Plugged dryer and cap tube on reach in - Page 2
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
    Common on R134 freezer units with POE oil getting way too hot over long period of time. I found it common on BEV Air freezers that had dirty or low air movement across the condenser coil. Need to replace cap tube and drier

Quote Originally Posted by steve36558 View Post
    Common on R134 freezer units with POE oil getting way too hot over long period of time. I found it common on BEV Air freezers that had dirty or low air movement across the condenser coil. Need to replace cap tube and drier
    I agree with all of what you said with the addition of flushing out the condenser due to the rocks pictured in my hand being in the condenser outlet line before the dryer. I also think that the absence of any oil is unusual too. It's dry as desert sand. Of course, that's probably what the oil turned into.

are you saying that found rocks in the filter, or that you flushed rocks out of your liquid line????

Quote Originally Posted by steve36558 View Post
    I see it all the time

Quote Originally Posted by arnoldbta View Post
    are you saying that found rocks in the filter, or that you flushed rocks out of your liquid line????
    When I cut the dryer out, the rocks (I'm characterizing them as that. Actually they crumbled to powder quite easily) were in the liquid line before the initial dryer screen. That's what prompted me to cut the dryer in half to investigate further.

I am not trying to push one brand over another but you need to install a co52capt drier, its sporlan. Solid core with access ports, you can check your pressures. Those bullet driers aren't even recomended by the compressor mffg's or most valve companies, they fall apart. You need to just change the cap tube along with it, it is a policy where I work. It is too cheap to ensure no blockage or wax build up. The c052capt will help to clean some of the debris, but this all came from that dirty condensor. Bottom line, that was your issue. Channge cap tube and drier and pull a good micron vacuum and you will be set.

Quote Originally Posted by J_Bridge View Post
    I am not trying to push one brand over another but you need to install a co52capt drier, its sporlan. Solid core with access ports, you can check your pressures. Those bullet driers aren't even recomended by the compressor mffg's or most valve companies, they fall apart. You need to just change the cap tube along with it, it is a policy where I work. It is too cheap to ensure no blockage or wax build up. The c052capt will help to clean some of the debris, but this all came from that dirty condensor. Bottom line, that was your issue. Channge cap tube and drier and pull a good micron vacuum and you will be set.
    Your correct except for the dryer part. The compressor is a 1/3 hp and that is the dryer that comes in the box from Tecumseh.

I don't care, True mfg also sends out bullet driers. If you stop using a drier that sounds like it has sand in it you will nevet have an issue. My company always uses solid core driers, even if we have to pay for them. The assurance if not having a call back is priceless, both for you and your customer. And I don't ever recall a compressor mfg "copeland, danfoss or tecumeh" providing a drier. Now like I said earlier some oem will send the bullet ones out, but I am still saying "just dont risk it". The solid core will trap more and not break loose in the system, unless you drop it prior to installing it.

Question is if Sporlan fixed their solid core driers releasing the accumulated debris from around the end with the pad they added.
    Anyone know?

Last I checked sporland doesn't use a pad. I have never had an issue with that, I will check with my rep tomorrow on that though.

Sporlan C052capt-tt-hh drier is specificall designed for cap tube systems with wax issues. It has carbon, solid core, strainer and felt pad. Sporlan made it for these specific issues.

And sporlan does use on the normal driers, a solid core 30 micron (which does most all the filtering) then a mesh screen 40 micron and the pad that is 20 micron. The screen and the pad are just as a precaution(oveer kill).

Do these driers have a screen and pad on both sides?

Just on the outlet from what was understanding from sporlan

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast