Page 4 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast
Results 40 to 52 of 78
  1. #40
    Join Date
    Sep 2005
    Location
    Atlanta GA area
    Posts
    21,286
    Quote Originally Posted by glennac View Post
    Funny you are very different. Where did you get your "statistics"? It sure is a big deal to me if someone blasted my eardrums like that. It is against the law in a lot of big cities to do that. Even in Atlanta you can get arrested for making a noise (radio, boom box, etc.) loud enough to hear it outside of the person listening to it. Thank you very much

    Atlanta noise ordinance.
    1) Excessive noise:
    It shall be unlawful for any person to make, continue or cause to be made or continued any loud or excessive noise which unreasonably interferes with the comfort, response, health and safety of others within the jurisdiction of the city.
    2) Radios, televisions, musical instruments and similar devices.
    a. The operation or playing of any radio, musical instrument or similar device which produces sound on the public right-of-way in such a manner as to be plainly audible to any person other than the player or operator of the device.
    b. The operating or playing of any radio, television, phonograph, musical instrument or similar device which produces or reproduces sound in a manner as to be plainly audible at a distance of 15 meters (50 feet) to any person in a commercial, industrial, residential or noise-sensitive area, multifamily dwelling, motor vehicle or public space.
    This is kinda a side note: On our light rail system and buses... it is illegal to play a radio publicly... one MUST use headphones... and there is a strict noise limit even with head phones.

    I realize kids will be kids... they are kids until they grow up. Problem we have is; nobody is allowed to provide the 'experiences' that foster maturity anymore. We used to have universal military to grow young male kids into men... no more. We used to have situations where kids pulled a stunt like the loud music noted in the OP... someone chewed them out or kicked the speakers in... no more. We used to have respect for others... no more.

    We as a society are failing our kids... by not teaching them to grow up and mature into adults... Does not take a rocket scientist to separate a mature person from a childish person... regardless of age.
    GA-HVAC-Tech

    Quality work at a fair price with excellent customer service!

    Romans Ch's 5-6-7-8

    2 Chronicles 7:14

  2. #41
    Join Date
    Dec 2011
    Location
    North Texas
    Posts
    660
    I asked a cop about noise ordinances once. He told me me that the biggest problem is he has to hear it himself. It didn't matter if there were 20 witnesses, if he didn't hear it he couldn't write the ticket. He said most people just turned their radios or tv down or the engines off as soon as he was spotted. All he could do was read them the riot act.

  3. #42
    Join Date
    May 2006
    Location
    Ft. Worth, TX
    Posts
    1,947
    Quote Originally Posted by jmac00 View Post
    after reading some of this crap I have to roll my eyes.

    It does not matter what the kids where doing when Davis decided to pull his weapon. They where, by ALL ACCOUNTS AND WITNESSES, minding there own business.

    There is only one thing that concerns me, WHY DID DAVIS RUN after the fact?

    IF ( and a big **IF**) there was a shotgun involved, why did he run? The idiot just gave, whoever had the shotgun, time to get rid of it. He should have stood his ground, called police himself and reported the incident.

    But he ran, HUGE, GIGANTIC MISTAKE.

    This guy is going down for murder.

    Now, having said that, I understand where he was coming from. It drives me crazy when I pull into a gas station and some dumb pulls in with there radio blasting crap music, they leave the windows and doors open and walk inside to pay for there gas. I DO NOT WANT TO HEAR IT, it's rude and uncalled for. I would LOVE to walk over there, tear the radio out of the dash and when the jerk comes back, hand it to him and say "here, this was making a terrible noise, I fixed it for you". but, common sense and the ability to drive away take over, besides "they" are not a threat to me, so I shrug my shoulders and go away.
    They weren't just minding their own business. They were being jack@sses like a lot of young black kids are. Why? Because there is no fathering in the black community. 72% of black kids are born to unmarried parents. Where is daddy? Nowhere to be found. That's why all these thugs playing in the NFL and NBA are tatted up to the max. You know why? They get their values from the street--not from their father.

    But I'm not saying all young black men are this way. I knew a black family that lived across the street from a friend in south Ft. Worth. His son played DT for SMU, and he was a great kid. Yes sir, no sir kind of kind. He didn't even speak ebonics and his family was together and quite intact.

  4. #43
    Join Date
    Jan 2006
    Location
    Near Atlanta, GA.
    Posts
    14,540
    Quote Originally Posted by exreo View Post
    I apologize for violating the board rules regarding the N-word. If you knew me, you would know I'm not a racist. But it is very hard to know what somebody is trying to say on an internet forum as you are not able to look them in the eye or see their body language or the tone of their voice. For some reason there is a great deal of paranoia in our culture about using this word. I think it is just exploited by the left for a political power grab. The left couldn't care less about the black community. Even Jessie Jackson, when he didn't think his microphone was on said, "He doesn't like #######".

    But anyway, I submit myself to the moderators of this board. I am just a guest here. I understand that the political powers that be might even try to attack the owners of the site because of said word. I will watch myself, and it will not happen again. Thank you, thank you very much.
    My respects

    Thank you

  5. #44
    Join Date
    Jan 2001
    Posts
    7,862
    Quote Originally Posted by exreo View Post
    They weren't just minding their own business. They were being jack@sses like a lot of young black kids are. Why? Because there is no fathering in the black community. 72% of black kids are born to unmarried parents. Where is daddy? Nowhere to be found. That's why all these thugs playing in the NFL and NBA are tatted up to the max. You know why? They get their values from the street--not from their father.

    But I'm not saying all young black men are this way. I knew a black family that lived across the street from a friend in south Ft. Worth. His son played DT for SMU, and he was a great kid. Yes sir, no sir kind of kind. He didn't even speak ebonics and his family was together and quite intact.
    They were being jackasses like a lot of KIDS do today.....black and white....

    I live in a predominantly white area..... all the riff raff around here that I see.....are white. Not saying there is not black riff raff around...cause Im sure there is.... but what I see is white folk... and their kids are the same as black kids..... they listen to the exact same music......have those huge bass speakers in the back of the car.....and they play that earsplitting music everywhere they go.

    Black, white....makes no difference..... 99.99999999 percent of the people who walked past that vehicle that night just went about their business...did their shopping and left...... This Dunn guy ended up killing one of the kids over it.

    Reached..... into a glovebox...... unholstered....his weapon...... turned around and fired blindly at the vehicle..... and then left town.

    Thats just wrong....
    YOU SHALL REAP WHAT YOU HAVE _______ SOWN

  6. #45
    Join Date
    Mar 2004
    Location
    SE Michigan
    Posts
    17,996
    He should be given the super citizen award and knighted by the queen of England just for posterity.
    Behind the ostensible government sits enthroned an invisible government owing no allegiance and acknowledging no responsibility to the people.

    Theodore Roosevelt

  7. #46
    Join Date
    May 2006
    Location
    Ft. Worth, TX
    Posts
    1,947
    Quote Originally Posted by corny View Post
    They were being jackasses like a lot of KIDS do today.....black and white....

    I live in a predominantly white area..... all the riff raff around here that I see.....are white. Not saying there is not black riff raff around...cause Im sure there is.... but what I see is white folk... and their kids are the same as black kids..... they listen to the exact same music......have those huge bass speakers in the back of the car.....and they play that earsplitting music everywhere they go.

    Black, white....makes no difference..... 99.99999999 percent of the people who walked past that vehicle that night just went about their business...did their shopping and left...... This Dunn guy ended up killing one of the kids over it.

    Reached..... into a glovebox...... unholstered....his weapon...... turned around and fired blindly at the vehicle..... and then left town.

    Thats just wrong....
    Corny, I had a lot of experience on boards. Most liberal democrats try to hide any personal information about themselves. I notice you are not telling us what part of the country you live in. So, I really don't know if you're telling me the truth about the white trash where you live or not. If, you're going to tell us what the demographics are where you live, yet you're too big awh #ussy to tell us where you live, then I say you're just another lying democrat. I'll bet you live in inner city Detroit with all those white dudes playing their loud rap music all the time--haha.

  8. #47
    Join Date
    Mar 2004
    Location
    SE Michigan
    Posts
    17,996
    LOLZ!
    Behind the ostensible government sits enthroned an invisible government owing no allegiance and acknowledging no responsibility to the people.

    Theodore Roosevelt

  9. #48
    Join Date
    Sep 2005
    Location
    Atlanta GA area
    Posts
    21,286
    Quote Originally Posted by corny View Post
    They were being jackasses like a lot of KIDS do today.....black and white....

    I live in a predominantly white area..... all the riff raff around here that I see.....are white. Not saying there is not black riff raff around...cause Im sure there is.... but what I see is white folk... and their kids are the same as black kids..... they listen to the exact same music......have those huge bass speakers in the back of the car.....and they play that earsplitting music everywhere they go.

    Black, white....makes no difference..... 99.99999999 percent of the people who walked past that vehicle that night just went about their business...did their shopping and left...... This Dunn guy ended up killing one of the kids over it.

    Reached..... into a glovebox...... unholstered....his weapon...... turned around and fired blindly at the vehicle..... and then left town.

    Thats just wrong....
    Quote Originally Posted by exreo View Post
    Corny, I had a lot of experience on boards. Most liberal democrats try to hide any personal information about themselves. I notice you are not telling us what part of the country you live in. So, I really don't know if you're telling me the truth about the white trash where you live or not. If, you're going to tell us what the demographics are where you live, yet you're too big awh #ussy to tell us where you live, then I say you're just another lying democrat. I'll bet you live in inner city Detroit with all those white dudes playing their loud rap music all the time--haha.


    Ya know... in a different thread a guy in Cal was commenting as though he knew all there was to know about something... when he was NOT there.

    He was challenged to define the difference between opinions and assumptions. He has not responded yet.
    GA-HVAC-Tech

    Quality work at a fair price with excellent customer service!

    Romans Ch's 5-6-7-8

    2 Chronicles 7:14

  10. #49
    Join Date
    Apr 2007
    Location
    Kaufman county, Texas
    Posts
    10,168
    Quote Originally Posted by coolwhip View Post
    LOLZ!
    right.

  11. #50
    Join Date
    Jan 2001
    Posts
    7,862
    Quote Originally Posted by exreo View Post
    Corny, I had a lot of experience on boards. Most liberal democrats try to hide any personal information about themselves. I notice you are not telling us what part of the country you live in. So, I really don't know if you're telling me the truth about the white trash where you live or not. If, you're going to tell us what the demographics are where you live, yet you're too big awh #ussy to tell us where you live, then I say you're just another lying democrat. I'll bet you live in inner city Detroit with all those white dudes playing their loud rap music all the time--haha.
    I live in kingsport tennessee and have mentioned that fact many times on here.
    YOU SHALL REAP WHAT YOU HAVE _______ SOWN

  12. #51
    Join Date
    Sep 2007
    Location
    Boise, ID
    Posts
    4,287
    If a nation expects to be ignorant and free, in a state of civilization, it expects what will never be. (Thomas Jefferson 1816)

  13. #52
    Join Date
    Jun 2002
    Location
    Dacula, GA
    Posts
    12,637
    Quote Originally Posted by corny View Post
    I live in kingsport tennessee and have mentioned that fact many times on here.
    Yeah Corey you sure don't want your good neighbors to know who you are and how you feel about them.

    There might be more than a just a barn burning. LOL. Thank you very much

Page 4 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  
Comfortech Show Promo Image

Related Forums

Plumbing Talks | Contractor Magazine
Forums | Electrical Construction & Maintenance (EC&M) Magazine
Comfortech365 Virtual Event