+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Veto pro pac lc warranty

Post Likes

Veto pro pac lc warranty

I sent in my Veto last week, and got my zero down time replacement in the mail with no problems, like I have done in the past when I had zipper issues. Only this time Roger from Veto called me. I got the call, answered hello. He said this is Roger. Im like roger who? He said from Veto, then it clicked. He proceeded to tell me he has some issues with the bag a sent in, he could not tell from the picture what was going on with the zippers I had mentioned, and he brought up some red silicone on my bag ( fire caulk ) from a heat exchanger replacement had gotten on the zipper. He proceeded to tell me that would not be covered. I told him that I'm very confused and upset your bringing up something that I didn't even tell you about as being part of the problem. I said that stitching was coming undone on one, and the second one would not move. It seemed like he was trying to get out of that warranty at first because he would not give up on talking about the fire caulk. The fire caulk was not on any spot that I was having issues with or complained about. I felt like he was rude, and or called me at the end of the day when he was all p'd off. You fill out a warranty registration card, and speak with a secretary about the issue your having, so being asked all the same questions all over again is irritating, such as why it was sent in, where did I buy it from, did I register it, what profession are you in ? The biggest issue I had was him telling me he could not see whats wrong from a picture, and then insinuating that I burned me shoulder strap. I never burned that bag or shoulder strap. How is someone gonna be able to relate with you looking at a photo to see what mechanically is not working? Thats like someone taking a picture of a furnace and asking us whats wrong and we reply not sure till I take a look at it in person. Im happy I'm at least getting my bag repaired but the customer service sucks, especially when companies try to get out of the warranty with bogus claims from a picture, and not benefit of the doubt.

Post Likes
    Maybe he was having a bad day. That's no excuse for the poor customer service. I will say Ive had excellent service when I had a warranty issue. I didn't send my old bag back to them for almost 2 months after I received my replacement and the woman I spoke with was very understanding. Just my two cents...
    Chaos equals cash$$$

Post Likes
    All my Veto's have a few bad zippers. I think that they get damaged from being tossed around with 35 lb's of stuff in them. I havent found a better bag yet and I don't have the time to spend playing tag with a warranty dept. The pockets are so tight who really needs a zipper?
    "I aint going to spit on 30 years of my life" Monte Walsh

Post Likes
    I had an issue with the XL that I own,and got some slack about getting it replaced when the zipper broke. When I mouthed off about it up here,Roger said that I was not tell an accerate story. When I infact did give the accurate story and barked back,he called me the next day and appologized and I got my bag replaced. He evidently got on his secratary,because she sent me several kinda crappy emails.I just decided to be the better person and not even respond. I still like the product and have bought other bags,just the next time I am going to Roger right to begin with.
    Look to the past to learn;look forward to live.

Coach Dean E. Smith

Post Likes
    Funny thing how today I got phone call from Jill. Jill said she had been gone a couple days, and Roger started getting in touch with warranty calls. She also said this is more her area of expertise. At first he said he was gonna repair the bag, but then today said he would just let me keep the new loaner bag. I'm a happy camper now, I just wish we would have gotten off on the right foot to begin with.

Post Likes
    Quote Originally Posted by JTCHVAC View Post
    I sent in my Veto last week, and got my zero down time replacement in the mail with no problems, like I have done in the past when I had zipper issues. Only this time Roger from Veto called me. I got the call, answered hello. He said this is Roger. Im like roger who? He said from Veto, then it clicked. He proceeded to tell me he has some issues with the bag a sent in, he could not tell from the picture what was going on with the zippers I had mentioned, and he brought up some red silicone on my bag ( fire caulk ) from a heat exchanger replacement had gotten on the zipper. He proceeded to tell me that would not be covered. I told him that I'm very confused and upset your bringing up something that I didn't even tell you about as being part of the problem. I said that stitching was coming undone on one, and the second one would not move. It seemed like he was trying to get out of that warranty at first because he would not give up on talking about the fire caulk. The fire caulk was not on any spot that I was having issues with or complained about. I felt like he was rude, and or called me at the end of the day when he was all p'd off. You fill out a warranty registration card, and speak with a secretary about the issue your having, so being asked all the same questions all over again is irritating, such as why it was sent in, where did I buy it from, did I register it, what profession are you in ? The biggest issue I had was him telling me he could not see whats wrong from a picture, and then insinuating that I burned me shoulder strap. I never burned that bag or shoulder strap. How is someone gonna be able to relate with you looking at a photo to see what mechanically is not working? Thats like someone taking a picture of a furnace and asking us whats wrong and we reply not sure till I take a look at it in person. Im happy I'm at least getting my bag repaired but the customer service sucks, especially when companies try to get out of the warranty with bogus claims from a picture, and not benefit of the doubt.

Very odd. I've had ZERO problems with my LC, even tho I try every day to destroy it. I bought the MB and the belt loop gave out almost immediately. When I went after the warranty on the MB, I too got a call directly from Roger. His only concern in my case was how can he improve his product. It was VERY impressive to me to find that Digi-Cool and BluVac are not alone in taking pride in what they do. My guess is Roger maybe should have that first cup of coffee before getting on the phone.
    The views and opinions posted here are my own. They do not reflect the corporate policies of my employer and will most likely get me fired at some point.

Orange County, in a Galaxy far far away...
    Post Likes
    I've had my veto almost 10months and its taken a daily beating, shoulder strap is on the verge of breaking and the outer pockets have worn through, my jumper leads now hang out for all to see...
    Will be using the warranty soon, will let you peeps know what happens.

Post Likes
    Quote Originally Posted by Lightning_Boy View Post
    I've had my veto almost 10months and its taken a daily beating, shoulder strap is on the verge of breaking and the outer pockets have worn through, my jumper leads now hang out for all to see...
    Will be using the warranty soon, will let you peeps know what happens.
    I am curious to hear how your claim goes. My pockets are also worn through probably from going up and down the side of buildings. I think they may consider this abuse. Wish they would make the bag so that when you drag up the side of the building only the hard plastic comes in contact so as not to rub through the pockets.
    You need to put the phone down and get back to work!

Post Likes
    Quote Originally Posted by engineerdave View Post
    Very odd. I've had ZERO problems with my LC, even tho I try every day to destroy it. I bought the MB and the belt loop gave out almost immediately. When I went after the warranty on the MB, I too got a call directly from Roger. His only concern in my case was how can he improve his product. It was VERY impressive to me to find that Digi-Cool and BluVac are not alone in taking pride in what they do. My guess is Roger maybe should have that first cup of coffee before getting on the phone.
    Thats funny because i have just had the same issue with my MB bag as well! I own 8 Veto bags and the only problems i've had is with a few shoulder strap losing the springs from the clips that hold the strap to the d-rings on the bag. The MB belt loop is not as heavy duty as the TP3's is. I'm sure that veto will take care of this problem for me and any other that has and issue.

Post Likes
    Every time I've had an issue with one of my veto bags, it was a major challenge to get the issue resolved.

I am not purchasing their product anymore, and will not in the future.

I can get my job done with other bags that are built just as tough and are actually lighter and more versatile.

Anyone else noticed the veto has cheaped out on the interior pockets of their bags? I sent off my XL bag with a major zipper issue, and the replacement has cheaper zippers and shallow pockets (now the tools at I put in the top pockets lean outward and block my view and accessibility to the tools in the lower pockets) I haven't used the replacement XL they sent me. And more than likely i won't ever use it. Maybe one day it'll be an ebay item and it will quite taking up space in my house.
    If Guns Kill People, Do Pencils Misspell Words?

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=An2a1...eature=related

Before we work on artificial intelligence why don't we do something about natural stupidity?

Post Likes
    Also new to the warranty program, if you want a zero down time, you have to fork over a credit card for them to put a hold on until the claim is finished. My last warranty claim took them over three months to resolve...

Before we work on artificial intelligence why don't we do something about natural stupidity?

Post Likes
    I was looking the other day and I saw that they are now making the big house tool bag again. If I have a break down with mine ,prob try this bag out.

Coach Dean E. Smith

Post Likes
    Warranty has been good to me. Made my last claim with one day left on the 5 year warranty.

Will be looking forward to see what the backpack looks like.

Post Likes
    Quote Originally Posted by tarheel_tech View Post
    I was looking the other day and I saw that they are now making the big house tool bag again. If I have a break down with mine ,prob try this bag out.
    you gots a link to that bad boy?

Post Likes
    Quote Originally Posted by beachtech View Post
    you gots a link to that bad boy?

http://www.duluthtrading.com/store/m...lts/22201.aspx

Ask and you shall receive bro.

Coach Dean E. Smith

Post Likes
    Quote Originally Posted by tarheel_tech View Post
    Looks good except for no waterproof bottom and the handle and strap connections look typical.
    My Veto LT-XL zippers died (which I loved) but they don't make it anymore so haven't bothered calling them
    I have a LC and XL and I can't adjust back.
    “If You Can Dodge A Wrench You Can Dodge A Ball”

Post Likes
    I had warranty issues the last time I had my Veto bag fail. I got a call and was told it wasn't going to be covered because there was obviously something I was doing to cause the damage (Zippers stopped working). I had to argue a bit to get her to agree to hold up their warranty.

Two days after getting the new bag, the zippers were again separating and failing. I used the bag until it wouldn't stay closed anymore threw it in the basement. I switched over to the Husky tool bags at Home Depot. Same 5 year warranty, I can exchange it in the store same day, no arguing over warranty, etc. And the bag only cost me $50 and ended up being much more useful than the Veto was. I've had this bag for a year now, no zipper failurs, no nothing going wrong with it. Has served me extremely well so far.

Post Likes
    Quote Originally Posted by Eaallred View Post
    I had warranty issues the last time I had my Veto bag fail. I got a call and was told it wasn't going to be covered because there was obviously something I was doing to cause the damage (Zippers stopped working). I had to argue a bit to get her to agree to hold up their warranty.

Two days after getting the new bag, the zippers were again separating and failing. I used the bag until it wouldn't stay closed anymore threw it in the basement. I switched over to the Husky tool bags at Home Depot. Same 5 year warranty, I can exchange it in the store same day, no arguing over warranty, etc. And the bag only cost me $50 and ended up being much more useful than the Veto was. I've had this bag for a year now, no zipper failurs, no nothing going wrong with it. Has served me extremely well so far.
    Wow! I have about 5 or so Veto bags of differnet types and haven't had any major issues. I only had a clip on the shoulder strap spring came loose. You might as well have them send you a new one and sell it since its still underwarranty. They use YKK zipper which are used on everything,

Post Likes
    Quote Originally Posted by Nytefog View Post
    Wow! I have about 5 or so Veto bags of differnet types and haven't had any major issues. I only had a clip on the shoulder strap spring came loose. You might as well have them send you a new one and sell it since its still underwarranty. They use YKK zipper which are used on everything,
    YKK makes a lot of different grades of zippers. Veto does not appear to be using the highest quality one, although they have no qualms about having the highest priced bags. They should rethink their attitude about their customers, I know of no professionals who intentionally abuse their tools. They don't seem to know their customers.

Post Likes
    Was about to purchase but now I'm going with Klein. Thanks guys!

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Quick Reply Quick Reply

Register Now

Please enter the name by which you would like to log-in and be known on this site.

Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Log-in