Page 2 of 8 FirstFirst 12345678 LastLast
Results 14 to 26 of 100

Thread: Why Romney lost

  1. #14
    Join Date
    Sep 2006
    Location
    Losantiville
    Posts
    1,579
    Romney is the guy that got 47% of the vote. Coincidence or fate?

  2. #15
    Join Date
    Nov 2001
    Location
    Seattle, WA
    Posts
    7,711
    Quote Originally Posted by printer2 View Post
    Good to see you posting.

    One of the factories supplying WalMart, Sears, Disney, had a fire recently and 110 people died in a fire similar to the one that horrified your country at the turn of the century. My mother worked in the thriving garment industry here in town until trade with places like China and Bangladesh (the bulk of the world's clothes is made in these two countries) made most local made clothes uneconomical.




    There is no way we can compete with people making under $90.00 a month. But we still buy the clothes, along with all the other goods coming from far away countries. Aren't price rollbacks wonderful? Well at least my mother is retired.
    I've been too busy in your neck of the woods having fun, and I just got back from a cruise to Mexico; and I've been too busy losing obama supporter customers; and I've been busy with people that hate me cause I talk about the doings and non-doings of obama.

    There was an old joke about you know who your friends are when you get bit by a rattle snake on the butt and need the poison out. Well, the obama thing has separated the winners from the losers in my life, especially lately. And I'm glad. Not compaining at all. Friends don't let friends destruct the United States of America.

    What I find ironic is my daughter is in high fashion in NYC. Once the clothes are designed they are sent to factories all over the world for mass production by basically slave labor. All of her friends are the ones who believe in equal this and equal that but I become non-existent when I bring up the fact that even in NYC there exists sweat shops that make the cloths they design.
    "The American Republic will endure until the day Congress discovers it can bribe the public with the public's own money.
    - Alexis de Toqueville, 1835

  3. #16
    Join Date
    Sep 2005
    Location
    Atlanta GA area
    Posts
    20,287
    Quote Originally Posted by DeltaT View Post
    I've been too busy in your neck of the woods having fun, and I just got back from a cruise to Mexico; and I've been too busy losing obama supporter customers; and I've been busy with people that hate me cause I talk about the doings and non-doings of obama.

    There was an old joke about you know who your friends are when you get bit by a rattle snake on the butt and need the poison out. Well, the obama thing has separated the winners from the losers in my life, especially lately. And I'm glad. Not compaining at all. Friends don't let friends destruct the United States of America.

    What I find ironic is my daughter is in high fashion in NYC. Once the clothes are designed they are sent to factories all over the world for mass production by basically slave labor. All of her friends are the ones who believe in equal this and equal that but I become non-existent when I bring up the fact that even in NYC there exists sweat shops that make the cloths they design.
    There seems to be a way of life some folks get into... not sure what to call it... denial comes to mind:

    They live in a high emotion world (have to stay 'up', not in a positive business sense, rather in an almost drug induced high sense... I suspect some of them actually do use drugs, most probably do not). Anyhow, the high is characterized by being plugged into the latest trends; social, political, business, etc. These folks seem to never think through the facts, the do not know what really goes on, and they seem to not want to know. They just live on that high, supported by their friends who are on that high also. Seems literally anything that argues with the high is to be ignored and run from...
    It also appears some of them end up running from themselves... which we know is not healthy behavior.

    I guess that 'high' feels good to some folks... from where I look at it--it sure looks more self-destructive than the feel good it produces.

    Note; not picking on your daughter... just using your paragraph to describe a strange behavior I see folks live.
    GA-HVAC-Tech

    Galatians 2:20-21; Colossians 1: 21-22 & 26-27; 3:1-4; Romans Ch's 5-6-7-8

    2 Chronicles 7:14

    Quality work at a fair price with excellent customer service.

  4. #17
    Join Date
    Nov 2001
    Location
    Seattle, WA
    Posts
    7,711
    Quote Originally Posted by ga-hvac-tech View Post
    There seems to be a way of life some folks get into... not sure what to call it... denial comes to mind:

    They live in a high emotion world (have to stay 'up', not in a positive business sense, rather in an almost drug induced high sense... I suspect some of them actually do use drugs, most probably do not). Anyhow, the high is characterized by being plugged into the latest trends; social, political, business, etc. These folks seem to never think through the facts, the do not know what really goes on, and they seem to not want to know. They just live on that high, supported by their friends who are on that high also. Seems literally anything that argues with the high is to be ignored and run from...
    It also appears some of them end up running from themselves... which we know is not healthy behavior.

    I guess that 'high' feels good to some folks... from where I look at it--it sure looks more self-destructive than the feel good it produces.

    Note; not picking on your daughter... just using your paragraph to describe a strange behavior I see folks live.
    No problem. My daughter, raised by me in a down to earth responsible world, finds she has to live in both worlds if she wants to succeed. And it's difficult for her to do most of the time. She tells me about the conflicts of having to deal with people who don't deal with the reality of life but live in their own made up worlds that they actually find to be the real world as they were raised under and in those circumstances.

    I met one of her many friends and we were out having some NYC desserts with her mother who had flown in from Wisconsin to visit her. I got talking to the daughter who was 28 at that time. And this was about 10 years ago. This young lady, at 28, had graduated from one of the best colleges paid for by her parents, married & divorced in a few years, held a management job doing what she hated and then quit.

    She was being sent back to school at American University in DC to get her MBA in Business, of course. Also being paid, room & board, by her loving parents. She could not make up her mind about what to order so she changed her mind three times, as a side note. While talking to me when I was asking her challenging questions as to what she wanted to do with her life...so far, to me, it was really screwed up...she started laughing & I asked he why.

    This was close her exact answer. I hate working. I hate corporate America but I'm going back to school, which I love, to get my MBA and in 3 years or less I will be telling corporate America how to run their businesses. Don't you find that odd?

    I find it shameful.
    "The American Republic will endure until the day Congress discovers it can bribe the public with the public's own money.
    - Alexis de Toqueville, 1835

  5. #18
    Join Date
    Sep 2005
    Location
    Atlanta GA area
    Posts
    20,287
    Quote Originally Posted by DeltaT View Post
    No problem. My daughter, raised by me in a down to earth responsible world, finds she has to live in both worlds if she wants to succeed. And it's difficult for her to do most of the time. She tells me about the conflicts of having to deal with people who don't deal with the reality of life but live in their own made up worlds that they actually find to be the real world as they were raised under and in those circumstances.

    I met one of her many friends and we were out having some NYC desserts with her mother who had flown in from Wisconsin to visit her. I got talking to the daughter who was 28 at that time. And this was about 10 years ago. This young lady, at 28, had graduated from one of the best colleges paid for by her parents, married & divorced in a few years, held a management job doing what she hated and then quit.

    She was being sent back to school at American University in DC to get her MBA in Business, of course. Also being paid, room & board, by her loving parents. She could not make up her mind about what to order so she changed her mind three times, as a side note. While talking to me when I was asking her challenging questions as to what she wanted to do with her life...so far, to me, it was really screwed up...she started laughing & I asked he why.

    This was close her exact answer. I hate working. I hate corporate America but I'm going back to school, which I love, to get my MBA and in 3 years or less I will be telling corporate America how to run their businesses. Don't you find that odd?

    I find it shameful.
    Interesting...

    MeThinks the lady with a string of failures in her life... will have another and another until she learns. Hope for her sake that comes along sooner than later... hate for anyone to go through life negative... at a point it consumes one's soul and they become an empty shell.

    We indeed do live in a strange world... I just hope history repeats itself: That being we hit a low that shakes enough folks to reality... to make some changes. I was hoping we were there before the election... looks like maybe 2014.

    Your avatar is more and more becoming the sign of America... whoops...
    GA-HVAC-Tech

    Galatians 2:20-21; Colossians 1: 21-22 & 26-27; 3:1-4; Romans Ch's 5-6-7-8

    2 Chronicles 7:14

    Quality work at a fair price with excellent customer service.

  6. #19
    Join Date
    Feb 2009
    Location
    Canada
    Posts
    6,876
    Quote Originally Posted by DeltaT View Post
    I've been too busy in your neck of the woods having fun, and I just got back from a cruise to Mexico; and I've been too busy losing obama supporter customers; and I've been busy with people that hate me cause I talk about the doings and non-doings of obama.

    There was an old joke about you know who your friends are when you get bit by a rattle snake on the butt and need the poison out. Well, the obama thing has separated the winners from the losers in my life, especially lately. And I'm glad. Not compaining at all. Friends don't let friends destruct the United States of America.

    What I find ironic is my daughter is in high fashion in NYC. Once the clothes are designed they are sent to factories all over the world for mass production by basically slave labor. All of her friends are the ones who believe in equal this and equal that but I become non-existent when I bring up the fact that even in NYC there exists sweat shops that make the cloths they design.
    Kind of funny labeled a liberal here, have a sister and her kids who really are the type. Into protests and against the corporate culture people should be more organic (and other crap) and yet they have no problem flying off to some other city for a vacation. So yeak, I do know the kind of people you shake your head at.
    Never argue with a fool, onlookers may not be able to tell the difference. —Mark Twain

  7. #20
    Join Date
    Nov 2001
    Location
    Seattle, WA
    Posts
    7,711
    Quote Originally Posted by ga-hvac-tech View Post
    Interesting...

    MeThinks the lady with a string of failures in her life... will have another and another until she learns. Hope for her sake that comes along sooner than later... hate for anyone to go through life negative... at a point it consumes one's soul and they become an empty shell.

    We indeed do live in a strange world... I just hope history repeats itself: That being we hit a low that shakes enough folks to reality... to make some changes. I was hoping we were there before the election... looks like maybe 2014.

    Your avatar is more and more becoming the sign of America... whoops...
    My avatar has been in effect shortly after this person called obama started a theme to destruct the US, which he has done successfully. All that is left is some of the details.

    I don't believe this lady or most any of them can learn. All they do and have leaned in life is to react, not understand and create. Get on any bus, any shopping center, any school, any stree corner and observe how the teens, 20's & 30's act. They all look toward some electronic device for facts, the ways of life, wisdom, intelligence, personal communication, personal relationships which are all being manufactured by those behind these devices. Yet they walk into a home, or a job where real experieced people, including a parent or parents reside who are full of life decisions and real facts and walk right past them.

    I don't see the past two or more generations able to learn for the most part.
    "The American Republic will endure until the day Congress discovers it can bribe the public with the public's own money.
    - Alexis de Toqueville, 1835

  8. #21
    Join Date
    Nov 2001
    Location
    Seattle, WA
    Posts
    7,711
    Quote Originally Posted by printer2 View Post
    Kind of funny labeled a liberal here, have a sister and her kids who really are the type. Into protests and against the corporate culture people should be more organic (and other crap) and yet they have no problem flying off to some other city for a vacation. So yeak, I do know the kind of people you shake your head at.
    I don't believe you are a true liberal. Seems to me you work the cracks for entertainment for enlightment and enjoyment. Push come to shove you will be beside all of us so called responsible folks...especially when we start moving in next door cause we don't have a country anymore!
    "The American Republic will endure until the day Congress discovers it can bribe the public with the public's own money.
    - Alexis de Toqueville, 1835

  9. #22
    Join Date
    Sep 2005
    Location
    Atlanta GA area
    Posts
    20,287
    Quote Originally Posted by DeltaT View Post
    My avatar has been in effect shortly after this person called obama started a theme to destruct the US, which he has done successfully. All that is left is some of the details.

    I don't believe this lady or most any of them can learn. All they do and have leaned in life is to react, not understand and create. Get on any bus, any shopping center, any school, any stree corner and observe how the teens, 20's & 30's act. They all look toward some electronic device for facts, the ways of life, wisdom, intelligence, personal communication, personal relationships which are all being manufactured by those behind these devices. Yet they walk into a home, or a job where real experieced people, including a parent or parents reside who are full of life decisions and real facts and walk right past them.

    I don't see the past two or more generations able to learn for the most part.
    You may be right... however it seems to me each person reaches a point here they get tired of suffering the same consequences... and start questioning... IMO the basis for starting that education process called life experiences.

    Maybe the next 4 years of h*ll under his highness... will teach a few lessons... that is; if he runs out of $$$$ to buy everyone.

    If we have a few more 'Hostess' situations... he will loose the union folks. Maybe something will happen to cause him to loose a few more groups... Hope so anyway.
    GA-HVAC-Tech

    Galatians 2:20-21; Colossians 1: 21-22 & 26-27; 3:1-4; Romans Ch's 5-6-7-8

    2 Chronicles 7:14

    Quality work at a fair price with excellent customer service.

  10. #23
    Join Date
    Nov 2001
    Location
    Seattle, WA
    Posts
    7,711
    Quote Originally Posted by ga-hvac-tech View Post
    You may be right... however it seems to me each person reaches a point here they get tired of suffering the same consequences... and start questioning... IMO the basis for starting that education process called life experiences.

    Maybe the next 4 years of h*ll under his highness... will teach a few lessons... that is; if he runs out of $$$$ to buy everyone.

    If we have a few more 'Hostess' situations... he will loose the union folks. Maybe something will happen to cause him to loose a few more groups... Hope so anyway.
    Those are my exact same thoughts...except for the first 4 years. Now, I have no hope.

    The first term told me we could be under a threat but this would be a learning experience and most would "grow up". Then the children voted him back in and that just verified that not only are we really under threat but that a new type of person is now on the streets.
    "The American Republic will endure until the day Congress discovers it can bribe the public with the public's own money.
    - Alexis de Toqueville, 1835

  11. #24
    Join Date
    Feb 2009
    Location
    Canada
    Posts
    6,876
    Quote Originally Posted by DeltaT View Post
    I don't believe you are a true liberal. Seems to me you work the cracks for entertainment for enlightment and enjoyment. Push come to shove you will be beside all of us so called responsible folks...especially when we start moving in next door cause we don't have a country anymore!
    Not so much for entertainment sake, enlightenment and enjoyment more so. While I do like a good debate quite often my focus is to refine some of the ideas on here. Some of the pass along emails or articles that I think might be false, I try and show them for what they are. Part of the reason is that I do believe in a lot of right wing ideas (some left also), but when those promoting those ideas but with wrong information they loose credibility. I think those that look at both sides of the story has a better chance at convincing others than those that only look at an idea from one direction. Not like I hang out on leftist oriented sites, you ever listen to those guys? Only so much you can take.


    Actually I think a bunch of you would do rather well up here. Not that I want anything drastic to happen to your country, I still have faith that you guys will muddle along yet.
    Never argue with a fool, onlookers may not be able to tell the difference. —Mark Twain

  12. #25
    Join Date
    Sep 2009
    Location
    Arnold mo
    Posts
    3,798
    The reason Romney lost is pretty much basic "exponential arithmetic". The people who would tend to vote for someone like Romney is and has been getting fewer & fewer each & every year. Those with differing views about life & everything in it have been growing at an exponential number. The following video explains it very well, although it is based on describing energy, it still explains this well. One of the best parts of the video is where he uses bacteria to describe not only how quickly this "exponential growth" will happen, but how you don't even see how close you are to the end until it actually happens. Picture a glass only one percent full of bacteria, and that bacterial doubles every year. At 2 years it is only 2% full. Even after 4 years you are not very worried because your glass is only 16% full -future looks bright- but you have less than 3 years left before the glass is full. Now change the bacteria for the groups of people who have totally different views of what America should be from those that would tend to vote for a Romney, and you can understand why so many who did/would vote for Romney are a bit shocked he didn't win. Year 5 they were a 68% majority, and in year 6 they were a 36% minority. (Obviously those numbers are just being used to illustrate my point, they are not meant to be accurate). Please watch this video series and then apply the principal to how much the groups of people, who don't hold any of the same values & principals as you do, are growing every year, and I think you will see that the America we all grew up to know is really no longer there, and as time goes by it will be even more & more something totally different than what we knew. Whether or not that is a good thing is not why I am posting this. I am just trying to illustrate the fact that it is changed and will continue to. http://www.youtube.com/playlist?list...D&feature=plcp
    An answer without a question is meaningless.
    Information without understanding is useless.
    You can lead a horse to water............
    http://www.mohomeenergyaudits.com

  13. #26
    Join Date
    Dec 2005
    Location
    California/Nevada
    Posts
    3,594
    Romney never won the straw poll, Obama never won the election.
    this was fake from beginning to end, and larger percent of Americans are starting to agree

Page 2 of 8 FirstFirst 12345678 LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  
Comfortech Show Promo Image

Related Forums

Plumbing Talks | Contractor Magazine
Forums | Electrical Construction & Maintenance (EC&M) Magazine
Comfortech365 Virtual Event