Page 5 of 20 FirstFirst 12345678910111215 ... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by tinman View Post
    sadly there have been other black kids shot since this incident and that is sad but what is sad also, is it didn't make the news. This incident had to be exploited.
    this kind of thing the media tries to keep quite,

http://www.foxnews.com/us/2012/04/26...about-trayvon/

http://www.americanthinker.com/2012/..._teaching.html
    LOVE has four letters

So does BEER, DEER,GUNS AND FISH

Quote Originally Posted by corny View Post
    I dont think you can sue a tv reporter or a news source for reporting "edited" or even made up facts or lies.... about a news story.

I dont believe they can slander someone on the news..... but they can come pretty close with the first amendment umbrella over their head to protect them.

I believe zimmermans lawyers have already told him this and that is the reason why he is now trying to sell his autograph for money instead of trying to squeeze some money out of the media.
    wrong, you can sue anyone for intentional infliction of emotional distress and slander.

NBC PURPOSELY edited the 911 tape to make Zimmerman out to be a racist, which intun caused wide spread violence. Zimmerman does have a case. Whether he pursues it or not is up to him and his lawyers
    LOVE has four letters

Quote Originally Posted by jmac00 View Post
    wrong, you can sue anyone for intentional infliction of emotional distress and slander.

NBC PURPOSELY edited the 911 tape to make Zimmerman out to be a racist, which intun caused wide spread violence. Zimmerman does have a case. Whether he pursues it or not is up to him and his lawyers
    I agree with Jmac... you CAN sue anyone for anything... Now whether you will win or loose... that is another story.

You can bet your buried stash... the media will SCREAM first amendment rights of free speech until the clouds shake if they are dragged into court... folks who have carved out the kind of power the press has (by lieing) will not give it up easily.

What worries me: The Supreme court is a lot more political than we realize (rather than upholding the Constitution as they are charged to do). SCOTUS tends to rule based on their interpretation of public opinion. Now if this case goes to SCOTUS... the ruling may very well be subtly designed to cripple free press... Oh yeah, they will wrap it in the most carefully tailored spin you have ever heard... only folks who TRULY UNDERSTAND the Constitution will be able to unwrap the spin. The result will be the govt gaining the power to squelch the press... something that will destroy freedom as we know it. Do we really want that? If not... it is time to make a LOUD noise concerning what we believe the Constitution demands from polecats... and make them accountable. We had a chance to do so a month ago... however we did not (the reason is not important) we did NOT vote out the idiots... (that is all that matters). Now we will pay the price... quite possibly for the REST of our lives.
    GA-HVAC-Tech

Quality work at a fair price with excellent customer service!

Romans Ch's 5-6-7-8

2 Chronicles 7:14

Yes... I guess they can go thru the motions of a lawsuit... but precedent has been set by another case that the news orgs dont have to air the truth.... they can air anything they want.

I dont think anyone said anything that wasnt the truth.... they just presented it in an interesting manner.
    YOU SHALL REAP WHAT YOU HAVE _______ SOWN

Quote Originally Posted by Brian GC View Post
    For both of them.

But I will say that if NBC is editing tapes to favor Martin it makes it hard to even form a preliminary opinion of what really happened.

NBC should be held accountable! Both sides edit enough with what they choose to report, let alone how they report it.
    Why even have a preliminary opinion either way when at this point i don't feel it would be based on facts . The courts will sort it out .

Quote Originally Posted by 54885488 View Post
    Why even have a preliminary opinion either way when at this point i don't feel it would be based on facts . The courts will sort it out .
    You mean like they did with OJ and casey anthony? Anyone who really believes our courts can sort out anything is mistaken. Closer to the truth is who has the better, pricier lawyer? Or who can manipulate
    "the facts" better.

Yes... I guess they can go thru the motions of a lawsuit... but precedent has been set by another case that the news orgs dont have to air the truth.... they can air anything they want.

I dont think anyone said anything that wasnt the truth.... they just presented it in an interesting manner.
    what Precedent??? No new agency (or anyone for that matter) can fabricate (alter) a document (911-tapes) to make any citizen fear for there lives.

By altering the 911 tape, NBC portrayed George Zimmerman as a racist AND his family had to go into hiding, this is WILLFUL AND INTENTIONAL INFLICTION OF DISTRESS to Zimmerman and his family, which in turn lead to nation wide violence against white people, EVEN THOUGH Zimmerman is Hispanic. regardless of guilt or innocence
    LOVE has four letters

Quote Originally Posted by newoldtech View Post
    You mean like they did with OJ and casey anthony? Anyone who really believes our courts can sort out anything is mistaken. Closer to the truth is who has the better, pricier lawyer? Or who can manipulate
    "the facts" better.
    Well yea the courts are not perfect probably because of the 12 jurors who are full of flaws because they are human . Its not a perfect system and never will be .

Quote Originally Posted by 54885488 View Post
    Well yea the courts are not perfect probably because of the 12 jurors who are full of flaws because they are human . Its not a perfect system and never will be .
    BETTER than anywhere else.
    LOVE has four letters

Yea thats for sure . So often you have to take the good with the bad .

Funny how soon everyone forgets about Richard Juel and the settlement he got from several different news groups and the FBI well over a million for harming him in the Atlanta Olympic bombing. Thank you very much

Quote Originally Posted by glennac View Post
    Funny how soon everyone forgets about Richard Juel and the settlement he got from several different news groups and the FBI well over a million for harming him in the Atlanta Olympic bombing. Thank you very much
    No court ever forced anyone to give jewell money.... they all settled out of court.

Zimmerman doesnt have a case....... I know some of you think of lawsuits as like the lottery..... but it isnt as easy as you guys hope it is.

Not gonna get zilch...... nada....nothing.....
    YOU SHALL REAP WHAT YOU HAVE _______ SOWN

No court ever forced anyone to give jewell money.... they all settled out of court.

Zimmerman doesnt have a case....... I know some of you think of lawsuits as like the lottery..... but it isnt as easy as you guys hope it is.

Not gonna get zilch...... nada....nothing.....
    REALLY? seriously, you CAN NOT be that ignorant.

"They" settled out of court because "they" realized "they" were going to get creamed by any jury. People settle out of court to mitigate court costs and legal fees.

I suspect the same thing will happen with the Zimmerman case. I also suspect the settlement will include language that doesn't permit Zimmerman or his family to publicize the settlement and forbids them from EVER talking about it, to anyone
    LOVE has four letters

Page 5 of 20 FirstFirst 12345678910111215 ... LastLast