Arcane little Auto-Matrix alarm

I know there's some good AAM techs still out there...hopefully somebody has some documentation that I don't...

I have a GX1 running an internal SPL program, which is periodically aborting with an error code of "43". My problem is that "43" isn't listed in the GX1 documentation as a valid SPL abort code..."43" shows up in the Sage manual, Appendix B, as a "data rejected" error, but that's for a Sage, not a GX1, so I'm not sure where to go with this...

Quote Originally Posted by davem View Post
    I know there's some good AAM techs still out there...hopefully somebody has some documentation that I don't...

I have a GX1 running an internal SPL program, which is periodically aborting with an error code of "43". My problem is that "43" isn't listed in the GX1 documentation as a valid SPL abort code..."43" shows up in the Sage manual, Appendix B, as a "data rejected" error, but that's for a Sage, not a GX1, so I'm not sure where to go with this...
    Have you been able to isolate where the program is aborting. If I remember correctly, in the F201 channel, subtract 2764 from the value in $C and that will give you the line where the problem is.

If you have the ability to recompile and redownload the spl program, insert section numbers (SECTION 3. etc) after each line and then the section number attribute will tell you where it is hanging.
    If you cant recompile, and the program used to work, then probably someone has changed a datatype somewhere or placed a channel back into automatic and the program is getting stopped

Should be the same error code description for the GX (or DX).

Did the program previously run okay with this abort problem as a new issue?

If so, then obviously something has probably changed.

Can't tell you much without much more info.

Is the SPL trying to write to a Read Only point? Was it writing to an input which was previously set for override but is no longer. Or trying to write to an output that's in automatic rather than manual control?
    A site where I stash some stuff that might be interesting to some folks.
    http://cid-0554c074ec47c396.office.l...e.aspx/.Public

I've gone through a lot of effort on Tridium-over-AAM jobs to ensure that the customer knows to click the checkbox I provide for the outputs, to put them into manual, before issuing an override...I thought I'd solved the program abort when I noticed that they had forgotten this two-step process and forced an override out to the economizer damper (and don't remind me about the PUP driver's override attribute slot - it doesn't really work on this site for some reason, so I always bring in the ;AM and ;CV atrributes as writables).

I'll keep digging - it's probably some sort of user error, but they haven't fessed up to anything yet...

I've gone through a lot of effort on Tridium-over-AAM jobs to ensure that the customer knows to click the checkbox I provide for the outputs, to put them into manual, before issuing an override...I thought I'd solved the program abort when I noticed that they had forgotten this two-step process and forced an override out to the economizer damper (and don't remind me about the PUP driver's override attribute slot - it doesn't really work on this site for some reason, so I always bring in the ;AM and ;CV atrributes as writables).

I'll keep digging - it's probably some sort of user error, but they haven't fessed up to anything yet...
    I understand.

Gets frustrating sometimes, doesn't it?

More than half the trouble calls I get are really User Error, as versus anything else.

Half the remaining calls are User Doesn't Really Understand How Things Really Work (and are supposed to work).

Occasionally I get to fix real problems.
    A site where I stash some stuff that might be interesting to some folks.
    http://cid-0554c074ec47c396.office.l...e.aspx/.Public