Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast
Results 27 to 39 of 52
  1. #27
    Join Date
    May 2007
    Location
    Central NJ Area
    Posts
    837
    Quote Originally Posted by red70cat View Post
    I think I'll look into this farther.

    http://www.duluthtrading.com/store/m...r-header-22201

    That does look like a useful setup. If you get it would you please post pictures of the actual bag not drawing? I would appreciate it.

  2. #28
    Join Date
    May 2002
    Location
    Baton Rouge, Louisiana
    Posts
    3,925
    Quote Originally Posted by red70cat View Post
    Why do you say that though? They seem to have everything to offer, protection from the elements and at a decent price. Still waiting for a reply from the guys supporting them and the Klein. One bad thing I see about the Klein is you would look like a college kid walking in. First impressions and all. Veto should be made here for that price...


    http://www.service.kleintools.com/To...oduct/55421-BP
    Actually I had the pleasure of meeting of Robert at the AHR expo. I explained to him how big an anti-Veto guy I was because of all the talk here on the site about how great they were, etc but I bought one a few months back after getting the chance to check out a coworkers who also posts here. I also explained to him how for the price they should be made in the USA and how many guys here complain about it and would rather support other American workers.

    Unfortunately, Roger explained to me, that no one is tooled up to make the components here so that the bags can be made here. In going from a manufacturing society to a service society no one really has the active machinery for max production. Roger is actively seeking people to make the components for the bags and shared a few stories about the zippers and riveting that he was looking to get done and was told by the companies he checked out there was no way they could do it with the machinery they have. He did say though that he has found somone that believes they can mold the bottoms here in the US for the bags but is going to check the company's samples out within the next month I believe. Its one thing to read an ad, etc., but Roger seems to be a guy thats worked hard all his life and was extremely sincere so be aware that he knows of our complaint and hes actively looking for manufacturers here.
    Quote Originally Posted by MatrixTransform View Post
    very soon it is you that will be pwned

  3. #29
    Join Date
    Feb 2008
    Location
    Waffleville
    Posts
    10,339
    I've got a LT-XL in new condition that i'll sell you.


    I have been done with VETO since they tried to pull the warranty BS with me since the very first failure i had with them.

    I'd had rather buy a dozen cheapos from the box a year than spend another dollar on a VETO

    P.S. i don't care where it's made
    If Guns Kill People, Do Pencils Misspell Words?

    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=An2a1...eature=related

    Before we work on artificial intelligence why don't we do something about natural stupidity?

  4. #30
    Join Date
    Mar 2007
    Location
    wedged in freezer shelf
    Posts
    6,978
    BT You sound upset. Maybe you would consider paying me to take it off your hands. Is a courtesy if you want to pay for shipping I will step up to the plate and accept it so you can move on from the whole horrible experience
    I need a working LT-XL since my zippers busted and they don't make them anymore.
    “If You Can Dodge A Wrench You Can Dodge A Ball”

  5. #31
    Join Date
    Jun 2010
    Location
    SE Michigan
    Posts
    17
    Quote Originally Posted by Nytefog View Post
    That does look like a useful setup. If you get it would you please post pictures of the actual bag not drawing? I would appreciate it.
    The lack of real pics is holding me up. I did a google images search and received disappointing results. I'm now thinking it may be another bag that will be too tempting to overload. I did have the husky 18" in my possession and got scared at how heavy I would make it.
    If others think I am hijacking a thread, maybe I should start a new one.
    If I do buy it, I promise to post pics of it loaded up. Really need to commit to a bag, but I am one of those people who put way too much effort into every decision...

  6. #32
    Join Date
    May 2007
    Location
    Central NJ Area
    Posts
    837
    Quote Originally Posted by red70cat View Post
    The lack of real pics is holding me up. I did a google images search and received disappointing results. I'm now thinking it may be another bag that will be too tempting to overload. I did have the husky 18" in my possession and got scared at how heavy I would make it.
    If others think I am hijacking a thread, maybe I should start a new one.
    If I do buy it, I promise to post pics of it loaded up. Really need to commit to a bag, but I am one of those people who put way too much effort into every decision...
    I have commitment issues with all of my tool bags. I have so many and they all have tools in them. I literally have at least 3 full sets of tools for service and one for oil maintenance. I also have 2-3 small diagnostic bags. I have a pelican with DMM, insulation tester, test leads, temp probes, manometers, ect.. I can't stop...i'm addicted!! I have some many tools that i forget what i have...i find a tool later and get so pissed off because i would have been useful if i had remembered i had bought. Over loading tool bags... its something i can't stop from doing. I always find a way to neatly cram everything in to any size bag.

  7. #33
    Join Date
    Feb 2010
    Location
    In a boiler room
    Posts
    7,159
    Quote Originally Posted by Lightning_Boy View Post
    I've had my veto almost 10months and its taken a daily beating, shoulder strap is on the verge of breaking and the outer pockets have worn through, my jumper leads now hang out for all to see...
    Will be using the warranty soon, will let you peeps know what happens.
    Did you end up trying out the warranty dept?

    I am in the middle of a frustrating warranty ordeal with the Veto people. Will post full details once it gets resolved.

  8. #34
    Quote Originally Posted by chuckcrj View Post
    Did you end up trying out the warranty dept?

    I am in the middle of a frustrating warranty ordeal with the Veto people. Will post full details once it gets resolved.
    Chuck, what is the appeal of of the Veto products?
    Everyone that I have read people rave about is available in a similar configuration ((not diff enough to make a diff) at Lowes and HD for less. Seem well made too.

    Please tell me what i am not getting here.

  9. #35
    Join Date
    Feb 2010
    Location
    In a boiler room
    Posts
    7,159
    Quote Originally Posted by hvac5646 View Post
    Chuck, what is the appeal of of the Veto products?
    Everyone that I have read people rave about is available in a similar configuration ((not diff enough to make a diff) at Lowes and HD for less. Seem well made too.

    Please tell me what i am not getting here.
    Please give me a link to a bag with a similar configuration, I have not found one after years of looking and buying tool bags.

    The main advantages;
    1. Enclosed to keep rain, snow etc off my tools
    2. Water proof hard bottom
    3. As close to a perfect pocket setup as I have ever seen.

    Once you try one you will understand, until then................................

  10. #36
    Quote Originally Posted by chuckcrj View Post
    Please give me a link to a bag with a similar configuration, I have not found one after years of looking and buying tool bags.

    The main advantages;
    1. Enclosed to keep rain, snow etc off my tools
    2. Water proof hard bottom
    3. As close to a perfect pocket setup as I have ever seen.

    Once you try one you will understand, until then................................
    Have you looked at Lowes or Hd?

    I asked you cause I did not know what the attraction was.
    All the bags i saw at HD and Loews had good pocket set up and zippered to protect the tools.

  11. #37
    Join Date
    Feb 2010
    Location
    In a boiler room
    Posts
    7,159
    Quote Originally Posted by hvac5646 View Post
    Have you looked at Lowes or Hd?

    I asked you cause I did not know what the attraction was.
    All the bags i saw at HD and Loews had good pocket set up and zippered to protect the tools.
    Yes I have.

  12. #38
    Quote Originally Posted by chuckcrj View Post
    Yes I have.
    C'mon gimme some facts here. If you didn't see any bags that closely resembled Veto products than you didn't see the the same bags I did.

    What is the value of the Veto over these bags?

  13. #39
    Join Date
    Mar 2007
    Location
    wedged in freezer shelf
    Posts
    6,978
    Haven't seen one yet that compares
    That being said I contacted them a while ago about mine with busted zippers and no love.
    Will have to get back with them and see what the deal is. Are they going outta buiz or something?
    “If You Can Dodge A Wrench You Can Dodge A Ball”

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  
Comfortech Show Promo Image

Related Forums

Plumbing Talks | Contractor Magazine
Forums | Electrical Construction & Maintenance (EC&M) Magazine
Comfortech365 Virtual Event