+ Reply to Thread

Thread: Commercial Refrigeration and a digital manifold.

Post Likes

Commercial Refrigeration and a digital manifold.

Is anyone else using a digital manifold such as a Fieldpiece or Testo for Com. Ref. work?

Post Likes
    I'm still old school. Mechanical guages, digital thermometer and a T/P chart.

Post Likes
    I've adjusted several EPRs after Techs had dialed them in with your mentioned method. That's the reason I ask.

Post Likes
    Its not the tools, its the person using them!

Post Likes
    I have used both and own the field piece. I dont find myself using them as often as I thought I would. I will say they are nice to to check sub cooling and super heat at the same time.

Post Likes
    Been beating the crap out of Digicools for 3+ years.

Everything from prep tables to big racks.

Post Likes
    I've been using my AK900's for a while and don't ever see going backwards to the old school method . . Except when using my stubbys on critically charged stuff.

Sent from my SGH-T999 using Tapatalk 2

Post Likes
    Been using Digi-Cool 1200 & 1250 everyday for a few years now in Supermarkets. I've put tens of thousands of pounds of refrigerant through them and probably a little over 200 gallons of oil.

In the freezer, dropped, kicked, stepped on, bounced around in the back of my van.

Still work great.

Post Likes
    Quote Originally Posted by hvac wiz 79 View Post
    I've been using my AK900's for a while and don't ever see going backwards to the old school method . . Except when using my stubbys on critically charged stuff.

Sent from my SGH-T999 using Tapatalk 2
    I don't see myself using a standard manifold, a dual input thermometer, and a PT chart ever again. Where's the altitude adjustment for the PT charts printed for sea level?!

Post Likes
    Been using my DC 900's for last two years in resi, comm, ind & refer work. Along with my stubies, I'm in heaven.
    Now if I can find hoses that can stand toe-to-toe with my DC's! Any sugestions?

sent from my Samsung Galaxy Note
    Member of the "Work Exchange Program"
    "Will work for knowledge"

"Everyone is a genius. But if you judge a fish on its ability to climb a tree, it will live its whole life believing that it is stupid"
    A Einstein

Post Likes
    Digi-Cools 1200 and 1250's for years. They take a beating and keep going.

Post Likes
    Just got the Digi-cool AK900's. they are great so far. Had the JB digital gauges and after 4 repairs at $ 100 each and they broke again I had enough. There's a reason why they were discontinued. They would keep sending me new ones and there would always be something wrong. Once I didn't even get away from the sales counter and they stopped changing refrigerants, they were stuck on R-22. Needless to say, stay away from them...

Post Likes
    Quote Originally Posted by kamersoutdoor View Post
    Been using my DC 900's for last two years in resi, comm, ind & refer work. Along with my stubies, I'm in heaven.
    Now if I can find hoses that can stand toe-to-toe with my DC's! Any sugestions?

sent from my Samsung Galaxy Note
    I'm using NRP ball valve end hoses. They're pretty good. No complaints.

+ Reply to Thread

Quick Reply Quick Reply

Register Now

Please enter the name by which you would like to log-in and be known on this site.

Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Log-in