Page 8 of 8 FirstFirst 12345678

Thread: Why Romney lost

Quote Originally Posted by ga-hvac-tech View Post
    Folks get what they vote for... democracy is not the best system. When we learn that... we may do better.
    We do not have a democracy, it is a republic.

Your point?

I agree democracy is a bad idea, but I am not convinced our republic is panning out real well either.
    Last edited by Tool-Slinger; 12-08-2012 at 06:40 AM. Reason: I am not, rather than hot. but I am hot too:D
    "You boys are really making this thing harder than it has to be". Me

"Who ARE you people? And WHAT are you doing in my SWAMP!?" Shrek

Service calls submitted after 3PM will be posted the next business day.

I give free estimates [Wild Ass Guesses] over the phone.

"I am sorry for interrupting, please continue with your quarreling" Some chick on TV

Quote Originally Posted by glennac View Post
    Yeah well only if you can't comprehend the difference between night and day. Of course for some this apparently is a problem. Thank you, thank you very much
    Actually incoherence is a common condition Glennac;

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=oxKCPjcvbys

Some people do this all the time, they stick their heads in the sand like ostriches and refuse to see the realities of the day. I know, reality sucks sometimes, but as the saying goes buddy,"It is what it is".

"I am sorry for interrupting, please continue with your quarreling" Some chick on TV

Quote Originally Posted by Tool-Slinger View Post
    We do not have a democracy, it is a republic.

Your point?

I agree democracy is a bad idea, but I am not convinced our republic is panning out real well either.
    I agree, a republic would be a better system... however while the founding documents say we have a republic... we do not function like a republic... and most folks think it is a democracy.

First (IMO) we need to educate the voters as to the difference (it is quite simple):
    Three wolves and a sheep are discussing dinner... and decide to vote... that is democracy... Still think it is a good idea?
    In a republic, each of the wolves would have to recognize the right of the sheep to NOT be dinner.

Now lets take this into current politics:
    In a democracy; if a special interest (small minority) manages to BUY legislation... they get their way at the expense of the majority (some democracy... ).
    In a republic; that special legislation is judged on its merits for the ENTIRE society... not advancing one's political career by allowing oneself to be bought.

The catch to both forms of govt is: The voters have to have moral and ethical standards... without them, the quality of a free society crumbles.

GA believes this country got what they deserved last month... and until we raise our standards (a personal choice), we will continue to get what we deserve.

Sorry to be blunt... maybe it is time we all take off the PC blinders and think a bit more clearly...
    GA-HVAC-Tech

Quality work at a fair price with excellent customer service!

Romans Ch's 5-6-7-8

2 Chronicles 7:14

In a democracy; if a special interest (small minority) manages to BUY legislation... they get their way at the expense of the majority (some democracy... ).
    In a republic; that special legislation is judged on its merits for the ENTIRE society... not advancing one's political career by allowing oneself to be bought.
    Doubt it, in a republic it is also the money that gets their way at the expense of the majority. It is just the way of business.
    Never argue with a fool, onlookers may not be able to tell the difference. —Mark Twain

Quote Originally Posted by printer2 View Post
    Doubt it, in a republic it is also the money that gets their way at the expense of the majority. It is just the way of business.
    I pretty much agree I think. Either way money can corrupt. Either way votes can be bought.

Now a pure republic makes more practical sense than a pure democracy by far, the latter has correctly been referred to as 'mob rule'. But there is no pure anything I am aware of, just mixed elements of the two.

I may or may not be wandering off topic, but I do believe very strongly that serious voter restrictions would vastly improve the health or even the very survival chances of either. Probably topic for a new thread, I may have read something into GA's post that was not there.
    Last edited by Tool-Slinger; 12-08-2012 at 07:37 PM. Reason: my house is on fire

Quote Originally Posted by Tool-Slinger View Post
    I pretty much agree I think. Either way money can corrupt. Either way votes can be bought.

Now a pure republic makes more practical sense than a pure democracy by far, the latter has correctly been referred to as 'mob rule'. But there is no pure anything I am aware of, just mixed elements of the two.

I may or may not be wandering off topic, but I do believe very strongly that serious voter restrictions would vastly improve the health or even the very survival chances of either. Probably topic for a new thread, I may have read something into GA's post that was not there.
    That happens a lot... GA does not communicate as well as he should/could...

In some thread, there was a video with a so called educated guy giving a bunch of things a libertarian (he called it liberal) stands for. Might be a good addition to this thread.
    GA-HVAC-Tech

Quality work at a fair price with excellent customer service!

Romans Ch's 5-6-7-8

2 Chronicles 7:14

Romney at the Pacquaio-Marquez fight, ring side.

I am assuming someone not worthy of reading for a variety of reasons:
    Afraid to post their location
    So, according to gahvactech's view, the quality of a post is not measured by its compelling logic, factual statements, interesting writing style, sense of humor or relevance but rather it is judged on the completeness of a member profile on an internet forum.

One wonders if the moon is made of Sharp Cheddar in gahvactech's bizzare universe.

Welshes on wagers... now
    Old gahvactech sure does seem to know all about my posts considering he has me on his ignore list.

Afraid to make wagers
    So I welsh on wagers that I am too afraid to make?

Never posts in HVAC, only in ARP,
    Not my fault gahvactech is a newbie. In the young days of this website those of us here posted in all areas.

I suspect during the time I was posting in all areas of this forum gahvactech was over at pass-along e-mails-talk.com whining about the lack of member contact information.

Joe Bama came to town yesterday,but did'nt bring no bacon.But Andy Dillion Treasurer for the the State will be bring his style of bacon in 30 days.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zI8HRGWKCRc

Direct quotation from Dillion who is a Democrat. "Its taken 30 or 40 years for this to happen".
    FEN

Page 8 of 8 FirstFirst 12345678