Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by tarheel_tech View Post
    I was looking the other day and I saw that they are now making the big house tool bag again. If I have a break down with mine ,prob try this bag out.
    you gots a link to that bad boy?
    If Guns Kill People, Do Pencils Misspell Words?

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=An2a1...eature=related

Before we work on artificial intelligence why don't we do something about natural stupidity?

Quote Originally Posted by beachtech View Post
    you gots a link to that bad boy?

http://www.duluthtrading.com/store/m...lts/22201.aspx

Ask and you shall receive bro.
    Look to the past to learn;look forward to live.

Coach Dean E. Smith

Quote Originally Posted by tarheel_tech View Post
    Looks good except for no waterproof bottom and the handle and strap connections look typical.
    My Veto LT-XL zippers died (which I loved) but they don't make it anymore so haven't bothered calling them
    I have a LC and XL and I can't adjust back.
    “If You Can Dodge A Wrench You Can Dodge A Ball”

I had warranty issues the last time I had my Veto bag fail. I got a call and was told it wasn't going to be covered because there was obviously something I was doing to cause the damage (Zippers stopped working). I had to argue a bit to get her to agree to hold up their warranty.

Two days after getting the new bag, the zippers were again separating and failing. I used the bag until it wouldn't stay closed anymore threw it in the basement. I switched over to the Husky tool bags at Home Depot. Same 5 year warranty, I can exchange it in the store same day, no arguing over warranty, etc. And the bag only cost me $50 and ended up being much more useful than the Veto was. I've had this bag for a year now, no zipper failurs, no nothing going wrong with it. Has served me extremely well so far.

Quote Originally Posted by Eaallred View Post
    I had warranty issues the last time I had my Veto bag fail. I got a call and was told it wasn't going to be covered because there was obviously something I was doing to cause the damage (Zippers stopped working). I had to argue a bit to get her to agree to hold up their warranty.

Two days after getting the new bag, the zippers were again separating and failing. I used the bag until it wouldn't stay closed anymore threw it in the basement. I switched over to the Husky tool bags at Home Depot. Same 5 year warranty, I can exchange it in the store same day, no arguing over warranty, etc. And the bag only cost me $50 and ended up being much more useful than the Veto was. I've had this bag for a year now, no zipper failurs, no nothing going wrong with it. Has served me extremely well so far.
    Wow! I have about 5 or so Veto bags of differnet types and haven't had any major issues. I only had a clip on the shoulder strap spring came loose. You might as well have them send you a new one and sell it since its still underwarranty. They use YKK zipper which are used on everything,

Quote Originally Posted by Nytefog View Post
    Wow! I have about 5 or so Veto bags of differnet types and haven't had any major issues. I only had a clip on the shoulder strap spring came loose. You might as well have them send you a new one and sell it since its still underwarranty. They use YKK zipper which are used on everything,
    YKK makes a lot of different grades of zippers. Veto does not appear to be using the highest quality one, although they have no qualms about having the highest priced bags. They should rethink their attitude about their customers, I know of no professionals who intentionally abuse their tools. They don't seem to know their customers.

Was about to purchase but now I'm going with Klein. Thanks guys!

Quote Originally Posted by ZZZRSC View Post
    YKK makes a lot of different grades of zippers. Veto does not appear to be using the highest quality one, although they have no qualms about having the highest priced bags. They should rethink their attitude about their customers, I know of no professionals who intentionally abuse their tools. They don't seem to know their customers.
    X2
    The new bags aren't as tough as the old ones.

Quote Originally Posted by Kimball View Post
    Was about to purchase but now I'm going with Klein. Thanks guys!

Which one? Also an above post mentioned a Husky bag and am wondering which one. I think the first one below would way a ton and not hold long tools when zipped shut. The second may work. I have been trying to find an alternative to the Veto everyone raves about because every guy I work with that uses one groans every time they pick it up.

http://www.homedepot.com/h_d1/N-5yc1...1#.URMTzaXm7Sc

http://www.homedepot.com/h_d1/N-5yc1...1#.URMT76Xm7Sc

husky sucks. most of the techs at my shop uses veto. I like the idea that I could zip it up when it snow or rain. until someone else make a ziped up bag with hard plastic bottom, I'm sticking with my veto. It's gonna be about a year old next summer.
    Parts Changer Extraordinaire
    ------------------------------------------------------
    Have tools and gauges, will travel.

RIDGID|YELLOW JACKET|UEI|TESTO|STANLEY|CPS|VETO| KLEIN|MILWAUKEE|MASTERCRAFT|

Quote Originally Posted by blitz View Post
    husky sucks. most of the techs at my shop uses veto. I like the idea that I could zip it up when it snow or rain. until someone else make a ziped up bag with hard plastic bottom, I'm sticking with my veto. It's gonna be about a year old next summer.
    Why do you say that though? They seem to have everything to offer, protection from the elements and at a decent price. Still waiting for a reply from the guys supporting them and the Klein. One bad thing I see about the Klein is you would look like a college kid walking in. First impressions and all. Veto should be made here for that price...

http://www.service.kleintools.com/To...oduct/55421-BP

Quote Originally Posted by red70cat View Post
    Why do you say that though? They seem to have everything to offer, protection from the elements and at a decent price. Still waiting for a reply from the guys supporting them and the Klein. One bad thing I see about the Klein is you would look like a college kid walking in. First impressions and all. Veto should be made here for that price...

http://www.service.kleintools.com/To...oduct/55421-BP
    I've used husky through out until I tried out veto bag. my husky always always broke at the bottom of the side tool pouch, and at where the shoulder strap loops are. my veto has been subjected to the same abuse and the same weight (if not more) and it holds up fine so far. Got some stitches start to unravel, but that's because I drag it up and down the side of buildings.
    Parts Changer Extraordinaire
    ------------------------------------------------------
    Have tools and gauges, will travel.

RIDGID|YELLOW JACKET|UEI|TESTO|STANLEY|CPS|VETO| KLEIN|MILWAUKEE|MASTERCRAFT|

I think I'll look into this farther.

http://www.duluthtrading.com/store/m...r-header-22201

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast