+ Reply to Thread

Thread: low loss hoses/ fittings

Post Likes

Smile low loss hoses/ fittings

i use 3ft hoses with cps low loss fittings atatched to the ends so i can choose to use them or not, depending. the issue that i have is they leak most of the time when pulling a vacuum, im thinking about switching to the ball valve type of low loss fittings but ive never used them before. with the anti blow back style fitting i like how you loose very little refrigerant but the seals tend to leak. Whats your experience with the ball valves at the ends of your hoses do you loose the same amount. in case you ask yes i bleed my high side hose back into the system through the low side, thats another good reason to have a low loss at the end of your hoses

Post Likes
    I have little experience so far but I don't like the ball-valves. I have seen them bumped twice to blow liquid back. both manifol sets I've bought so far are the low-loss type and I love them.

Post Likes
    I use ball valve hoses on my manifolds and dedicated vacuum hoses for evacuation.

Manifolds leak and are restrictive, too.

Post Likes
    just curious and looking to get better, so when pulling a vacuum do you run 2 hoses from your appion valve core removal tools to a T on your vacuum pump, eliminating a manifold, with your blue vac micron gage hooked up to the side port of your core removal tool,or could be at another gage port on the system,
    ( i know a few of your tool preferences from previous questions ive asked)

Post Likes
    Quote Originally Posted by jpsmith1cm View Post
    I use ball valve hoses on my manifolds and dedicated vacuum hoses for evacuation.

Manifolds leak and are restrictive, too.
    just curious and looking to get better, so when pulling a vacuum do you run 2 hoses from your appion valve core removal tools to a T on your vacuum pump, eliminating a manifold, with your blue vac micron gage hooked up to the side port of your core removal tool,or could be at another gage port on the system,

Post Likes
    Quote Originally Posted by chippert View Post
    I have little experience so far but I don't like the ball-valves. I have seen them bumped twice to blow liquid back. both manifol sets I've bought so far are the low-loss type and I love them.
    when i first started i had them once i got into refrigeration sometimes working on equipement with a low suction pressure they wouldnt give a qood reading, so i switched to now i have a choice to use them.

Post Likes
    Quote Originally Posted by anthonyac1 View Post
    With a small, residential type split system, that would be how I did it.

Larger systems often have more and larger access ports that allow different configurations.

Post Likes
    I have a set of low loss hoses, and a set with ball valves. If I'm just doing some checks, I'll use low loss......or just my shorty gauges (if i'm doing PM's). if I'm gonna be doing nitrogen sweeps, etc., I'll use the ball valves. I also like to use the ball valves on recovery of larger systems, so I can change tanks just by shutting the ball valve off on that end.

all good tools to have and they all have their place with whatever style you use to do service.

+ Reply to Thread

Quick Reply Quick Reply

Register Now

Please enter the name by which you would like to log-in and be known on this site.

Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Log-in