Page 14 of 17 FirstFirst ... 47891011121314151617 LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by hearthman View Post
    There are at least two HHT representatives that post on this forum. No, I'm not one of them. The transactions posted here do get sent up the line from time to time. ...
    Any HHT representatives shouldn't be hiding. It is a disingenuous position. I'll give your two reps you speak of some time to out themselves should they post again so they can think of being forthcoming like we expect and maintain in other areas of this forum. I think I've identified one already. It's one thing to have some product problems, it's another thing to slink around pretending you are somebody you are not. Very deceptive.

Cool deceptive?

Before you get out the cat-o-nine-tails and flog them, understand the position these corporate employees are in. They have not been commissioned by their employers as spokespersons. They are here incognito because they would get in trouble for using their identify and speaking for a company without their blessings, control and consent. They have elected to share information as they see fit. That means they use their discretion to advise you on matters they feel are important without crossing any lines. I think they are to be commended for their contributions here. BTW, we have reps. from other mfrs. who lurk here and post from time to time.

Sysint, you seem to be full of anger towards this one mfr. To a point, I agree with you. I do not think they should be crucified though. At least they are still in business and still responding to a degree. Do you know what happened to all CFM product warranties before the recent buyout? They were declared null and void. If you bought a Vt. Castings or Majestic product the day before the buyout, you got screwed. They are honoring warranties on those products sold the day after. HHT is honoring warranties regardless. I've seen them cover units that were well out of warranty simply because it was the right thing to do.

A little heat on them to keep them honest is good. Crucifixion is not. I do think your points about what information should be included with the manuals should be forwarded to them. I will talk with a certain top official from their company I work with through the trade assn.

If they are incognito they should simply not post against the company. I guess if they should be honest to us they should be honest to their employer.

I guess it's the whole corporate culture over there. Apparently the employees are in fear of their superiors but still feel it's important enough to post on the company anonymously to help right the wrongs of HHT. Again, it's the companies problem and their management group must seriously stink.

"Do you know what happened to all CFM product warranties before the recent buyout? They were declared null and void. If you bought a Vt. Castings or Majestic product the day before the buyout, you got screwed." I'd be more than happy to vilify the purchasers of CFM products. However, I think their should be regulations on screwing the customer.

How about this: Don't buy Magestic or Vermont Castings. The new company that bought them stinks because they aren't honoring previous warranties. Does their equipment catch fires like the Mt. Vernon from Quadra Fire and send soot into people's homes?

How many more do I go after before your industry is a pile of stinking manufacturers and contractors? Clean up your manufacturers and clean up your industry and nobody will have anything to complain about.

Mt Vernon Relaunch?

Hearthman et.al - so these were relaunched earlier this year (July 2008)?

I'm really knocked out by what these should do. It's early in the season, but is there resolution & feedback to the performance/reliability problems?

I like them, but hesitating....

What's the other best option? Harmon?

It's all the same company now and you will be waiting 9 months to get an Accentra... which seems about the same amount of time it takes to get repair parts. The industry isn't professional yet...

MV AE "Check Ashpan" error

I have some of the same problems others have had, but don't know the best way to resolve them. I have a newly installed MV AE insert, built in July 08, bought in August 08 at one retailer, installed in Sep 08 by a different retailer (selling retailer too far from my location so I had to get another one to install). I'm using premium hardwood pellets and have been using the hardwood pellet fuel selection. Problem 1: Almost every time the stove shuts down, it does an autoclean and then gets the the "Check Ashpan" error. I hit the retry button and the stove goes through the autoclean again. I usually have to do this 4-5 times before it clears. Some of the autoclean cycles last 10 minutes each--the mechanism goes back & forth 6-7 times before it either gives up & regenerates the message or finally clears the error. I have used the screwdriver method to clear any stuck pellets or clinkers, but it doesn't seem to have much effect. I sometimes just run he autoclean 6-7 times and it clears itself. Maybe there is just some small stuck piece of pellet or clinker that I don't see. But this happens multiple times a day. Any new ideas? I've reviewed the manual & see the recommended things they say. Maybe it is a bad switch. Problem 2: I seem to get a lot of soot or fine dust all over my home from this stove. The tray on which the logs sit get a thick coating of dust every time I use it--I vacuum it every day. Is this normal? I will be getting a CO2 detector this weekend to ensure I'm not having issues with CO2.

The dust in the stove is normal, its just fine pellet ash. You should not get black soot in the house, this could be from bad fuel or a bad installation or maybe a leak in the stove itself someplace.

For the check ashpan error I have encountered this once and tightened the prongs inside the harness for the autoclean sensor. I did like 10 test runs of the autoclean and it cycled once and stopped which is what it should do.

Cool dust problems

Since this stove circulates air in the home, it will circulate any airborne dust particulates, too. It would take a qualified technician to inspect the stove and house then take samples to determine the source of the particulates and thus the remedy. Instead of a CO2 alarm, you should be getting a CO alarm and smoke detectors. FYI, you are exhaling CO2 right now.

While off the shelf CO alarms listed to UL 2034 are one step away from junk, they are, in some ways better than nothing and in others ways worse. Best to get an unlisted low level CO monitor such as the CO Experts or NCI 3000 from a Pro.

Quote Originally Posted by jtp10181 View Post
    The dust in the stove is normal, its just fine pellet ash. You should not get black soot in the house, this could be from bad fuel or a bad installation or maybe a leak in the stove itself someplace.

For the check ashpan error I have encountered this once and tightened the prongs inside the harness for the autoclean sensor. I did like 10 test runs of the autoclean and it cycled once and stopped which is what it should do.
    Well JTP, if QF ever gets past the Home installed R&D on this unit and I move away from my much more reliable Castille (currently) I'm buying it from you so you might as well put the company name in your profile.

Just found the forum while trying to find complaints about Quad, got there number from BBB website, talked to some one named April, she listened said that she would bump my issues up and call me back,(can't get the dealer to). but they never did. have had an email string and they claim they have a fix.

I have had the insert for little over a year.

wall unit replaced twice, board replaced once, thermocouple 3 times.
    the stove has a mind of its own, and of course the convection fan is hitting the housing for the first 20 minutes of start-up.

I don't burn pellets, I burn corn at 13.5% moisture that is cleaned 3 times before it gets to the stove.

It has been going on for a long time, I don't think the dealer knows what they are doing, the last tech that was at my house in late April and witnessed all my problems has quit.

was waiting for them to get back to me and I finally went in and they said Quad had closed my ticket for lack of activity.

my patients is wearing thin, thought about submitting with the BBB and may still, will look at the link I found about UL.

Have been trying to find out whom owns the store that I bought it from but can't seem to find that out.

next step is to try and go in and get the manager and see if I can talk with this person and the tech at the same time and see where that git's me.

Quad will just not talk with me at all.

Thanks for the vent and the info that I have found here.

The convection blower does not run at start-up, not until the unit heats up. Do you mean the combustion blower? Have they replaced the combustion blower at all? I had one that was making a lot of noise and a swap out of the blower fixed it right up. Pretty easy part to swap out too. It also might just need some adjustment on the bolts its mounted with.

I am currently waiting for a new Q/F Mt. Vernon AE to be delivered and wonder if I made the right choice after reading all the issues with these units?

Does anyone have any information on the new units and the gremlins that still exist? I have merely place an order and have not taken delivery, the downpayment that I have laid down is refundable.

It does not appear that the local dealer in my are is telling me the entire truth about these stoves?

Any new info that anyone could give me would be helpful in making a more informed purchase or not!

Thank from a newbe

You have to ask, Dthom?

Personally, I would take no chances

Page 14 of 17 FirstFirst ... 47891011121314151617 LastLast