Post Likes

RTAA 90 ton Trane Chiller

Question.. will the chiller be adversely affected if the machine configuration was still in default for a 7 fan operation which in fact a 90 ton chiller circuit #1 has 5 fans and circuit #2 has 4 condenser fan motors?

Post Likes
    It's probably fine but the configuration needs to be set correctly. What year is this chiller?

Post Likes
    Quote Originally Posted by R123 View Post
    It's probably fine but the configuration needs to be set correctly. What year is this chiller?
    Serial # U07A01744
    It is 2007 I corrected the condenser fan configuration to match each circuit on Monday (4 for circuit #2 / 5 for circuit #1)
    Returned to job site Wednesday the chiller was operating normally
    No diagnostics present. I posted the problems in the tech to tech chat
    I'm still a newbie here in spite of signing up in 2004
    Both circuits 4 degrees superheat 11 degrees avg subcooling EWT 47.3 LWT 43.7

Post Likes
    Default values will not hurt the unit but it will affect operation, default settings calls for CHHB compressors and those use a differential pressure switch for loss of oil protection also the unit checks the correct operation of these switches (1 per compressor) every time the chiller stops, the RTAA70 to 125 tons don't have these switches so if default values are use the chiller will trip when shutting down on "Oil Flow Control-Cpsr X".

You will also see another diagnostic for "Compressor current overload" but his is just information, use the IOM to correctly set the chiller ALL the information you need is in it.
    What's another word for Thesaurus?
    - Steven Wright