Taaaa-Daaaa he's back, in living color - Page 3
Page 3 of 20 FirstFirst 1234567891013 ... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by jmac00 View Post
    [/B]

exactly, I have no problem with running away. people get behind their computer and say they will "kill anyone that messes with me" ya right, wait for that adrenalin dump, then tell me what you would do. Ask the NYPD cops that shot at a nutcase in front of the Empire State building......they hit NINE (9) innocent by standers??? Missed the bad guy by a mile. Holy crap? how much time do these guys spend at the range??
    I know plenty of men that served in wars that have killed people. I do not ask them about it, nor do they discuss it.

I also know past and present law enforcement people, some have had to shoot people. (note they volunteered the info, I did not ask) Even those with training shake due to the adrenaline rush when drawing down on someone. I expect I would be even worse then them, making it hard to stay on target, to say nothing of the guilt I would feel for taking someones life.....justified or not.

One guy I know went into great detail about what it was like, the smell of the spilled blood and all. Not something I would look forward too and would do what I could to avoid it....including looking like and being called a coward. But, that does not mean I would not fire if circumstances were forced upon me.
    If a nation expects to be ignorant and free, in a state of civilization, it expects what will never be. (Thomas Jefferson 1816)

Quote Originally Posted by corny View Post
    Zimmerman.... a steer till he straps that gun to his side......like most ccw folk....
    Even a lamb is dangerous when provoked.
    If a nation expects to be ignorant and free, in a state of civilization, it expects what will never be. (Thomas Jefferson 1816)

Quote Originally Posted by Gib's Son View Post
    You see, he is judging others by his own internal beliefs and feelings.
    No I am not. I am going off what we know already like:

The cops told Zimmerman not to approach Martin. He did it anyway.
    Martin was out of Zimmerman’s sight so he pursued him on foot.
    Martin was not committing a crime at the time of the altercation.
    Zimmerman is a liar.
    He is also a wanna-be cop.

The jury will hear a lot of Zimmerman’s history and how he MAY HAVE created that altercation which resulted in him having to kill someone. A justified shooting, which it might be, does not get him off the hook.

I’ll ask you this. Do you think a small female cop would approach a black guy in a hook in a dark area alone in the middle of the night when all she has is her gun to subdue the guy? I say no. She would wait for backup. Common sense and rational thinking is what Zimmerman seems to lack…along with enlarged testicles.

I don't know what to think of this case. I have had this happen, I would be walking in the city and thought I was being followed. Am I justified by turning around and attacking the person I thought was following me? On a dark empty street the feeling would be intensified.
    I have my own little world. But it's OK...they know me here.

Quote Originally Posted by Brian GC View Post

The cops told Zimmerman not to approach Martin. He did it anyway.--assumption on your part. He stated he went looking to see where the kid went such as entering a house or running down the alley. Martin bushwhacked him
    Martin was out of Zimmerman’s sight so he pursued him on foot. exactly. The kid ran out of sight lying in wait to ambush Zim
    Martin was not committing a crime at the time of the altercation.he could have kept running home but instead chose to hide and ambush Zim because he wanted to kick his butt. The kid had a chip on his shoulder. Attacking Zimm, beating him and threatening to kill him certainly are crimes
    Zimmerman is a liar.may be--prove it
    He is also a wanna-be cop.Maybe I am too. Does that make me wrong or a PIG?

The jury will hear a lot of Zimmerman’s history and how he MAY HAVE created that altercation which resulted in him having to kill someone. A justified shooting, which it might be, does not get him off the hook.Martin has a lot of history, too.

I’ll ask you this. Do you think a small female cop would approach a black guy in a hook in a dark area alone in the middle of the night when all she has is her gun to subdue the guy? I say no. She would wait for backup. Common sense and rational thinking is what Zimmerman seems to lack…along with enlarged testicles.

Aside from the racial overtone of this comment, I can definitely call BS on this having worked with and seen small female cops working in the 'hood' stand their ground and take down big boys all the time.

The way I see it is Zimmerman approached Martin with full knowledge that he could easily fall back on his gun for defense. That is how guns create situations like this. They give you iron balls and people end up dead unnecessarily. His gun influenced him to not show any prudence or wait for the cops.

It’s a fact that Martin would still be alive if Zimmerman waited for the cops like he was told.
    After Zimmerman was repeatedly pounded on his face and head or before?

Zimmerman is a liar.

The jury will hear a lot of Zimmerman’s history and how he MAY HAVE created that altercation which resulted in him having to kill someone. A justified shooting, which it might be, does not get him off the hook.

Laughable, in as much as you can't see your own character defect of judging others actions based upon your own per-conceived ideas as to what really happened or what was going through either one of their minds. You do know, nor do I.

But that's ok, you are entitled to your opinion as am I. Me, I withhold judgement, it's not my call. Even if he get's convicted that does not mean he is actually guilty. We all know that innocent people have been convicted before, and will continue to be. The inverse is also true by the way.

P.S. What Hearthman said about the lady cop....true! I spent many a year down in L.A. area, Long Beach, South Central etc. I know what it's like and it can be a very scary place. It was especially so during the Rodney King riots.....running service calls to supermarkets just a few miles from the rioting.

So you think Zimmerman would have approached Martin alone, in the dark, for no immanent reason, when the cops were on the way if he was not packing?

Don’t tell me packing doesn’t give some people iron balls.
    I'll have to agree with you Brian. Having the gun does make you have more courage than not having it. I'm speaking from personal experience. I remember one night I was walking around the parking lot at Haltom High School here in Ft. Worth at 0300. I was just out getting some exercise, and I had a Taurus .357 in my left pocket. I didn't have a license to carry. A female cop came up and stopped me and wanted to know what I was doing. She ran my name/I.D. I'm sure glad I wasn't searched or anything like that.

But, I think we do know what happened here in this case. Sweet little Treyvon was almost to his dad's front door when he decided to get an attitude about Zimmerman interrogating him. Zimmerman sure did not go out of his way to be platonic towards Martin. Martin cops the attitude and then walks back to Zimmerman to start the fight. So, I guess you could say that Zimmerman kind of baited Martin into the fight. Then you have Martin who is a hot headed thug-wanna-be, and that is the perfect recipe for a fight. I do think Zimmerman could have calmed the situation by saying he was the neighborhood watchman, and that there had been a lot of break-ins, etc. I don't think Martin would have copped the attitude then, but who knows. And a lot of blacks are raised to hate whitey.

Again, I think the big interest in this case is are blacks allowed to always play the victim, or are they going to have to start talking some responsibility. This is the same argument being played out in the sports media now about this Belcher guy that killed his girlfriend and himself. The sports media wants to blame guns and not blame Belcher.

Quote Originally Posted by Gib's Son View Post
    I spent many a year down in L.A. area, Long Beach, South Central etc. I know what it's like and it can be a very scary place. It was especially so during the Rodney King riots.....running service calls to supermarkets just a few miles from the rioting.
    I went to Long Beach by merchant ship a few times. As beautiful a place as CA is (natural landscape, seascape) Long Beach did not impress. But I was never afriad to walk anywhere in any country even at night. That one time in Chittagong, Bangladesh at night when the lights suddenly went out....

Quote Originally Posted by exreo View Post
    I'll have to agree with you Brian. Having the gun does make you have more courage than not having it. I'm speaking from personal experience. I remember one night I was walking around the parking lot at Haltom High School here in Ft. Worth at 0300. I was just out getting some exercise, and I had a Taurus .357 in my left pocket. I didn't have a license to carry. A female cop came up and stopped me and wanted to know what I was doing. She ran my name/I.D. I'm sure glad I wasn't searched or anything like that.

But, we do know what happened here in this case. Sweet little Treyvon was almost to his dad's front door when he decided to get an attitude about Zimmerman interrogating him. Zimmerman sure did not go out of his way to be platonic towards Martin. Martin cops the attitude and then walks back to Zimmerman to start the fight. So, I guess you could say that Zimmerman kind of baited Martin into the fight. Then you have Martin who is a hot headed thug-wanna-be, and that is the perfect recipe for a fight. I do think Zimmerman could have calmed the situation by saying he was the neighborhood watchman, and that there had been a lot of break-ins, etc. I don't think Martin would have copped the attitude then, but who knows. And a lot of blacks are raised to hate whitey.

Again, I think the big interest in this case is are blacks allowed to always play the victim, or are they going to have to start talking some responsibility. This is the same argument being played out in the sports media now about this Belcher guy that killed his girlfriend and himself. The sports media wants to blame guns and not blame Belcher.
    You have a very well balanced view of the event.

All I'm saying is if there is contributory neglegence then Zimmerman is in a lot of trouble.

Quote Originally Posted by exreo View Post
    I went to Long Beach by merchant ship a few times. As beautiful a place as CA is (natural landscape, seascape) Long Beach did not impress. But I was never afriad to walk anywhere in any country even at night. That one time in Chittagong, Bangladesh at night when the lights suddenly went out....
    Most people that get off the ships go to Downtown Long Beach. You're right, it is not very impressive. You should have come my way a bit to Belmont Shore or Seal Beach. Much, much nicer.

Zimmerman is a liar.

IMO this post is FULL of assumptions... not just opinions.

Brian, how about you explain to us the difference between opinions and assumptions.
    GA-HVAC-Tech

Quality work at a fair price with excellent customer service!

Romans Ch's 5-6-7-8

2 Chronicles 7:14

Quote Originally Posted by ga-hvac-tech View Post
    IMO this post is FULL of assumptions... not just opinions.

Brian, how about you explain to us the difference between opinions and assumptions.
    You shouldn't ask Brian that. He knows all the facts don't you know, he was there. He can tell you that Zimmerman confronted Martin and Martin didn't blindside him as Zimmerman was walking back to the car. He knows it all and what Zimmerman was thinking just like corny and all the liberals on this site, case closed. Thank you, thank you very much
    "I could have ended the war in a month. I could have made North Vietnam look like a mud puddle."
    "I have little interest in streamlining government or in making it more efficient, for I mean to reduce its size. I do not undertake to promote welfare, for I propose to extend freedom. My aim is not to pass laws, but to repeal them. It is not to inaugurate new programs, but to cancel old ones that do violence to the Constitution."
    Barry Goldwater

Page 3 of 20 FirstFirst 1234567891013 ... LastLast