+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast

Thread: 5amp fuse blowing

Post Likes

5amp fuse blowing

I've been working on a ducane gas furnace and have replace almost every part but the 5 amp fuse keeps blowing every 6 hrs or so. I even changed the thermostat wire the t-stat itself, the control board, the gas valve and even, the blower and it still blows could it be the condensing unit

Post Likes

5amp fuse keeps blowing on gas furnace

I've been working on a ducane gas furnace and have replace almost every part but the 5 amp fuse keeps blowing every 6 hrs or so. I even changed the thermostat wire the t-stat itself, the control board, the gas valve and even, the blower and it still blows could it be the condensing unit?

Post Likes

Ducane gas furnace question

I've been working on a ducane gas furnace and have replace almost every part but the 5 amp fuse keeps blowing every 6 hrs or so. I even changed the thermostat wire the t-stat itself, the control board, the gas valve and even, the blower and it still blows could it be the condensing unit

Post Likes
    just keep changing parts youll get it eventually and call someone who knows what theyre doing. It would be cheaper to stop now a call a certified tech to fix it. When you try to go cheap you usually end up paying twice, or in your case 5 times and counting.

Post Likes
    I hope you are messing with us!

Post Likes
    Just take the fuse out then! They are such a pain anyway.

Post Likes
    Could be the condensing unit. Why have you replaced so many parts without isolating the actual problem?
    Officially, Down for the count

YOU HAVE TO GET OFF YOUR ASS TO GET ON YOUR FEET

I know enough to know, I don't know enough
    Why is it that those who complain the most contribute the least?
    MONEY CAN'T BUY HAPPINESS. POVERTY CAN'T BUY ANYTHING

Post Likes
    Dang that's an expensive fuse, just get one of those varitey packs of automotive fuses and step up one size at a time till it holds.

Disclaimer "Don't trust the advice from some guy on the internet you don't know"

Post Likes
    No I'm not. And I am universal epa certified. And the gas valve was first bad which is why I changed it and I only changed blower because home owner asked. I have asked many other techs I know and no one think of what it could be.

Post Likes
    One I have replaced the fuse two I did the gas valve because that tested bad first day I was there three only did blower because home owner asked because it was extremely load. And I did the thermostat because the wires were spliced and some exposed. So now why do you think the fuses could still be blowing

Post Likes
    the solution is to just replace the parts that u havent done yet...... eventually u will fix problem

Please, Please Please......keep the Factory Smoke in the Wires!!!!!

Is it Rum'Oclock yet???

Post Likes
    what does being epa certified have to do with the price of beans in africa? Theres only so many things a LV short could be a good tech would find the problem before unneccassarily changing parts. Why would a homeowner want their blower changed if it wasnt bad?

Post Likes
    Wow what great help not really. How about someone who actually knows about this because even ducane tech couldn't figure it out.

Post Likes
    3 amp fuse in a 5 amp slot?

Post Likes
    If I was you I would have done the smart thing... Called a service technician

Post Likes
    were not allowed to give DIY advise to non pro members. If you are a tech, get your post count up and apply for pro membership. You will get all the help you need then, but until then you will not get any useable advice. What is a "Ducane Tech" a gas furnace is a gas furnace to a tech, they all work pretty much the same.

Post Likes
    how many places do you have to post the same question?
    The Food Stamp Program, administered by the U.S. Department of Agriculture, is proud to be distributing the greatest amount of free meals and stamps EVER.
    Meanwhile, the National Park Service, administered by the U.S. Department of the Interior, asks us to "Please Do Not Feed the Animals". Their stated reason for this policy "... the animals become dependent on handouts and will not learn to take care of themselves."
    from an excerpt by Paul Jacob in Sun City, AZ

Post Likes
    Might of ended up saving $ by calling a professional ..

Sent from my SGH-T999 using Tapatalk 2

Post Likes
    This thread is an eye opener for me. Working in a factory run testing units, they wont let me just change parts out if fuses are blowing. They ***** at me if I blow a second fuse without finding the problem, let alone just changing boards, blowers and thermostats. Is this how stuff is actually done in the field?

Post Likes
    Merge your 3 threads on this into one.

Please don't make duplicate threads, thank you.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast

Quick Reply Quick Reply

Register Now

Please enter the name by which you would like to log-in and be known on this site.

Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Log-in