Page 10 of 20 FirstFirst ... 34567891011121314151617 ... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by Brian GC View Post
    Again funny that your opinion is considered an “assertion” and ours is “supposition, conjecture, and pure BS.”

I’m not saying everyone with a concealed gun is a threat; only certain people that you would want to have the right to carry just so you can carry.
    thats because your guessing as to what actually happened. My assertion is based on the known facts, such as the 911 tapes. Mr Martins own statements and statements made by witnesses at the scene.

whether you mean, not everyone with a gun is threat or not, it sure sounds like you don,t like people carrying a firearm.

There are laws in place to try and mitigate unlawful people from obtaining a firearm (long gun or hand gun) but like anything else, some will slip through. just like there are many out there that should not be driving, yet these same people continue to be a threat to society.
    "Arguing with liberals...it's like playing chess with a pigeon; no matter how good I am at chess, the pigeon is just going to knock over the pieces, crap on the board and strut around like it's victorious." -- Anonymous

Find one example of someone here stating their opinion as fact.
    Really, then how do you explain the following:

Quote Originally Posted by corny View Post
    ..........Cops were on the way...... no need to hunt that boy down and corner him like some kind of animal..........Zimmerman pursued this young man........
    Not a fact. All we know for a fact is that Zimmerman got out of the car.

So you think Zimmerman would have approached Martin alone, in the dark, for no immanent reason......
    Same as above not a fact.

Just because something is legal does not make it reasonable or prudent. Reasonable supercedes legal in any court of law.
    Not a fact.

No I am not. I am going off what we know already like:
    The cops told Zimmerman not to approach Martin. He did it anyway.
    Martin was out of Zimmerman’s sight so he pursued him on foot.....
    Not a fact. Zimmerman never spoke to a cop just a minimum wage 911 operator. Again not a fact that Zimmerman pursued Martin.

.... It is all about why he approached Martin in the first place. Martin wasn’t doing anything seriously wrong.
    Again not a fact. About Zimmerman approaching Martin and that Martin wasn't doing anything wrong.

I believe that this addresses your "example" of someone stating their opinion as fact. Thank you, thank you very much
    "I could have ended the war in a month. I could have made North Vietnam look like a mud puddle."
    "I have little interest in streamlining government or in making it more efficient, for I mean to reduce its size. I do not undertake to promote welfare, for I propose to extend freedom. My aim is not to pass laws, but to repeal them."
    Barry Goldwater

Yep, both trayvon and zimmerman were out strolling along and minding their own business....and for some reason zimmerman shot trayvon dead and then busted himself up with his pistol.....

Looking over the evidence we have seen in the media....thats about the only logical conclusion one can really come to.
    As Seen On You Tube (usually under someone elses name)

Quote Originally Posted by corny View Post
    Yep, both trayvon and zimmerman were out strolling along and minding their own business....and for some reason zimmerman shot trayvon dead and then busted himself up with his pistol.....

Looking over the evidence we have seen in the media....thats about the only logical conclusion one can really come to.

ya, if your brain dead
    "Arguing with liberals...it's like playing chess with a pigeon; no matter how good I am at chess, the pigeon is just going to knock over the pieces, crap on the board and strut around like it's victorious." -- Anonymous

Isn't it weird that the prosecuter (Angela Cory) goes over to the Martin's and tells them she is going to try and do everything for them that she can? I mean I can see the Martin's lawyer doing that, but not the prosecutor. Where is the objectivity there? This Angela Cory babe is a victim's rights advocate, and there is no way she can be objective about this case. You really have to wonder if Zimmerman will get a fair trial. Do you think he will?

Quote Originally Posted by exreo View Post
    Isn't it weird that the prosecuter (Angela Cory) goes over to the Martin's and tells them she is going to try and do everything for them that she can? I mean I can see the Martin's lawyer doing that, but not the prosecutor. Where is the objectivity there? This Angela Cory babe is a victim's rights advocate, and there is no way she can be objective about this case. You really have to wonder if Zimmerman will get a fair trial. Do you think he will?
    Prosecutors often show support for the family..... they are the familys "mouthpiece" during the trial just as the defense lawyer is the defendants "mouthpiece"

Its her job to do everything legally possible to get a conviction....just as it is the lawyers duty to do everything legally possible to get their client off....

Zimmermans probably going to walk..... he most likely will not be able to use stand your ground to avoid a trial..... but even though he will have to go thru a trial..... its pretty much his word against a dead mans.... and whatever the makeup of the jury they are going to see a young black man going up against a hispanic and they are going to side with the hispanic because they know he would have never stood a chance against a 17 yr old black kid.

Zimmermans best defense will be to say that he tried to run to avoid the severe beating he was fixing to get and that trayvon tackled him and began beating him. ( this may even be the truth.... the only defense a white or hispanic has against a black guy is to run like hell and hope to god the black guy decides to let you go... or of course.... shoot him...

But yes... zimmerman is going to get as fair a trial as anyone else gets....and he is probably going to walk.
    As Seen On You Tube (usually under someone elses name)

Getting a fair trial will be hard with all the PC forces lined up against him the press, judicial, Democrats, socially liberal pugs, minorities, etc.

Yeah they always judge by emotions and how they "feel". Can see that right here. They are making up "facts as they post. To them the prosecuter doesn't have to prove Zimmerman guilty but Zimmerman has to prove he is innocent. That is unfair but it is what it is with the PC folks. Thank you, Thank you very much
    Last edited by glennac; 12-11-2012 at 07:11 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by jmac00 View Post
    thats because your guessing as to what actually happened. My assertion is based on the known facts, such as the 911 tapes. Mr Martins own statements and statements made by witnesses at the scene.

whether you mean, not everyone with a gun is threat or not, it sure sounds like you don,t like people carrying a firearm.

There are laws in place to try and mitigate unlawful people from obtaining a firearm (long gun or hand gun) but like anything else, some will slip through. just like there are many out there that should not be driving, yet these same people continue to be a threat to society.
    In GA, if you have a felony on your record, you do NOT get a CCW permit... NO exceptions.

If I remember; Federal law says if you use a gun to commit a crime... you no longer get to own guns... NO exceptions.
    Now tell me how many repeat offenders will follow that law?

Gun control only takes guns away from honest citizens... which is really what gun control is about: Protecting the govt from citizens that would hold them accountable.
    GA-HVAC-Tech

Galatians 2:20-21; Colossians 1: 21-22 & 26-27; 3:1-4; Romans Ch's 5-6-7-8

2 Chronicles 7:14

Quality work at a fair price with excellent customer service.

Hey, OJ Simpson got a fair trial

I agree with you on what gun control actually accomplishes . And there are already laws on the books to prevent criminals from having guns but as we know the only ones following gun laws are law abiding people .I my self do not like guns ,never owned a gun and never will but know that gun laws do not work . Owning guns is a persons right and should not be taken away .
    Quote Originally Posted by ga-hvac-tech View Post
    In GA, if you have a felony on your record, you do NOT get a CCW permit... NO exceptions.

If I remember; Federal law says if you use a gun to commit a crime... you no longer get to own guns... NO exceptions.
    Now tell me how many repeat offenders will follow that law?

Gun control only takes guns away from honest citizens... which is really what gun control is about: Protecting the govt from citizens that would hold them accountable.

Do you think people like Angela Cory who wear these big crosses hanging from their neck really are Christians or is it all for show? This lady is a victim's rights advocate. She is a prosecutor that has a personal hatred for Zimmerman. 2nd degree murder in this case is ludicrous. She just uped the chrage hoping the jury will reduce it to manslaughter so zim will spend 5 years in jail. Zim was not given a plea deal was he? This means the prosecutor has a personal hatred for Zimmerman. I can't stand this lady. I can't stand her little friend Pam Biondi either.

Do you think people like Angela Cory who wear these big crosses hanging from their neck really are Christians or is it all for show? This lady is a victim's rights advocate. She is a prosecutor that has a personal hatred for Zimmerman. 2nd degree murder in this case is ludicrous. She just uped the chrage hoping the jury will reduce it to manslaughter so zim will spend 5 years in jail. Zim was not given a plea deal was he? This means the prosecutor has a personal hatred for Zimmerman. I can't stand this lady. I can't stand her little friend Pam Biondi either.
    She could have charged Z with negligent homicide, which is easier to prove than Murder 2.

For Murder 2 the burden of proof is higher and tougher to prove. So she maybe doing Z a favor by going with the higher charge.

If a plea deal is offered, Z can reject it, go to trial and have a Jury decide his fate.

http://voices.yahoo.com/homicide-mur...d-6518026.html

Juries cant reduce charges.

Actually charging him with murder 2 is probably a blessing for Zimmerman. They will have a hard time proving it and he will likely walk.

Page 10 of 20 FirstFirst ... 34567891011121314151617 ... LastLast