Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    How difficult is it to become a dealer? We have a small HVAC company, my father and I and when we do an install we just buy the equipment from local supply houses. Were a licensed company. What is the advantage and disadvantage of a dealer of a particular company? example trane, york, goodman ..etc... We typically just suggest a model or the customer asks for something and we get it.

Quote Originally Posted by sto2299001 View Post
    How difficult is it to become a dealer? We have a small HVAC company, my father and I and when we do an install we just buy the equipment from local supply houses. Were a licensed company. What is the advantage and disadvantage of a dealer of a particular company? example trane, york, goodman ..etc... We typically just suggest a model or the customer asks for something and we get it.
    The short answer to that is "thats what im trying to find out."

Ive been doing like you. Ive mainly just replaced units with what the customer already had. I just had some customers who really pushed for my opinion on what was the best or what i recommended. That made me want to really educate myself on what was offered, mainly the selling points and specifics. I figured that would be easier if I found one brand to stand behind and from that train of thought i should try to find the dealer who can offer me the most if im going to recommend them to customers. Ive found that York has a lot to offer the contractor like financial help with advertisement, financing for your customers and training. Including business training and technical training. To be fair I havent educated myself on what the others offer because im always hit with the "youve got to sell X amount of product if you want to sell Trane, Carrier, Heil, etc.."

One thing I have noticed tonight looking at other major brands (Heil, Trane, Lennox and Rheem) is the York website is the most user friendly for the contreactor. Tons of info on what they offer.

The company I work for has been a York dealer for around 12 years now. They have had some problems. The previosly mentioned and you really have to watch your charge on the newer condensors. the latest problem is the clear plastic collector box on the TG9 furn. cracks. We just recieved 75 revised collector boxes. Johnson controls is working hard to maintain a good product line and our distributor has been great.

the york affinity heat pumps are nice although they are not forgiving on low air flow so check ductwork before installing
    We really need change now

Being a small shop myself, I picked up Fraser johnston (york) as my go to. I have been very impressed with the equipment. Easy to become dealer, and awesome tech support from my supplier!
    I offer Ameristar as my base line.
    Currently, I only do 10% resi/90% refrigeration, so having no quota is a big plus!

sent from my Samsung Galaxy Note
    Member of the "Work Exchange Program"
    "Will work for knowledge"

"Everyone is a genius. But if you judge a fish on its ability to climb a tree, it will live its whole life believing that it is stupid"
    A Einstein

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12