+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Plugged dryer and cap tube on reach in

Post Likes
    I don't care, True mfg also sends out bullet driers. If you stop using a drier that sounds like it has sand in it you will nevet have an issue. My company always uses solid core driers, even if we have to pay for them. The assurance if not having a call back is priceless, both for you and your customer. And I don't ever recall a compressor mfg "copeland, danfoss or tecumeh" providing a drier. Now like I said earlier some oem will send the bullet ones out, but I am still saying "just dont risk it". The solid core will trap more and not break loose in the system, unless you drop it prior to installing it.

Post Likes
    Question is if Sporlan fixed their solid core driers releasing the accumulated debris from around the end with the pad they added.
    Anyone know?

Post Likes
    Last I checked sporland doesn't use a pad. I have never had an issue with that, I will check with my rep tomorrow on that though.

Post Likes
    Sporlan C052capt-tt-hh drier is specificall designed for cap tube systems with wax issues. It has carbon, solid core, strainer and felt pad. Sporlan made it for these specific issues.

And sporlan does use on the normal driers, a solid core 30 micron (which does most all the filtering) then a mesh screen 40 micron and the pad that is 20 micron. The screen and the pad are just as a precaution(oveer kill).

Post Likes
    Do these driers have a screen and pad on both sides?

Post Likes
    Just on the outlet from what was understanding from sporlan

Post Likes
    Quote Originally Posted by J_Bridge View Post
    Sporlan C052capt-tt-hh drier is specificall designed for cap tube systems with wax issues. It has carbon, solid core, strainer and felt pad. Sporlan made it for these specific issues.

And sporlan does use on the normal driers, a solid core 30 micron (which does most all the filtering) then a mesh screen 40 micron and the pad that is 20 micron. The screen and the pad are just as a precaution(oveer kill).
    I'm not familiar with that dryer but will definitely check it out. Thanks for the tip.

Post Likes
    Quote Originally Posted by J_Bridge View Post
    The pad was added to stop vomiting everything it had filtered around the end of the core as ALCO's filter/drier demo showed.
    I'm wondering how long the pad holds up since it is the only thing stopping the crud from being spewed back into the system. Looks like they didn't fix the design flaw, they just plugged it with a 20 micron maxi-pad.
    They also said 20 micron was to low for filtration and Copeland had required that level of filtration to make them look bad.
    They caught the crud but then burped it up when the pressure backed off the core. I'd say that excuse doesn't hold up either.
    At least after all the excuses they did do something. Time will tell if it works.

Post Likes
    I haven't seen this result but I can imagine if someone installed the dryer in the wrong location, eventually it'll work it's way out to the dryer. I've seen it more than once that a tech has taken out the "dryer muffler" and install a new dryer. I suppose under certain surcomstances, the beads could sit in the condenser and at some point move through. I'd look for signs that the discharge line doesn't look original.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Quick Reply Quick Reply

Register Now

Please enter the name by which you would like to log-in and be known on this site.

Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Log-in