Page 7 of 17 FirstFirst 1234567891011121314 ... LastLast

Fix Kit??

What is contained in the fix kit? My wife and I just bought the stove and it works pretty well except the fan seems too loud (can't seem to change the blower speed in manual heat output mode set at low) and the thermostat is off by 3-5 degrees. Other than that it fired up easy enough and puts out a lot of heat.

Quote Originally Posted by hearthman View Post
    The company has a fix kit for this stove--give it a try.

Well that is good news.

Fan Noise is probably caused by harmonics. and the only way to dampen that is thru incasement and a stabilizer. If you can live with the noise then enjoy the heat. it is one of the best heat outputer on the market.

Quote Originally Posted by Scottnjtjk View Post
    What is contained in the fix kit? My wife and I just bought the stove and it works pretty well except the fan seems too loud (can't seem to change the blower speed in manual heat output mode set at low) and the thermostat is off by 3-5 degrees. Other than that it fired up easy enough and puts out a lot of heat.

<<I like the fact your in PA. We have enough Hot air blowers in our state.>>

Hey!

Seattle Pioneer

I finally have something good to say about ordering parts for a Healtilator fireplace. After ordering the needed parts three months ago, I am finally told they have arrived. Having been told that once three weeks ago only to be disappointed, but I'm getting optimistic.

My customer has had no use of their fireplace for three months because Heatilator couldn't get the needed parts to the dealer ---and the missing part is a millivolt gas valve they ought to be able to get easily enough.

Sloppy invetory work that hurts customers and damages their reputation.

Seattle Pioneer

Quote Originally Posted by Kelly Phillips View Post
    Hearth man sounds like he knows something, but it sounds like alot of diversion and hooey than an explaination on how to resolve this Mt Vernon problem. a bit of advise Hearth Man is this, Brevity when quoting corp. propaganda.

Second Hearth Man Unless you live in Colville WA. then you really don't know squat about the goings on at the factory/plant. Please refrain from blanketing the facts with hypethetical assumptions. you know what they say about assumptions, their the mother of all F@*K UPs.

the information for resolution on my previous entry is a good guideline however the one I forgot to include. Grab the dealer you bought it from by the ear and give it a good twist, then tell them to remove the stove and replace it with a better line of stove. sorry for that mistake.

Third to show that Hearthman Loves Corp. Prop is this quote of his "If they had committed proper resources to the project much earlier, this could have been avoided but engineering was pressed to roll it out ready or not. Obviously, they lost the gamble." You see the plant doesn't operate as You imply Hearth man but more strickley they believed the stove perfect and ready for manufacturing. and the production line wasn't completed till Sept and on time. so where ever you got the information from on the summer start was again Propaganda. What the problem was after the line went up was this.

One - the Inspection agent who orders and test each part failed in his task and apparently all the lots wasn't being tested for functionality. also it appears some of the electrical parts was not the coded parts needed for this application. He was Sacked when the the bottom fell out on this endeavor.
    Second - and this one I love the most because it was uncharacterist of the company but it happened. The hoppers had chipped areas and cracks on them so the solution was to duck tape and paint the areas to cover up the repairs instead of reorder the parts and build the units correctly. LOL HAHAHA this I found out a week ago from a worker on that line.
    Third - the ash tray that dumps sometimes will dump the whole tray out of it's carraige. Forth - the porceline ones I wouldn't be surprised if in time the porceline doesnt start to flake or chip away from the cast. apparently they can't get the batchs right for the porcelian/cast compatibility.

Now these are only the in factory issues I know of on the Mt Vernon Line.

So Hearth man unless you have worked in the plant as I have, then your explainations are nothing more than Corp. Propaganda and Hot Air.

Bottom line is, the whole process of this Mt Vernon Line is plagued with alot of issues and too many Yes Men and not enough No Man. Unfortunately they sacked a hugh portion of their labor force and kept the Idiot Yes Men.

I like the fact your in PA. We have enough Hot air blowers in our state. Just look who we have for a govenor.

Sincerely
    Kelly

Sorry to be the guy that jumps in and states "me too" but as my user name states......My Mt. Vernon pellet stove is GARBAGE and I can only warn future buyers DO NOT PURCHASE THIS STOVE. Unless you want a stove that works 25 percent of the time, leaks fumes into your home, makes a LOT of noise and is backed by a company that does not give a rats a$$. Ill also state for the record that I purchased the stove from Preston Trading Post in CT and have been treated horridly by them every time I have called with an issue. I would buy NOTHING from them. The lines they give me "we will have the new part in next week...next week...well call you" Thats BS. Any one thinking about this product RUN RUN RUN.....and if you want to call me (a real owner) and talk PLEASE DO 860-334-6458. Happy to tell you more about it.

It looks great, specs out well but get it in your home after spending $$$$$$ and get ready to grab your ankles.

I think I am most upset about the fact that Preston knew about the issues BEFORE they sat there and sold me the thing.

Gary

Quote Originally Posted by Scottnjtjk View Post
    Wait for the problems....they are soon on the way.

Quadrafire AE= a lemon by any other name

Here is my personal story of the new Quad Mt. Vernon AE stoves. I'd like to preface this by saying before this the Quad products had proved to be great and the tech service fast and professional. I am a dealer in Colorado and I was selling all the old Mt. Vernons and I ran out of Mahogany. I had two customers who wanted Mt. Vernons in Mahogany so I ordered three, thinking I would put one in the showroom. They kept delaying the order but finally after a month they came, late in the day when I couldn't see all the chips in the glaze. The customers where getting anxious but they agreed to wait.
    The problems started immediately. You see, we burn all our pellet stoves at our shop, just to make sure we have a product that works perfectly when we install it. For three days we tried everything we could to make these stoves work. I spent most of three days on the phone with tech support (or on hold) trying to solve problems. Some of the guys at tech were pretty much clueless and most had limited knowledge of the AE. I've been in HVAC for 30 years, and I figured hey, I've got three stoves, I can switch parts and make one work, right? Wrong!!! They were a mess, they had myriad problems and the more we looked at them the more chips in the finish we found. We switched parts again and again but we couldn't get one good stove out of the three of them.
    At first I thought I had a streak of really bad luck, but actually it turned out for the best. My two customers agreed to take Black Mt. Vernons ( the old reliable models that I only had a few of) and they are really happy with them. If I had installed any of these AEs in customer's houses that would be the ultimate nightmare because I stand behind what I sell and I would have made it right no matter what the cost. I told Quadrafire I have three lemons here that they can pickup when they get around to it. I told them I would certainly not be paying for them. So here it is, more than 2 months later. The Mt. Vernon AEs sit in my warehouse gathering dust. Quadrafire has not contacted me at all about them. I don't know what they are going to do with them, but right now I have three very large mahogany paperweights.

BuenieBob, Sorry to hear your problems!!! Hey very nice business mover to test the stoves, I appreciate that!!

My question: You refer to the "black reliable" stoves.....I have a black Mt Vernon, just for clarification for those those could be buyers reading this, I think its more about them being an old model...could you please elaborate????

Thanks

Re: Reliable Mt Vernon stoves

I am referring to the the previous Mt. Vernon stove (not the AE, advanced energy stove, although I guess they could change that to always exasperating or whatever name you chose). The previous Mt. Vernon had a mechanical thermostat, a little manual knob to pick flame height and fan speed, and a manual reset button. It also had a little rod inside with a wing nut on it to adjust flame height. Low tech, low key, very basic. No digital stat controlling every function. This previous generation Mt. Vernon was reliable and easy to troubleshoot if needed. I loved them and so did my customers. I wished I had more to sell but mine are all gone. They discontinued making them, which is a sad thing. It's a doggone cryin' shame, you've got a good product which you could sell tons of, and then they decide to stop makin' em. Progress? I don't think so!

Thanks for the explanation I really didn't know the history on the stove. Yeah I would love one of those "basic" models. So many things were great about this stove, when it worked, 20 percent of the time!!!! Simplicity is most times best!!!

Again like I said before, if your thinking of purchasing one of these new AE Mt Vernon stoves DO NOT call me and I can quickly talk you out of it!!!!!!!!

BuenieBob and Junk Mt Vernon - You are not alone in having problems with theMt Vernon. It would have been much smarter for Quad to wait 6 months before they rolled it out to the market. They will suffer the insults for quite a while for this one, but they now have a product that is working the way they originally wanted. They have their people up to speed, are overnight parts when they are made aware of a issue, are putting training on around the country for dealers, have brought back all inventory sitting in dealers warehouses and updated their stoves, and will do whatever they need to get any stove not running right updated to the most current controls. Don't believe me, try them again. They need to know you still aren't happy. They will respond.

I don't know about that one, I have been waiting for the dealer to get parts in for the past 3 almost 4 weeks. According to them its Quadra-Fire keeping them in the dark.

My stove sits about 5 feet away from my computer as I write this.....not working AT ALL for the past week. Great deal for over $3,000

And sure companies make mistakes, lets not get into that. THIS IS FIRE we are talking about, were talking smoke and fumes in your home!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

I talk from experience. If Quad knew about the problem they would overnight the part to the dealer. They have done it for me and mannnnnyyyy others. The dealer needs to make you a priorty and call Quad. If he has a problem with that you can call Quad directly and get help for him.

Page 7 of 17 FirstFirst 1234567891011121314 ... LastLast