Page 1 of 5 12345 LastLast

Thread: I hate this

Hybrid View

I hate this

Dad, mom, the wife and I went out for steaks tonight, our waitress was the happiest person I think I've ever met...cute too....anyway she came to check on us and I noticed she had tears under her eyes that she was desperately trying to hold in.

After listening closely to the background chatter I found out that she had some people walk out without paying their bill and that she had to cover it.

She did her job well and since dad was paying our eighty dollar bill anyway I slipped the girl thirty bucks.

I know it wasn't enough to cover the whole bill, but I hope the tip was at least enough to pay a decent chunk of it.

People make me sick.

I never really understood the concept that the waitress was responsible if someone skips out. I mean they are usually busy with several tables, they are often in the kitchen getting their orders etc. The restaurant should be more responsible for the crime IMO.

I think many teenage kids partake in what they sometimes wrongly think is a victimless crime of "eat em and beat em, or dine and dash". Kudos to you for the helping hand.

Good for you........

Collectively as a society we are quickly losing all signs of "Civility"........

It is the beginning to the end..........
    "Value our Differences"

sounds highly illegal to me as employers are limited as to what they can deduct from your pay
    We really need change now

Quote Originally Posted by catmanacman View Post
    sounds highly illegal to me as employers are limited as to what they can deduct from your pay

The employer may treat it as an employee theft if she doesn't cover the cost.

I'm not saying that it's right and AStudent did an awesome thing by helping her to cover the bill.

They still have to pay her the minimum wage as per the law, don't they? She just won't get any tips from those tables I would think. At least that's what I'd do if I were the mgr of that restaurant.

At any rate, you did a very commendable thing by tipping her $30....
    WHY?

My daughter quit working as a waitress at a local steakhouse due to this becoming an epidemic with the blacks. They would pile in then split up in tables of 8 of less so as to cut under the automatic 20% added to the tabs. She would run her butt off not being able to wait on other paying tables as she catered to dozens of silly requests over and over only to get stiffed at the end. She ran out as they were leaving on several occasions to inquire if her service was substandard and they freely admitted "they don't believe in tipping". Since this happened a bunch of times and always with blacks, someone explain to me where they got this attitude? There is no doubt there is a pipeline for information to the black community. It used to be in Church but blacks have turned their backs on God now recognizing either Islam or just the "self" or Obama so they aren't in church anymore. So, what is the new pipeline where blacks get all their propaganda instructing them to walk out in the road upholding traffic, deliberately take excessive time ordering at fast food or in bank lines--anywhere they can hold up the rest of the world at their leisure. This is not meant to sound racist but it is simply stating facts. If we cannot have an intelligent conversation about facts then it is over.

Yes, JPS, my daughter had to dig into her pocket to pay the bartender and busboy. The store only pays a stipend to work--exempt from min. wage laws. This is theft of services in my book.

Quote Originally Posted by hearthman View Post
    My daughter quit working as a waitress at a local steakhouse due to this becoming an epidemic with the blacks. They would pile in then split up in tables of 8 of less so as to cut under the automatic 20% added to the tabs. She would run her butt off not being able to wait on other paying tables as she catered to dozens of silly requests over and over only to get stiffed at the end. She ran out as they were leaving on several occasions to inquire if her service was substandard and they freely admitted "they don't believe in tipping". Since this happened a bunch of times and always with blacks, someone explain to me where they got this attitude? There is no doubt there is a pipeline for information to the black community. It used to be in Church but blacks have turned their backs on God now recognizing either Islam or just the "self" or Obama so they aren't in church anymore. So, what is the new pipeline where blacks get all their propaganda instructing them to walk out in the road upholding traffic, deliberately take excessive time ordering at fast food or in bank lines--anywhere they can hold up the rest of the world at their leisure. This is not meant to sound racist but it is simply stating facts. If we cannot have an intelligent conversation about facts then it is over.

Yes, JPS, my daughter had to dig into her pocket to pay the bartender and busboy. The store only pays a stipend to work--exempt from min. wage laws. This is theft of services in my book.
    The wife when we were first married was a waitress. She pays close attention to tipping when we eat out.
    She has pointed this out almost every time we eat out. I believed it is the under 40 crowd, but she has pointed out that I was wrong on a number of occasions lately. If there is someone at the door, cashier, greater etc. THEY should be responsible for the run away, not the waitress. I have a real problem with this.... And don't give me the crap that someone is so poor they can't afford to pay!

Cudos to the OP for what he did!
    Life is too short, Behappy!
    TFMM

Quote Originally Posted by hearthman View Post

Man, thank goodness I don't live in Philly or Detroit or Cincinnati where blacks have this nasty attitude. It's just not as bad down here in Texas, and it wasn't as bad in Seattle, WA either.

Where do they get their attitude? It started with affirmative action in the 1960's. Then the democrats realized they could own the black vote by funneling government money (our money) to the black community. And democrats can't win elections without a lock on the black vote. The main stream news media maintains the status quo by refusing to realize what is really going on in the black community. No negative talk about blacks and no negative criticism of affirmative action is permitted by any media network be it TV, radio or the internet. Whenever there is a conflict between blacks and whites in any city, the federal government sends their goons down, and they almost always take the side of the blacks. Then throw in Rev. JJ and Gorilla AL heaping as much guilt and criticism on the white community via the TV media, and you have a giant scam that whites can't fight back against.

In fact, to talk honestly about this as we are now, would get you thrown off of just about any internet forum. The powers that be have told us we aren't even allowed to discuss this subject. How can that be?

This is an extremely busy restaurant, 30 mins to an hour wait for a table. No one could manage who walks in and out as the entire restaurant is packed shoulder to shoulder with a line wrapped around the building.

This is one reason I have a hard time understanding why some here claim business are second only to God. They herd us in like cattle and if one gets away without having it's throat cut, it's off with the butcher's hand. These businesses don't care about laws or what's right....only that the books balance at the end of the day.

There's no way that girl could have kept that table from walking out.

I could never be a waiter/waitress, I'd kill someone within 30 min.
    The Last four letters

American = I Can, Republican = I Can, Democrats = Rats

any questions

Quote Originally Posted by jmac00 View Post
    I could never be a waiter/waitress, I'd kill someone within 30 min.
    Me too....it's hard enough making the food and managing the restaurant....the only thing I've never done in food service is wait tables...unless you count a pizza delivery driver as a waiter.

Quote Originally Posted by AStudent View Post
    Dad, mom, the wife and I went out for steaks tonight, our waitress was the happiest person I think I've ever met...cute too....anyway she came to check on us and I noticed she had tears under her eyes that she was desperately trying to hold in.

After listening closely to the background chatter I found out that she had some people walk out without paying their bill and that she had to cover it.

She did her job well and since dad was paying our eighty dollar bill anyway I slipped the girl thirty bucks.

I know it wasn't enough to cover the whole bill, but I hope the tip was at least enough to pay a decent chunk of it.

People make me sick.
    Firstly, I think you did a very kind act.

But I do not think an employee can be held responsible for a customer refusal to pay. I am pretty sure of that one. 99%, plus or minus one percent.
    "You boys are really making this thing harder than it has to be". Me

"Who ARE you people? And WHAT are you doing in my SWAMP!?" Shrek

Service calls submitted after 3PM will be posted the next business day.

I give free estimates [Wild Ass Guesses] over the phone.

"I am sorry for interrupting, please continue with your quarreling" Some chick on TV

Page 1 of 5 12345 LastLast