Page 6 of 6 FirstFirst 123456
    Quote Originally Posted by glennac View Post
    Corny lives in East Tennessee but was not born there nor does he belong there. He needs to live and stay in a large urban center and definitely not in the rural South. Thank you, thank you very much
    I thought east Tennessee was a very conservative area with a lot of good churches and church schools. But maybe Corny happens to live in a small east Tennesse hillbilly town? Is Knoxville considered East Tennessee? Kingsport looks like a nice city there tucked in the far NE corner of TN. But, it doesn't look like a bastion of liberalism to me. Unless maybe everybody is drawing a government check and making moonshine to supplement their income?

Quote Originally Posted by ga-hvac-tech View Post
    Well... they say all is fair in love and war... however neither applies her. OK, my bad. I will apologize and stop the escalation. This time... <grin>
    Well, looks like the contact dodge is one you wont be able to hide behnd anymore.

"I thought I saw a gun".... plausible

" I was going to turn myself in a day or so later but they found me and arrested me before I had a chance"..... not gonna fly with even a jury of ultra conservatives.
    "I believe this is a sovereign state of Nevada, I abide by all of Nevada state laws. But I don't recognize the United States government as even existing."

Cliven Bundy.... Patriot ???

While I can relate to the "flight" response of the moment, I can't relate to not turning myself in after a period of time after removing myself from the situation.

It does not bod well for his case IMHO.
    If a nation expects to be ignorant and free, in a state of civilization, it expects what will never be. (Thomas Jefferson 1816)

Quote Originally Posted by Gib's Son View Post
    While I can relate to the "flight" response of the moment, I can't relate to not turning myself in after a period of time after removing myself from the situation.

It does not bod well for his case IMHO.
    That may be true but look at it this way. The guy already knew he was screwed. I mean with apparently no other witnesses other than the obnoxiousness street punks who were jamming their music from hell at a ear piercing volume saying we were choir boys and had no shotgun and would never would do such a thing.

Also he is the wrong color to plead his case because of the extreme PC press and brainwashed public. They will try to hang him automatically because he is a White guy shooting a Black. He has to prove he is innocent beyond all doubt of any kind and that is impossible here. That is just how its been going down for the last 40+ years or so and all but the liberals and PC conservatives know this.

I'm not saying he is innocent beyond a shadow of a doubt and because of that and the circumstances he will be found guilty and hung in front a cheering mob packed courtroom. He should have never left the scene and made sure the "shotgun" was confiscated by the police, then he might have had a prayer. Thank you, thank you very much
    "I could have ended the war in a month. I could have made North Vietnam look like a mud puddle."
    "I have little interest in streamlining government or in making it more efficient, for I mean to reduce its size. I do not undertake to promote welfare, for I propose to extend freedom. My aim is not to pass laws, but to repeal them."
    Barry Goldwater

Quote Originally Posted by glennac View Post
    He should have never left the scene and made sure the "shotgun" was confiscated by the police, then he might have had a prayer.

Correct, he should not have, but he did. That is going to hurt him, well, that and he did not turn himself in a reasonable amount of time. Again, not being in his shoes I have no idea what I would have done or would do. I guess I can just empathize with the flight response to get the heck out of Dodge.
    If a nation expects to be ignorant and free, in a state of civilization, it expects what will never be. (Thomas Jefferson 1816)

Quote Originally Posted by Gib's Son View Post
    Correct, he should not have, but he did. That is going to hurt him, well, that and he did not turn himself in a reasonable amount of time. Again, not being in his shoes I have no idea what I would have done or would do. I guess I can just empathize with the flight response to get the heck out of Dodge.
    it's very simple, if someone threatens you with a shotgun, you shoot them and secure the area and call police immediately. you must be your own defense here.

If you run, you just gave the kid(s) time to dispose of the weapon. You now have no legal ground to stand on.

This guy screwed himself six-ways-from-Sunday.

As far as the law is concerned, this guy shot an unarmed kid. Done deal, good by
    "Arguing with liberals...it's like playing chess with a pigeon; no matter how good I am at chess, the pigeon is just going to knock over the pieces, crap on the board and strut around like it's victorious." -- Anonymous

Quote Originally Posted by jmac00 View Post
    it's very simple, if someone threatens you with a shotgun, you shoot them and secure the area and call police immediately. you must be your own defense here.

If you run, you just gave the kid(s) time to dispose of the weapon. You now have no legal ground to stand on.

This guy screwed himself six-ways-from-Sunday.

As far as the law is concerned, this guy shot an unarmed kid. Done deal, good by
    Seems to be a correct interpretation of the legal issues.

Quote Originally Posted by corny View Post
    Just tossing this one out there because its become boring in here.

http://www.jacksonsun.com/viewart/20...news%7Ctext%7C

Looks like this nut is going to try the stand your ground defense....

Probably drunk.....seeks a confrontation.....kills a young man and runs like hell......

I say murder....

Id say this guy is going to jail for a long time..... perhaps 6 to 8 years.
    I think this has been addressed before in a culturally sensitive PC way:

You prolly notice I like music on the weekends a bit.
    "You boys are really making this thing harder than it has to be". Me

"Who ARE you people? And WHAT are you doing in my SWAMP!?" Shrek

Service calls submitted after 3PM will be posted the next business day.

I give free estimates [Wild Ass Guesses] over the phone.

"Ain't nobody got time for that". Corny

Wish they would release the police reports and interviews...... Id say there were witnesses.... someone wrote down the license plate to michael dunns car.... thats how they found out who he was and were able to arrest him.

As for the shotgun..... If there was one..... its probably too late now.... as Michael Dunn never even mentioned a shotgun to the police after his arrest and only came out with that info after he talked to his lawyer..... which would have given those kids plenty of time to go retrieve it from wherever they stashed it..... and that is if they in fact ever had one.

Scared white man....under the influence of alcohol.... it could have been one of those kids hands on the top of the window that he thought was a shotgun....

Let me tell you what...... If im sitting in a car with a pistol in a glovebox and I see a shotgun come up over the window of the car next to me and I believe Im about to be perforated with buckshot...... Im going to grab the pistol.....but only after I climbed across the seat of the car to the other side of it so that I can protect myself from the blast.

Im not going to merely lean over and grab the gun out of the glovebox, unholster it and turn around to face that shotgun.
    "I believe this is a sovereign state of Nevada, I abide by all of Nevada state laws. But I don't recognize the United States government as even existing."

Wish they would release the police reports and interviews...... Id say there were witnesses.... someone wrote down the license plate to michael dunns car.... thats how they found out who he was and were able to arrest him.

As for the shotgun..... If there was one..... its probably too late now.... as Michael Dunn never even mentioned a shotgun to the police after his arrest and only came out with that info after he talked to his lawyer..... which would have given those kids plenty of time to go retrieve it from wherever they stashed it..... and that is if they in fact ever had one.

Scared white man....under the influence of alcohol.... it could have been one of those kids hands on the top of the window that he thought was a shotgun....

Let me tell you what...... If im sitting in a car with a pistol in a glovebox and I see a shotgun come up over the window of the car next to me and I believe Im about to be perforated with buckshot...... Im going to grab the pistol.....but only after I climbed across the seat of the car to the other side of it so that I can protect myself from the blast.

Im not going to merely lean over and grab the gun out of the glovebox, unholster it and turn around to face that shotgun.
    I have no idea why your not a detective, or work for CSI?

I sure do admire your bravery, sitting behind a computer keyboard
    "Arguing with liberals...it's like playing chess with a pigeon; no matter how good I am at chess, the pigeon is just going to knock over the pieces, crap on the board and strut around like it's victorious." -- Anonymous

Doesnt take much detective work to realize that when someone shoots into a carload of unarmed men and then flees the scene and goes on about his daily business without even contacting the police....... that they are feeling guilty about something....lol

Doesnt take much detective work to realize that if you have time to lean across the car and get a gun out of the glove box....unholster it and then turn around and fire it that your life is not in immediate danger.....

This guys best chance for defense is going to be that he just "snapped"..... americans usually fall for that one.....

"I was sick for several seconds and then I all the sudden got better"

"I forgot all about the shotgun till I talked to my lawyer"

"I was going to turn myself in a couple of days after the incident but the police found me and arrested me first"

If this guy aint guilty of murder he is guilty of one thing...... stupidity......lol

"

If this guy aint guilty of murder he is guilty of one thing...... stupidity......lol

In this case we agree, I also happen to think this numbskull has no legal leg to stand on. He will be going to jail for murder. Has lawyers only job at this point is try and keep the sentence to a minimum.

Page 6 of 6 FirstFirst 123456