Page 10 of 17 FirstFirst ... 34567891011121314151617 LastLast
    Well, it's certainly unfortunate that there were all the issues that have been described around this stove. I'm glad you got your money back.

I'm sure the dealer and manufacturer would vastly prefer equipment that worked the way they expected as well. When it doesn't, it's a costly PIA for everyone.

But that's the way it can be with pretty much any mechanical device, especially new designs. Sometimes products just don't work the way expected. While unfortunate, that's a risk you take with any such purchase, even if it should be a small risk.

So go ahead: be angry. You're entitled. It sounds to me like the dealer and manufacturer were acting reasonably in a difficult situation to solve the problem. But when the POS wont work and no one can figure out why, everyone involved, customer, dealer and manufacturer are bound to be unhappy.

Angry Mt Vernon

I have had so many problems with my mt vernon I don't know where to start I purchased it in Oct 07 and it's been a real nightmare I can't use my stove at night, smokes up entire house and sets off smoke alarms,somehow unburned pellets get into the ash pan and smolder and smoke ???during the day I empty it every time it goes into a shutdown/clean mode???? Factory's attitude is see the dealer don't bother us !!! I purchased the stove 150 miles away and the local dealer wants nothing to do with it. the dealer I purchased it from just tells me to bring it back and they will look at it ??? so far I have replaced the control board,thermostat, blower, thermocoupler, bin sensor,exniter mod, and ash pan deflector, with NO help from dealer I bought it from or the factory.I am on my last straw...

Quadrafire Problems...

I am sorry "RV" that you are having the experiences described, and that the dealer/mfg. will NOT assist in resolving the problem. Isn't it interesting that neither turned down the money that consumated the purchase.

On our part, we had started a process with the C/C company to dispute the bill because of a poor product, and a dealer slow to provide our refund. Even that affair was a mess of one story, then another story, and the proverbial RH/LH that weren't talking.

Saddest of all is what appears to be a mass of companies that simply DO NOT CARE. Profits and bonuses and "competitive edge" seem to drown out concepts like quality, conscience, and courtesy. An old salesman that I once knew taught me, what became obvious in later years, "the customer is EVERYTHING in business". If you see them in that way, and strive to provide the absolute BEST product/BEST value possible, and then back-up the effort without excuse, you are bound to create your own market and have great success!

The best I can offer is encouragement to "make a lot of noise" until they listen. And don't hesitate to go right to the top of the executive chain! Best of luck.

RVParkDog,
    Sorry to hear you have had so many problems. Where are you located? I would get on the phone and call Quad. The smoke in your house could be the t/c. If they are not sensing the right temp it will think the fire has gone out and go into auto cleaning dumping the smoldering emblers. If you have had fires in the ash pan you need to look at the springs holding the floor tight to the firepot. They loose their strength when expose to excessive heat. Typically the springs on the left side. Good luck and call Quad...

Mt Vernon AE

The T/C has been replaced that only took 3 weeks , it was backordered , and guess what I had to pay the shipping ???? and the local dealer even wanted to charge me for the part he said he had to pay for it ???..can you believe that ????
    Something else it has just stsrted doing is when it is doing a clean cycle it sounds like metal twisting creeking, and squeeling something like the Titanic probably sounded just before it sunk...I keep looking at it thinking one of the 4 legs is being lifed off the grown....
    Thanks for the Input

Latest on Quadrafire..... the "regional expert" from Hearth & Homesaid said to contact nearest dealer the one that wanted me to buy parts and pay shipping to try to repair the problem...I was told there will be a service charge this is not the dealer I purchased it from.. I purchased it from a dealer 250 miles away, ....I just can't believe this ...first I pay over $3500.00 for the stove and now they want me to pay more to fix the unit that has never worked correctly from day one.
    Am I missing something?? or is there something really wrong with this company ???

Angry Problems with Quadra-Fire Mt Vernon Pellet Stove

Thank you for your note. We purchased the same pellet stove and have had a similar experience. At least your situation appears to have turned out for the best. We are still in the midst of attempting to resolve our own. Like you, we purchased the stove due to all of the so-called technology and conveniences. We had problems from day one with a loud vibrating sound on start up. Within days of the initial installation, we were told that the entire back of the stove may have to be replaced. We were even told by someone we spoke with at Quadrafire that they were aware of the problems and had "rushed" the product to market. I will save you all the details but suffice it to say we have had computer boards, drawer gaskets, glow plugs and thermostats replaced. At the present time, the stove is not working at all. We awakened last week at 4:00 a.m. to a loud metal grinding noise. They are speculating it is one of the blowers but it is anyone's guess at this point. It has blown electrical breakers in our house due to "shorts" in the wiring as well. The dealer seemed more concerned with the initial sale focusing on the reported state-of the art technology and has been less than responsive regarding the on-going problems we have experienced. Quadrafire is supposedly working on our complaint at this time, nearly 2 months after our official complaint was lodged following numerous service visits from our local dealer. We would be happy to get a full refund so we could purchase another product; one that will provide us with what we thought we had purchased-a reliable, convenient, energy efficient means of heating our home. I can not express enough how disappointed we are with the quality, or lack thereof, of this product and the customer service we have received. I, too, would never recommend a Quadrafire product to anyone I know.

I bought a mt vernon AE in Feb 2008.Had high co level called fire dept.kept stove off for 5 days till store came out to fix.They said there was a recall on the main board.They just replaced the board today which is 3/5/08 no we will see.I have my new CO detector pluged in PLEASE LET ME KNOW IF ANYONE ELSE HAS THIS PROBLEM OF HIGH CO LEVELS AND SMOKE SMELL IN HOUSE

Angry Mt Vernon Problems

Yes it set off our Carbondioxide detector. We currently have it unplugged and are waiting to hear back from Quad rep...

Many problems to mention right now.. Later when at home we can explain in detail..

Quote Originally Posted by Michael Kielion View Post
    Yes it set off our Carbondioxide detector. We currently have it unplugged and are waiting to hear back from Quad rep...

Many problems to mention right now.. Later when at home we can explain in detail..
    Mike had the brain box replaced like I told you.So far all is ok working well no CO detected flame is good a small smell when first fires up but after that runs great.Ck on brain box when you call dealer.

Great good luck

I hope that works for you...
    Ours was replaced, The main controller board twice, igniter plug twice, thermostat twice, gaskets around the ash pan twice, now they believe the exhaust blower fan has gone bad..We are assuming at this point that that is what has been making our CO2 detector go off. We made the decision at this point that we have had enough and just unplugged it to be safe when we sleep at night... Since the rep advised us that they have worked through many of these issues with the newer models, we have demanded a replacement stove without "bugs" or a full refund...The local rep had talked with the factory and is going to replace our stove.. I think it helps that my wife is an attorney and knows our legal rights as consumers...Quadra Fire has had more than enough attempts to make it right. From what I have been reading on the web there are many people experiencing similar problems. We loved the looks of the stove when it did work although it never did work as sold. It really can't burn corn as marketed..because it clunks up and it certainly was never quiet as advertised.

Mike

Quote Originally Posted by Michael Kielion View Post
    I hope that works for you...
    Ours was replaced, The main controller board twice, igniter plug twice, thermostat twice, gaskets around the ash pan twice, now they believe the exhaust blower fan has gone bad..We are assuming at this point that that is what has been making our CO2 detector go off. We made the decision at this point that we have had enough and just unplugged it to be safe when we sleep at night... Since the rep advised us that they have worked through many of these issues with the newer models, we have demanded a replacement stove without "bugs" or a full refund...The local rep had talked with the factory and is going to replace our stove.. I think it helps that my wife is an attorney and knows our legal rights as consumers...Quadra Fire has had more than enough attempts to make it right. From what I have been reading on the web there are many people experiencing similar problems. We loved the looks of the stove when it did work although it never did work as sold. It really can't burn corn as marketed..because it clunks up and it certainly was never quiet as advertised.

Mike
    I am glad to hear you are getting a new one.The AE model is as i understand the new series.Hope this one works well for you.Mine seems tobe be doing better since the board was replaced.Let me know how it works out for you. Mike

Confused AE Cant even use at night

I'm still waiteing to get mine fixed 120 days and counting, fills house with smoke and sets off fire alarms, pellets somehow are getting into ash bin then hot ash exnites them on clean cycle ???, this is a new house and my windows are smoked up all the time, it keeps going into a clean cycle for no reason and sounds like the Titanic going down when it opens the firepot grate I have been nice to H&H so far and have gotten no where ??? I get phone calls from (district spec) rep. but NOTHING has happens just... we will get back to ya ????or call the dealer and schedule a service call at "my expence" ....not going to happen!!!!!
    My next step is contact my Credit Card Co and BBU to start the "process" I have told H&H they are very foolish to let this happen I have even offered to trade it for a new one ??? no comments so far
    I'm going to wait 2 more days then it's over

Page 10 of 17 FirstFirst ... 34567891011121314151617 LastLast