Page 1 of 6 123456 LastLast
Results 1 to 13 of 100

Thread: Why Romney lost

Hybrid View

  1. #1
    Join Date
    Oct 2011
    Location
    Chicagoland Area
    Posts
    4,509

    Why Romney lost

    Romney said, " When I'm elected, I will put Americans back to work. "

    And 51% of the Americans said, "Screw That!"
    Officially, Down for the count

    YOU HAVE TO GET OFF YOUR ASS TO GET ON YOUR FEET

    I know enough to know, I don't know enough
    Liberalism-Ideas so good they mandate them

  2. #2
    Join Date
    May 2006
    Location
    Ft. Worth, TX
    Posts
    1,942
    But unfortunately Mr. Romney was part of the group of capitalist that have sent 10 million to 20 million middle class manufacturing jobs to China and Mexico over the past 20 years. It makes me wonder if a Karl Rove anointed establishment republican can ever win the white house again.

  3. #3
    Join Date
    Nov 2001
    Location
    Seattle, WA
    Posts
    7,744
    Quote Originally Posted by exreo View Post
    But unfortunately Mr. Romney was part of the group of capitalist that have sent 10 million to 20 million middle class manufacturing jobs to China and Mexico over the past 20 years. It makes me wonder if a Karl Rove anointed establishment republican can ever win the white house again.
    This is not entirely true. Would you complain is the same factories moved their businesses to the adjoining states because the cost of doing business would be less for the same product?

    Would you still shop for their products if the prices continued to increase due to the ongoing massive fees and taxes generated by out local, state and Federal governments? Or would there be a time you would not buy their product but go to a competitors because you could purchase the same product for less?

    Romney lost mainly due to the fact that children now run this country and make decisions based on what makes them, as individuals, feel good.
    "The American Republic will endure until the day Congress discovers it can bribe the public with the public's own money.
    - Alexis de Toqueville, 1835

  4. #4
    Join Date
    Feb 2009
    Location
    Canada
    Posts
    6,876
    Quote Originally Posted by DeltaT View Post
    This is not entirely true. Would you complain is the same factories moved their businesses to the adjoining states because the cost of doing business would be less for the same product?

    Would you still shop for their products if the prices continued to increase due to the ongoing massive fees and taxes generated by out local, state and Federal governments? Or would there be a time you would not buy their product but go to a competitors because you could purchase the same product for less?

    Romney lost mainly due to the fact that children now run this country and make decisions based on what makes them, as individuals, feel good.
    Good to see you posting.

    One of the factories supplying WalMart, Sears, Disney, had a fire recently and 110 people died in a fire similar to the one that horrified your country at the turn of the century. My mother worked in the thriving garment industry here in town until trade with places like China and Bangladesh (the bulk of the world's clothes is made in these two countries) made most local made clothes uneconomical.

    Bangladesh fire victims want old jobs back

    As 112 of her co-workers died in a garment-factory fire, Dipa Akter got out by jumping from the third floor through a hole made by breaking apart an exhaust fan. Her left leg is wrapped in bandages and she has trouble walking.

    Now she wants back in.

    "If the factory owner reopens the factory sometime soon, we will work again here," the 19-year-old said.

    Factories like the one gutted November 24 are a rare lifeline in this desperately poor country, and now many of the more than 1,200 surviving employees have no work and few prospects.

    Akter spent 25 minutes trying to get down the smoke-filled stairs before jumping, which she said was "the only option other than being burned".

    Despite her injuries and trauma, she needs the job. Without it, she said, she would either be a housemaid or jobless in her home village.

    Akter made about 4,550 takas (NZ$69) a month sewing pants, shirts and nightgowns. Her husband makes about the same at another factory, but she said it is impossible for them to survive just on his salary.

    The landlord is demanding rent and she has bills at a grocery shop.

    "I am in big trouble because I don't have any savings," Akter said.

    With overtime, the 20-year-old earned up to 7,000 takas ($87) a month from Tazreen as a sewing machine operator. She fled the factory unharmed by bolting out as soon as the fire alarm went off, ignoring her supervisors' insistence that she stay at her station.

    Ratna Begum, 30, is too injured to go back to work for the foreseeable future and needs compensation soon. She jumped out of a fifth-floor window to escape the flames, thinking, "If I die, my family will at least get my body."

    Now she has a bandage on her head and unable to walk without assistance. Without her monthly pay of up to 5,000 takas (NZ$75), she wonders how her family will afford rent, food, her medical bills and school for her two sons.

    The factory had no emergency exits. Police were continuing to question three managers suspected of locking in the workers during the fire. Clothes from major global brands including Wal-Mart and Disney were being produced at the factory, though the companies said the plant was considered high-risk and they had ordered subcontractors not to use it in recent months.

    There is no way we can compete with people making under $90.00 a month. But we still buy the clothes, along with all the other goods coming from far away countries. Aren't price rollbacks wonderful? Well at least my mother is retired.
    Never argue with a fool, onlookers may not be able to tell the difference. —Mark Twain

  5. #5
    Join Date
    Oct 2002
    Location
    Florida Panhandle
    Posts
    4,356
    Romney didnt loose anything, the people that gave us those two candidates didnt care which won, they had both in their pockets.

    Thats why Ron Paul was ignored and marginalized, he was not for sale.


    Roy
    "The perfect Totalitarian State is one where the political bosses, and their army of managers, control a population of slaves, who do not have to be coerced, because they love their servitude"

  6. #6
    Join Date
    Oct 2010
    Location
    AZ
    Posts
    633
    Quote Originally Posted by royc View Post
    Romney didnt loose anything, the people that gave us those two candidates didnt care which won, they had both in their pockets.

    Thats why Ron Paul was ignored and marginalized, he was not for sale.


    Roy
    Exactly. And look what is happening now, a little glimpse of what life with Romney would have been like. Remember when Romney said he wanted to close tax loopholes (in other words he wanted to raise taxes on people). That's what the Republican party is pushing to do right now. Boehner even ousted good, fiscally conservative republicans from financial committees in order to get this accomplished. Tea Party candidates are not welcome according to the old republicans like Boehner. Romney's politics were the same way. He was not a conservative. He was not someone who would have stood his ground to protect conservative principles. He wanted to raise taxes and Republican sheep praised him for it because he wanted to do it in a dishonest way. He was someone who signed an assault rifle ban in his home state! He was the author of the Obamacare model! How was that guy ever nominated or even seriously considered?

    And don't try to tell me his tax plan was in any way different from Romney's. Even IF Romney kept tax revenue the same which he CLAIMED was his intent, all that would have amounted to would be shifting the tax burden from one group of people to another, the same thing Obama wanted to do. The guy was a joke! Republicans need to wake up to these flip-flopping gun-grabbing RHINO candidates and stop blindly supporting hacks with an R after their name like lemmings.

  7. #7
    Join Date
    Nov 2001
    Location
    Seattle, WA
    Posts
    7,744
    Quote Originally Posted by printer2 View Post
    Good to see you posting.

    One of the factories supplying WalMart, Sears, Disney, had a fire recently and 110 people died in a fire similar to the one that horrified your country at the turn of the century. My mother worked in the thriving garment industry here in town until trade with places like China and Bangladesh (the bulk of the world's clothes is made in these two countries) made most local made clothes uneconomical.




    There is no way we can compete with people making under $90.00 a month. But we still buy the clothes, along with all the other goods coming from far away countries. Aren't price rollbacks wonderful? Well at least my mother is retired.
    I've been too busy in your neck of the woods having fun, and I just got back from a cruise to Mexico; and I've been too busy losing obama supporter customers; and I've been busy with people that hate me cause I talk about the doings and non-doings of obama.

    There was an old joke about you know who your friends are when you get bit by a rattle snake on the butt and need the poison out. Well, the obama thing has separated the winners from the losers in my life, especially lately. And I'm glad. Not compaining at all. Friends don't let friends destruct the United States of America.

    What I find ironic is my daughter is in high fashion in NYC. Once the clothes are designed they are sent to factories all over the world for mass production by basically slave labor. All of her friends are the ones who believe in equal this and equal that but I become non-existent when I bring up the fact that even in NYC there exists sweat shops that make the cloths they design.
    "The American Republic will endure until the day Congress discovers it can bribe the public with the public's own money.
    - Alexis de Toqueville, 1835

  8. #8
    Join Date
    Sep 2005
    Location
    Atlanta GA area
    Posts
    20,864
    Quote Originally Posted by DeltaT View Post
    I've been too busy in your neck of the woods having fun, and I just got back from a cruise to Mexico; and I've been too busy losing obama supporter customers; and I've been busy with people that hate me cause I talk about the doings and non-doings of obama.

    There was an old joke about you know who your friends are when you get bit by a rattle snake on the butt and need the poison out. Well, the obama thing has separated the winners from the losers in my life, especially lately. And I'm glad. Not compaining at all. Friends don't let friends destruct the United States of America.

    What I find ironic is my daughter is in high fashion in NYC. Once the clothes are designed they are sent to factories all over the world for mass production by basically slave labor. All of her friends are the ones who believe in equal this and equal that but I become non-existent when I bring up the fact that even in NYC there exists sweat shops that make the cloths they design.
    There seems to be a way of life some folks get into... not sure what to call it... denial comes to mind:

    They live in a high emotion world (have to stay 'up', not in a positive business sense, rather in an almost drug induced high sense... I suspect some of them actually do use drugs, most probably do not). Anyhow, the high is characterized by being plugged into the latest trends; social, political, business, etc. These folks seem to never think through the facts, the do not know what really goes on, and they seem to not want to know. They just live on that high, supported by their friends who are on that high also. Seems literally anything that argues with the high is to be ignored and run from...
    It also appears some of them end up running from themselves... which we know is not healthy behavior.

    I guess that 'high' feels good to some folks... from where I look at it--it sure looks more self-destructive than the feel good it produces.

    Note; not picking on your daughter... just using your paragraph to describe a strange behavior I see folks live.
    GA-HVAC-Tech

    Quality work at a fair price with excellent customer service!

    Romans Ch's 5-6-7-8

    2 Chronicles 7:14

  9. #9
    Join Date
    Feb 2009
    Location
    Canada
    Posts
    6,876
    Quote Originally Posted by DeltaT View Post
    I've been too busy in your neck of the woods having fun, and I just got back from a cruise to Mexico; and I've been too busy losing obama supporter customers; and I've been busy with people that hate me cause I talk about the doings and non-doings of obama.

    There was an old joke about you know who your friends are when you get bit by a rattle snake on the butt and need the poison out. Well, the obama thing has separated the winners from the losers in my life, especially lately. And I'm glad. Not compaining at all. Friends don't let friends destruct the United States of America.

    What I find ironic is my daughter is in high fashion in NYC. Once the clothes are designed they are sent to factories all over the world for mass production by basically slave labor. All of her friends are the ones who believe in equal this and equal that but I become non-existent when I bring up the fact that even in NYC there exists sweat shops that make the cloths they design.
    Kind of funny labeled a liberal here, have a sister and her kids who really are the type. Into protests and against the corporate culture people should be more organic (and other crap) and yet they have no problem flying off to some other city for a vacation. So yeak, I do know the kind of people you shake your head at.
    Never argue with a fool, onlookers may not be able to tell the difference. —Mark Twain

  10. #10
    Join Date
    Aug 2004
    Location
    S.E. Pa
    Posts
    6,137
    Quote Originally Posted by exreo View Post
    But unfortunately Mr. Romney was part of the group of capitalist that have sent 10 million to 20 million middle class manufacturing jobs to China and Mexico over the past 20 years. It makes me wonder if a Karl Rove anointed establishment republican can ever win the white house again.

    spoken like a true Marxist. Of course, it was those same evil capitalist that built just about every danged thing you own and enjoy dude. How many jobs and entire businesses has Obama facilitated going offshore? Tons. So, ask yourself why would a company that is trying to earn a profit pack up and move offshore rather than stay here? are there strategic resources located over there? Better distribution? No--labor, regulation and taxation. If you want to keep jobs in the US, fix these root causes.

  11. #11
    Join Date
    Sep 2005
    Location
    Atlanta GA area
    Posts
    20,864
    Problem is... If a company is not profitable... it will die anyway. At least some folks kept their jobs when manufacturing went to China...
    Unlike Hostess where EVERYONE lost their jobs.

    I have talked to many folks, they said they just did not vote for POTUS. I guess they did not realize the amount of damage Obama can cause over the next 4 years...

    Just another reason why everyone should not be voting. I will settle for only folks who actually PAY taxes (as in write a check to the IRS) get to vote.
    GA-HVAC-Tech

    Quality work at a fair price with excellent customer service!

    Romans Ch's 5-6-7-8

    2 Chronicles 7:14

  12. #12
    Join Date
    Jun 2012
    Location
    Louisville, KY
    Posts
    141
    Quote Originally Posted by ga-hvac-tech View Post
    Just another reason why everyone should not be voting. I will settle for only folks who actually PAY taxes (as in write a check to the IRS) get to vote.
    +1

  13. #13
    Join Date
    Jun 2006
    Posts
    2,265
    Quote Originally Posted by ga-hvac-tech View Post
    Problem is... If a company is not profitable... it will die anyway. At least some folks kept their jobs when manufacturing went to China...
    Unlike Hostess where EVERYONE lost their jobs.

    I have talked to many folks, they said they just did not vote for POTUS. I guess they did not realize the amount of damage Obama can cause over the next 4 years...







    Just another reason why everyone should not be voting. I will settle for only folks who actually PAY taxes (as in write a check to the IRS) get to vote.
    Sorry GA, doesn't work that way here in the US of A and isn't about to change.

    Perhaps your time would be better spent thinking about what your party actually needs to change in order have a CHANCE to win a presidential election instead of harping on some point that is never going to happen.

Page 1 of 6 123456 LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  
Comfortech Show Promo Image

Related Forums

Plumbing Talks | Contractor Magazine
Forums | Electrical Construction & Maintenance (EC&M) Magazine
Comfortech365 Virtual Event