Having problems getting new Quadra-Fire Mt Vernon Pellet Stove AE seviced. - Page 4
Page 4 of 17 FirstFirst 123456789101114 ... LastLast
    Who is your dealer?

quad

Roc on supplys in Lloydminster,Alberta and they deal with Northern fireplace in Edmonton. I am just waiting for this new board hoping it will solve these issues. I love the look of the stove and if it would do what they told me I would be very happy. Oh one more thing when i had it working with whaet at the start I noticed the clink would get stuck in the pot then overfeed and not start. Is this normal? They told me it would self clean and I know it is cleaning well with the pellets now even if it is set for corn.

No thats not the way it is suppose to work. My dealer has been trying different fuels through the insert they have on display and have not had any issues. He is the only other one I know of that has tried wheat. I was there Friday and they said they had not cleaned the unit is 3 weeks. The ash in the pot area was up above the firepot. The ash pan was full. But if you have issues running it on wheat Quad needs to know. They have found that they needed to change their boards after the stove came out due to the variations in the types of corn. They may have the same issues with wheat.

Are you burning on manual or automatic?

quad

tried both but really over feed on Auto but manual seemed to work some. wish I could burn it again but unable to even use man now...just overfeeds and won't speed the exhaust fan up.

So at this point does it work at all?

quad

Yes it is runing using prem wood pellets but set for corn....seems to be working good.. This is the only setting that will work of any fuels or settings

I just repaired a SantaFe-B that was over feeding and swapping the clear control module fixed the problem. Is that the part you replaced? The AE might not even have that I guess, I have not had to repair one of those yet.

The Board

New Board in and quad is running hot!!!! Hoooorayy! It has only been a few hours but looks good so far! Started on wood pellets for a day.....alll went well then switched to wheat tonight and so far seems to be more pot air and hot! had flame at -4 for pellets nut think I will increase for wheat..... My dealer never came out I just replaced myself. this is the 3rd board and I hope the last......Any more updates I hope is just usb and to add barley oats and rye to fuel options. Can't wait...Sure hope this works.....!

Not Right yet!

Well the stove is burning the Wheat good but failing to drop the clinker and clean. then of course dumps more wheat on top wasting good wheat and eventually jamming the auger. Any Ideas out there? The pot opens properly but it doesn't clean as the clinker sticks to the side of the pot.

scrape the clinkers out....

Go to page 25 of your manual. Section 10.B

3. Cleaning Firepot with Firepot Scraper
    • Frequency:
    As needed

• By:
    Homeowner

• Task:

a. The appliance must be in complete shutdown and cool
    and the exhaust blower off.
    b. It may be necessary to use your
    fi repot scraper to
    chip away material that has built up on the sides of the

fi
    repot and to push out any clinkers. Larger clinkers
    may have to be removed from the top of the
    fi repot.
    Corn clinkers can be especially dif
    fi cult to break up.
    c. After scraping the
    fi repot and inspecting the holes, turn
    off the power and then restore the power. The auto
    clean system will then clean itself.
    d. The firepot floor plate must be fully closed when

fi
    nished.

i bought the new improved model-mt vernon

i am getting more depressed every response i read.no one seems how to repair or trouble shoot these stoves.how do the dealers get away with this?

Unhappy The Quad

Hey JTP I know how to clean the pot as the manual says but it doesn't say I would have to clean it manualy every time it cleans. This of course means that I bought a stove that will not operate over night and that is not what was sold to me. New board is in and it is working .....But the issue now is clinker ALWAYS getting stuck in firepot.......stove seems to need a full time baby sitter..Maybe I should use Pam on it??? not sure if a hotter shorter burn with quicker clean is better or longer burn but that would give me more of a clinker I think????

Page 4 of 17 FirstFirst 123456789101114 ... LastLast