Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

China and Japan, could come to armed conflict, SOON

http://www.theglobeandmail.com/news/...rticle5904643/

It seems China is in the mood to flex her muscles in the South China sea.

China has been building their military for some time now. China just launched their first aircraft carrier.

Now China is in the mood to claim the entire south pacific as there territory.

This could get ugly fast. Of course, it didn't help that Obama was ignored at the Summit in Cambodia last month.

Proving once again, that Obama is making America irrelevant in world affairs
    The Last four letters

American = I Can, Republican = I Can, Democrats = Rats

any questions

I think America becoming a litlle bit more "irrlevant" would save us alot of money and lives. Most of what we do just gets us a reputation for meddling or being biased, and even more enemies, if thats even possible any more.

Being involved? OK.

World police? NO.

China has much to be bitter about...the Japanese kicked their arss in the past and were absolutely brutal. They have not forgotten the rape of Nanking.
    Just as the Jews have not forgotten about the Holocaust.

In any case, the Japanese are tough and will defend themselves...we just need to supply them with the tools....might be good for our war based economy.

Big war ships can be sunk easily with radar evading missiles launched from land or small boats. Example - French exocet missile and the HMS Sheffield in the Falkland war.

BAM!...there goes several hundred million dollars!
    " Kill a Commie for Mommy! "

- Colonel David Hackworth (1930-2005), Korean War Vet

I am surprised it has not come to a head yet. It's been brewing for months now.
    If a nation expects to be ignorant and free, in a state of civilization, it expects what will never be. (Thomas Jefferson 1816)

Ought to be good watching them on tv blowing each other up.

Quote Originally Posted by coolwhip View Post
    China has much to be bitter about...the Japanese kicked their arss in the past and were absolutely brutal. They have not forgotten the rape of Nanking.
    Just as the Jews have not forgotten about the Holocaust.

In any case, the Japanese are tough and will defend themselves...we just need to supply them with the tools....might be good for our war based economy.

Big war ships can be sunk easily with radar evading missiles launched from land or small boats. Example - French exocet missile and the HMS Sheffield in the Falkland war.

BAM!...there goes several hundred million dollars!
    not really, the British didn't have the Aegis Combat System. almost every major battle group in the U.S. Navy has the Aegis system.

The British also did not have the Phalanx CIWS (Close In Weapons System)

which we ('merica) sold to Japan's Navy a long time ago. So the Japanese Navy is fairly well protected.

These systems not only work, they work astonishingly well
    The Last four letters

any questions

I would like to see how a squadron of F-22s (which we have stationed there) would stand up to all that a Chinese carrier could throw at them.

One F-22 can take out five F-16s without one getting off a shot.

The Chinese have never really had a navy before, so I would question their competence in a SHTF situation.

The Chinese have never really had a navy before, so I would question their competence in a SHTF situation.
    underestimating the enemy is a sure way to be defeated. make no mistake, the Chinese are a formidable enemy.
    The Last four letters

any questions

Formidable in the sense that there is a billion of them or so. Human waves don't work anymore though, as we have mini guns, vulcan cannons and cluster bombs for this.

In the Korean war, our GI's couldn't shoot fast enough and would urinate on their machine guns to cool off the barrels.

The Chinese were not good strategists or even good warriors. The Japanese and the Mongols kicked their a$$ all the time...thats why they built that ridiculous wall.

One billion man army is a pile of burning flesh after the nukes go off.

Formidable in the sense that there is a billion of them or so. Human waves don't work anymore though, as we have mini guns, vulcan cannons and cluster bombs for this.

In the Korean war, our GI's couldn't shoot fast enough and would urinate on their machine guns to cool off the barrels.

The Chinese were not good strategists or even good warriors. The Japanese and the Mongols kicked their a$$ all the time...thats why they built that ridiculous wall.
    Anybody here familiar w/Sun Tzu? He was Chinese I believe.
    WHY?

It's saber rattling. They been pissed off at each other for 100 years. Nothing is gonna happen, too much to lose. China wants oil, plain and simple
    I like DIY'ers. They pay better to fix.

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast