I hate this - Page 3
Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Thread: I hate this

Quote Originally Posted by Brian GC View Post
    Not paying the bill and not paying the tip are two very different offenses. One is done by sneaky young punks and the other is done by in-your-face sleazebags. IMO not paying a tip on a +6 table is a bigger offense because you are stealing from a young kid not a big restaurant that can just factor it in to their losses like any business does.
    Agree, however crime is crime and punishment is punishment.

IMO the issue is: Did the perp do something illegal... If they did... they need to pay the price for their choice. Punishment is a lesson to not make the same choice again... or not to make the choice the first time.

What I would like to see is: Folks doing the 'perp walk' for petty crimes (perp walk is when the news crews put your face on the evening news while the LE types lean you around in handcuffs). Wonder what those hot-shot check-walkers or non-tipplers would say to being paraded around in cuffs on TV??? Think they would like the public SHAME they would suffer in front of their 'bros'... <grin>
    GA-HVAC-Tech

Quality work at a fair price with excellent customer service!

Romans Ch's 5-6-7-8

2 Chronicles 7:14

Quote Originally Posted by glennac View Post
    Back in the 70's my wife was the "queen of the Waffle House". She got sick and tired of not getting tips from Blacks. A few would but most wouldn't so she would make a quick assessment of their dress, demeanor and attitude and if she judged that they wouldn't tip she would add extra to the bill. She said most would never add it up even if they could.

She wouldn't get a tip or the extra money since that would go into the cash register but at least she felt like she was getting even and making them pay like everyone else. I thought it was funny as hell and couldn't argue with that. LOL. Thank you, thank you very much
    I try to understand how they justify in their mind what they do to the poor waitress. I came up with this:

Let the restaurant pay them.
    Let the other patrons pay them.
    If they cannot force me to pay it, I won’t.
    Its payback time on whitey.
    We are too cheap to pay.
    They just play dumb.

Which is the most common excuse they use?

If I had a restaurant, I would hang a sign out front stating "Obama voters not welcome here"...I do believe this would eliminate those pesky non paying blacks.
    "Politicians are the lowest form of life on Earth. Liberal Democrats are the lowest form of politician"

- General George S. Patton

Quote Originally Posted by ga-hvac-tech View Post

What I would like to see is: Folks doing the 'perp walk' for petty crimes (perp walk is when the news crews put your face on the evening news while the LE types lean you around in handcuffs). Wonder what those hot-shot check-walkers or non-tipplers would say to being paraded around in cuffs on TV??? Think they would like the public SHAME they would suffer in front of their 'bros'... <grin>
    The problem with that is the dine-n-dashers would hold their heads down in shame while the non-tippers would hold their heads up in pride.

Quote Originally Posted by coolwhip View Post
    If I had a restaurant, I would hang a sign out front stating "Obama voters not welcome here"...I do believe this would eliminate those pesky non paying blacks.
    Then those that dine and dash would just be old people.

I heard once that many are not only terrible tippers (fixed income I suppose) but sem to think they are entitled, or maybe just poor memory and figure WTH, they can get away with it. I think there's a reason that the AYCE buffet places make you pay up front.

I wish cheapskates woudl just stick ot those types of fine dining establishments. Especially the chinesse one. I think it's been pointed out on this board how clean and sanitary the equipment is at thsoe chinesse restaurants.

I've only not left a tip twice and on both occassions I had waited a colid 30 minutes just for hte bill, with nobdy even going past my table. I finally went up front and demanded the bill, paid that amount only it and left. THe last time was a cheesecake factory. We actually wanted to order dessert... crazy thought... and finally got tired of waiting and go it to go and paid up front. The manager actually at first thought we took off. I was like...oh, os after 30 minutes now you notice that I was here. I was beside myself PO'd. BTW - that was in San Diego. I was shocked, because in the rural midwest we're used ot hit and miss service, but in competitive major cities like that, that are usually very good. Not that night. We won;t be going to a CCF there in a long, long tiem if ever again. Its' overrated, overpriced and too crowded anyway.

Quote Originally Posted by hearthman View Post
    My daughter quit working as a waitress at a local steakhouse due to this becoming an epidemic with the blacks. They would pile in then split up in tables of 8 of less so as to cut under the automatic 20% added to the tabs. She would run her butt off not being able to wait on other paying tables as she catered to dozens of silly requests over and over only to get stiffed at the end. She ran out as they were leaving on several occasions to inquire if her service was substandard and they freely admitted "they don't believe in tipping". Since this happened a bunch of times and always with blacks, someone explain to me where they got this attitude? There is no doubt there is a pipeline for information to the black community. It used to be in Church but blacks have turned their backs on God now recognizing either Islam or just the "self" or Obama so they aren't in church anymore. So, what is the new pipeline where blacks get all their propaganda instructing them to walk out in the road upholding traffic, deliberately take excessive time ordering at fast food or in bank lines--anywhere they can hold up the rest of the world at their leisure. This is not meant to sound racist but it is simply stating facts. If we cannot have an intelligent conversation about facts then it is over.

Yes, JPS, my daughter had to dig into her pocket to pay the bartender and busboy. The store only pays a stipend to work--exempt from min. wage laws. This is theft of services in my book.
    Man, thank goodness I don't live in Philly or Detroit or Cincinnati where blacks have this nasty attitude. It's just not as bad down here in Texas, and it wasn't as bad in Seattle, WA either.

Where do they get their attitude? It started with affirmative action in the 1960's. Then the democrats realized they could own the black vote by funneling government money (our money) to the black community. And democrats can't win elections without a lock on the black vote. The main stream news media maintains the status quo by refusing to realize what is really going on in the black community. No negative talk about blacks and no negative criticism of affirmative action is permitted by any media network be it TV, radio or the internet. Whenever there is a conflict between blacks and whites in any city, the federal government sends their goons down, and they almost always take the side of the blacks. Then throw in Rev. JJ and Gorilla AL heaping as much guilt and criticism on the white community via the TV media, and you have a giant scam that whites can't fight back against.

In fact, to talk honestly about this as we are now, would get you thrown off of just about any internet forum. The powers that be have told us we aren't even allowed to discuss this subject. How can that be?

Quote Originally Posted by Brian GC View Post
    I do not believe an employer can hold an employee liable for the theft of his product, whether there is an “agreement” or not. If she was my daughter I would be pressing the issue with the employer…all the way to a courtroom if need be. It’s like holding a security guard liable for any theft on his shift…ridiculous.

Dine-and-dash is the restaurant’s problem, not the employee’s. Any judge would uphold that. Too bad it’s human nature to take advantage of the naïve.
    I agree the responsibility should be the restaurant's, but what the restaurant is afriad of is that the black waitress will give her black patrons everything for free and actually be in on the theft.

Thank's to the OP - that was very good of you. Generosity and kindness like that are returned tenfold.

I think we stray too much on the race angle - cheapness knows no aversion to color or social standing that I have experienced. If I were a proud black man I would take offence to some of the posts. Points can be made without stereotyping.

The restaurant needs more staffing and management to handle the business they are seeing. Walk-offs are a great indication that you aren't doing a good job managing the business, not that you have a lax waitress. I also would be surprised if they could make such a policy stick. If someone held up a bank teller, would they than be responsible to reimburse the bank for the loss?

Excuse my ignorance on tipping. (and slightly off subject)
    If a tip is standard, then is shown on the bill (if not how does a company reconcile its accounts)
    Who do you tip? When do you tip?
    When a normal tip is given, does go to the person or the house (all the workers).
    How much is standard.
    As it always been this way, or has happened because everybody knows staff are really badly paid.
    (just in case i am in the USA, is it the same in Canada)

It is just wrong that an employee is responsible for a runner, an owner takes the profit, so should also take the loss.

Good on you AS for helping.

We just had this in the News in Toronto. It is against the law to make an employee cover the Tab at resturants etc. That is like saying that every gas and go has to be coverd by the employee. A man was killed trying to stop a gas and go cause he couldn't afford to cover it cause he was working two jobs to sopport his family. I know it is diffrent in the USA but you guys do have OBAMA in charge so anything is possible

Quote Originally Posted by motoguy128 View Post
    Then those that dine and dash would just be old people.

I heard once that many are not only terrible tippers (fixed income I suppose) but sem to think they are entitled, or maybe just poor memory and figure WTH, they can get away with it. I think there's a reason that the AYCE buffet places make you pay up front.

I wish cheapskates woudl just stick ot those types of fine dining establishments. Especially the chinesse one. I think it's been pointed out on this board how clean and sanitary the equipment is at thsoe chinesse restaurants.

I've only not left a tip twice and on both occassions I had waited a colid 30 minutes just for hte bill, with nobdy even going past my table. I finally went up front and demanded the bill, paid that amount only it and left. THe last time was a cheesecake factory. We actually wanted to order dessert... crazy thought... and finally got tired of waiting and go it to go and paid up front. The manager actually at first thought we took off. I was like...oh, os after 30 minutes now you notice that I was here. I was beside myself PO'd. BTW - that was in San Diego. I was shocked, because in the rural midwest we're used ot hit and miss service, but in competitive major cities like that, that are usually very good. Not that night. We won;t be going to a CCF there in a long, long tiem if ever again. Its' overrated, overpriced and too crowded anyway.
    I always leave pennies on the table when this happens...
    This is a insult and I am not cheap.
    Name:  In%20Vain%20(Revenge).jpg
Views: 93
Size:  43.3 KB
    Life is too short, Behappy!
    TFMM

20% is the standard tip in the US. I sometimes give more if everything is exceptional and then less if the service is poor. Waitresses who work hard for their money deserve and expect that IMHO. Thank you, thank you very much
    "I could have ended the war in a month. I could have made North Vietnam look like a mud puddle."
    "I have little interest in streamlining government or in making it more efficient, for I mean to reduce its size. I do not undertake to promote welfare, for I propose to extend freedom. My aim is not to pass laws, but to repeal them. It is not to inaugurate new programs, but to cancel old ones that do violence to the Constitution."
    Barry Goldwater

Just an observation from being a restaurant patron:

The point of contact between the restaurant and the customer is the waitress. How is a hostess or bartender or manager supposed to know that the people walking out the door have not paid???? Would you go back to a restaurant that wants to see your receipt when you walk out the door? I wouldn't

Great for you to tip that waitress!!!! I know I hate it when people stiff me. Although, I learned from my mistakes and it hasn't happened in 20 years.
    Give a man a fish, he will eat for a day. Teach a man to fish, he will eat for a lifetime.

Give a man a capacitor, doesn't know what to do. Teach a man to install it, now he knows everything.

Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast