car breaks down....or he is visiting someone.... gets seen as out of place in someones neighborhood and some testicleless person like zimmerman decides to play cops and robbers with him...

    This boy did not deserve to die..... his death was wrongfull......

    Zimmerman probably didnt foresee the night ending the way it did.....but his stupidity and his lack of better judgement got that boy killed and I believe zimmerman should be taught a lesson.
    YOU SHALL REAP WHAT YOU HAVE _______ SOWN

  7. #189
    Join Date
    Jun 2002
    Location
    Dacula, GA
    Posts
    12,723
    Quote Originally Posted by corny View Post
    His little brother and his girlfriend both said he went to the store for some snacks....

    Anyhow glenn.... is casing the neighborhood still reason enough to kill him...... Couldnt zimmerman have just pulled up next to him in his car and asked him what he was doing...... explain that he is neighborhood watch...

    Why follow him and scare and intimidate him....

    Hey... letting him know you were on neighborhood watch might even scare him away if he were up to no good....

    You all got to quit looking at this as black and white....or mongrel..... Look at it as if that were your kid out there one night minding his own business ....car breaks down....or he is visiting someone.... gets seen as out of place in someones neighborhood and some testicleless person like zimmerman decides to play cops and robbers with him...

    This boy did not deserve to die..... his death was wrongfull......

    Zimmerman probably didnt foresee the night ending the way it did.....but his stupidity and his lack of better judgement got that boy killed and I believe zimmerman should be taught a lesson.

    Lighten up corny, you like most liberals here want Zimmerman to prove himself innocent and Martin was an innocent choir boy intil "proven" otherwise this however only applies when a White man is accused of killing a Black man. If the roles had been reversed then so would the assumptions and cirteria for being found guilty. We all know this but you all just won't admit it. This is the liberal PC world here, just want you to know that some of us understand this quite well and won't ignore it. Thank you, thank you very much
    "I could have ended the war in a month. I could have made North Vietnam look like a mud puddle."
    "I have little interest in streamlining government or in making it more efficient, for I mean to reduce its size. I do not undertake to promote welfare, for I propose to extend freedom. My aim is not to pass laws, but to repeal them. It is not to inaugurate new programs, but to cancel old ones that do violence to the Constitution."
    Barry Goldwater

  8. #190
    Join Date
    Jun 2003
    Location
    Tampa Bay, FL.
    Posts
    120
    The man hasn't had his trial yet. Let's wait and see what REAL facts are presented in a court of law before passing judgement. Zimmerman definitely put himself in an unnecessary situation but regardless of who was doing what, at some point a fight broke out which,depending on who was the aggressor,gives the CWP holder the right to use deadly force to defend against "death or great bodily harm" under Florida law.

  9. #191
    Join Date
    Mar 2008
    Location
    Long Beach, CA
    Posts
    3,520
    Some keep saying we cannot piece any of this together and we should wait for the trial. I say we can make a few determinations based of what we know already. Let’s for a moment use a few analytical skills of our own:

    I am going to assume everyone here has listened to the 911 tape. Zimmerman said he lost sight of Martin when he began running away. Zimmerman then got out of his car and began pursuing Martin on foot. The 911 operator heard Zimmerman pursuing Martin and asked him if he was pursuing Martin. Zimmerman said “yes”. Zimmerman pursued Martin for only a few seconds, which means he only got a few yards form his car before he was told to stop. Zimmerman claims he did not pursue Martin after he was told to stop by 911. So, where did the altercation take place in respect to the location of Zimmerman’s parked car? That will tell you if Zimmerman continued to pursue Martin.

    I have tried to find a map of these two locations but cannot. Maybe somebody here can.

    It strikes me as odd that Martin would run from Zimmerman then double back and mug him to the point of wanting to murder him on the spot as Zimmerman described.

  10. #192
    Join Date
    Sep 2005
    Location
    Atlanta GA area
    Posts
    21,406
    Lessee...

    The way our brains work... if we hear a 'fact' (regardless of whether it is true or fiction or a lie)... repeatedly... soon we believe it. Then if we hear something opposite... we do not believe it.

    Lets apply this to the Trevon/Zimmerman issue: If the media says repeatedly (lets say, 50 times) that Zimm is guilty of racist murder (or choose whatever charge makes you feel good...)... then the courts find him innocent... well who you gonna believe?
    The human mind tends to believe what it hears the most. SOOO... regardless of what the courts say... the average (non thinking that is) human will believe Zimm is guilty, REGARDLESS what the courts say.

    What makes America GREAT is each citizen has this thing called a 'right' to be assumed innocent until proven guilty by a court of law... However:
    If a sleazy media (and perhaps a sleazy govt too) can manipulate public opinion to believe something other than this (the right to be innocent until proven guilty in a court of law)... then we no longer have freedom.
    So tell me... is Zimm innocent or guilty? The answer is: he is innocent until the court says different... PERIOD. No questions, no debate, no speculation... He is innocent because a court has not found him guilty.
    If we do not stick to this reality... we no longer have a nation with 'rule of law'... Think this is not important... think again.

    So what you say... Just wait until someone robs or steals or assualts you... and the media circus decides your fate for you... regardless of the facts.

    We are dangerously messing with our freedom when we get this tabloid mentality of thinking we have enough information (based on biased media reporting) to make a decision. The REAL danger here is allowing someone to be tried in the court of 'public opinion'... which is NEVER the correct way to do things. Think of lynchings and racism and a host of other wrongs. Yes, people like you and me are capable of that...
    The only thing we have to do is put aside the rule of law and think we have the facts and answers.

    Be careful how one lets their mind be programmed by playing the "I know what happened" game. Sure, it feels good to think one knows... however that same good feeling can be manipulated by the press and by the govt... think that cannot happen... think again.
    GA-HVAC-Tech

    Quality work at a fair price with excellent customer service!

    Romans Ch's 5-6-7-8

    2 Chronicles 7:14

  11. #193
    Join Date
    Sep 2005
    Location
    Atlanta GA area
    Posts
    21,406
    Assume: ASS U ME.

    Simple... maybe too simple for a know-it-all (regardless of political persuasion).

    NEVER assume someone's innocence or guilt... ALWAYS let the courts decide.

    Why?

    Would YOU like for someone to assume YOUR innocence or guilt without a court of law?
    GA-HVAC-Tech

    Quality work at a fair price with excellent customer service!

    Romans Ch's 5-6-7-8

    2 Chronicles 7:14

  12. #194
    Join Date
    Mar 2008
    Location
    Long Beach, CA
    Posts
    3,520
    Quote Originally Posted by ga-hvac-tech View Post
    Lessee...

    The way our brains work... if we hear a 'fact' (regardless of whether it is true or fiction or a lie)... repeatedly... soon we believe it. Then if we hear something opposite... we do not believe it.

    Lets apply this to the Trevon/Zimmerman issue: If the media says repeatedly (lets say, 50 times) that Zimm is guilty of racist murder (or choose whatever charge makes you feel good...)... then the courts find him innocent... well who you gonna believe?
    The human mind tends to believe what it hears the most. SOOO... regardless of what the courts say... the average (non thinking that is) human will believe Zimm is guilty, REGARDLESS what the courts say.

    What makes America GREAT is each citizen has this thing called a 'right' to be assumed innocent until proven guilty by a court of law... However:
    If a sleazy media (and perhaps a sleazy govt too) can manipulate public opinion to believe something other than this (the right to be innocent until proven guilty in a court of law)... then we no longer have freedom.
    So tell me... is Zimm innocent or guilty? The answer is: he is innocent until the court says different... PERIOD. No questions, no debate, no speculation... He is innocent because a court has not found him guilty.
    If we do not stick to this reality... we no longer have a nation with 'rule of law'... Think this is not important... think again.

    So what you say... Just wait until someone robs or steals or assualts you... and the media circus decides your fate for you... regardless of the facts.

    We are dangerously messing with our freedom when we get this tabloid mentality of thinking we have enough information (based on biased media reporting) to make a decision. The REAL danger here is allowing someone to be tried in the court of 'public opinion'... which is NEVER the correct way to do things. Think of lynchings and racism and a host of other wrongs. Yes, people like you and me are capable of that...
    The only thing we have to do is put aside the rule of law and think we have the facts and answers.

    Be careful how one lets their mind be programmed by playing the "I know what happened" game. Sure, it feels good to think one knows... however that same good feeling can be manipulated by the press and by the govt... think that cannot happen... think again.
    The gaping hole in your post is that the media affects about .00001% of court cases. However they bring attention to the only court case the public follows in a year, so we think it is a big deal. What net effect do they really have on court cases overall. So one guy like Martin or Zimmerman does not get a fair trial, it’s no big deal in the scope of things. Do you know how many people get screwed in the courtroom every day that involve no media bias?

    Martin and Zimmerman have been selected for our entertainment, not for a stellar example of how fair and just our legal system can be.

  13. #195
    Join Date
    Mar 2008
    Location
    Long Beach, CA
    Posts
    3,520
    Quote Originally Posted by ga-hvac-tech View Post
    Assume: ASS U ME.

    Simple... maybe too simple for a know-it-all (regardless of political persuasion).

    NEVER assume someone's innocence or guilt... ALWAYS let the courts decide.

    Why?

    Would YOU like for someone to assume YOUR innocence or guilt without a court of law?
    I can't even assume the people arguing on this thread have taken four minutes out of their lives to listen to the 911 tape? Something tells me you haven't even listened to it, otherwise you would be curious of the location of the altercaton in respect the location of Zimmerman's car.

Page 15 of 20 FirstFirst ... 5891011121314151617181920 LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  
Comfortech Show Promo Image

Related Forums

Plumbing Talks | Contractor Magazine
Forums | Electrical Construction & Maintenance (EC&M) Magazine
Comfortech365 Virtual Event