Honeywell HE220A humidifier won't run

I have a new home with geothermal furnace and Ecobee thermostat.

I've installed a Honeywell HE220A humidifier and connected it to the Ecobee thermostat control center (pros actually did that). The Ecobee does provide 24v to the humidifier.

I've confirmed water is getting to the humidifier. A pro has confirmed with a multimeter that when the furnace starts up, 24v (actually 25.5v) is going to the humidifier. But there is no tell-tale click of the solenoid letting water in to the humidifier.

I've checked the Ecobee settings but ultimately if 24v is going to the humidifier that would tell me it is calling the humidifier properly, right?

The pro called Ecobee and confirmed the wiring set-up is correct. The pro was the furnace provider and was connecting the humidifier as a courtesy but ultimately reached the point where he would have to start charging.

We concluded that it must be the solenoid. I got a new unit and replaced the solenoid but there was no change.

Any ideas on what the problem might be or what to try next?

Thanks in advance.

If your pro can't find a problem with a humidifier circuit, you need a new pro. You might ask him back for one more try at it when he has time. If the problem can't be identified then....
    What lies behind us and what lies before us are small matters compared to what lies within us.

Two pressures, four temperatures = SUCCESS!

Boulder Heating Contractor

For Consumers:

For HVACR Professionals:

The solution is simple, a different technician, perhaps not a parts changer would be able to find it.

Thanks for the suggestions. Ended up contacting Ecobee and found out the answer is that the Ecobee control panel DOESN'T provide 24v to the humidifier. I hooked up the Honeywell transformer and it works now.