Quote Originally Posted by glennac View Post
Funny you are very different. Where did you get your "statistics"? It sure is a big deal to me if someone blasted my eardrums like that. It is against the law in a lot of big cities to do that. Even in Atlanta you can get arrested for making a noise (radio, boom box, etc.) loud enough to hear it outside of the person listening to it. Thank you very much

Atlanta noise ordinance.
1) Excessive noise:
It shall be unlawful for any person to make, continue or cause to be made or continued any loud or excessive noise which unreasonably interferes with the comfort, response, health and safety of others within the jurisdiction of the city.
2) Radios, televisions, musical instruments and similar devices.
a. The operation or playing of any radio, musical instrument or similar device which produces sound on the public right-of-way in such a manner as to be plainly audible to any person other than the player or operator of the device.
b. The operating or playing of any radio, television, phonograph, musical instrument or similar device which produces or reproduces sound in a manner as to be plainly audible at a distance of 15 meters (50 feet) to any person in a commercial, industrial, residential or noise-sensitive area, multifamily dwelling, motor vehicle or public space.
This is kinda a side note: On our light rail system and buses... it is illegal to play a radio publicly... one MUST use headphones... and there is a strict noise limit even with head phones.

I realize kids will be kids... they are kids until they grow up. Problem we have is; nobody is allowed to provide the 'experiences' that foster maturity anymore. We used to have universal military to grow young male kids into men... no more. We used to have situations where kids pulled a stunt like the loud music noted in the OP... someone chewed them out or kicked the speakers in... no more. We used to have respect for others... no more.

We as a society are failing our kids... by not teaching them to grow up and mature into adults... Does not take a rocket scientist to separate a mature person from a childish person... regardless of age.