Andover Infinet/Continuum to Tridium

Andover Infinet/Continuum to Tridium

I have a customer that has an Andover NetController running a network of around 100 field controllers, a mix of VAVs and Fan Coils, using Infinet. Their front end has finally crashed and they are looking for us to install something else. I have done some research and it looks as if we can install a JACE with the Infinet driver. My question is, does the existing NetController have to stay or is it better to replace it with the JACE? I was thinking that it needs to stay and we would interface to it through one of the existing NetController Com ports, but I have never done this and am unsure. Will we be able to connect automatically or does the NetController have to be setup for RS485 communication? Thanks.

The AX Infinity driver uses a RS-232 connection to the NetController...

http://resources.lynxspring.com/inde....viewdoc&id=86

Thanks for the link. It has some great information. My main concern is how do we physically connect from the JACE to the NetController? Am I using the JACE serial port or making a cable from the JACE RS-485 to the NetController Com port? Are the NetController ports 1 and 2 usually setup to communicate without any intervention from us? Thanks again.