Having problems getting new Quadra-Fire Mt Vernon Pellet Stove AE seviced. - Page 3
Page 3 of 17 FirstFirst 1234567891013 ... LastLast
    Hello Collin.

I've posted a couple of times on how high levels of demand for service have compromised the way I would prefer to treat customers.

I prefer to answer my cell phone, talk to customers directly and schedule repair work the same day, or within a day or two. Too many calls and I can't even answewr the phone, it drives me nuts.

Some people understand that, others do not. It's like going shopping the night before Christmas.

Seattle Pioneer

NUTS?

There was an article printed in SNEWS magazine written by John Wisnewski about customers calling for same day service being NUTS----You know, Not Understanding The Season! He actually calls people NUTS when they call this time of yr. wanting to know if he can get to them the next day. I prefer to compare it to getting an air conditioning tech in July or Aug. Most people then understand and those who don't just qualified themselves as idiots or jerks.

When scheduling my work, my #1 priority is to provide service to anyone who might have a claim under a guarantee. Secondly are people who've reported a repeat of the problem when I've repaired their equipment.

Taking care of those people is more important than doing a repair call that will earn me money.

Additional note:

One of my theories is that God made 24 hours in a day so that HVAC repairman would always have time to do one more call in a pinch.

Seattle Pioneer

Thumbs down The Great Quadrafire!

Well we purchased a Quadrafire as well and had similar results. The stove has not worked a complette 24 hr period yet and it has been almost a full month. we have replaced the convection fan and main computer board. The stove still doesnt work. I am from Canada and I paid 5500 dolars to get it installed. I have been very nice to my local dealer and to the wholesaler as well. That has not brought me in any heat to my home. forecast of -43c this week. When I bought the stove the factory rep told me that millions had been spent in research and the stove was the best. wow do I wonder if they are even on the up and up. Maybe the factory should look at giving us a rebate for all of our troubles.

Quote Originally Posted by plowjockey View Post
    Well we purchased a Quadrafire as well and had similar results. The stove has not worked a complette 24 hr period yet and it has been almost a full month. we have replaced the convection fan and main computer board. The stove still doesnt work. I am from Canada and I paid 5500 dolars to get it installed. I have been very nice to my local dealer and to the wholesaler as well. That has not brought me in any heat to my home. forecast of -43c this week. When I bought the stove the factory rep told me that millions had been spent in research and the stove was the best. wow do I wonder if they are even on the up and up. Maybe the factory should look at giving us a rebate for all of our troubles.
    Can you describe what it is doing?

Question Quad

Well it is overfeeding and I think there is not enough air speed in the fire pot to acheive proper burn. After I changed the boards the fire still lights well and then just over feeds a weak fire until it backs up into the pellet feed tube and jamms the auger. I started burning wheat at first then gave up and switched to pellets untill I get it sorted out because the smell of half burnt grain is not the most pleasent of odours. the stove seemed to be getting progressively worce day after day. The only setting that I can run my stove on right now to maintain any fire is on the corn setting burning premium wood pellets. I hope it continues as it is -34c tonight. I did have to change the temp controler when it was new because the read out was faulty. My dealer is tring however this is the first one that he has sold. They sell Harman normally. Every time they drive out it is an 90 mile drive for them.

If you are burning pellets, try changing the setting to utility, flame height -3.

quad

When I switch off corn my exhaust fan will slow down and the stove will over feed untill the fire goes out or the auger jams. I am tring it now again.

Can you check to see what version control board you have in your stove? When you look at the control board it will have something like A5 or B2 on the label.

Board

the old board I took out was a p/n 450-15-0031 Rev. B4
    Mfg. Date 063112 Didn't see a label on the new one.

Plowjocket
    What happen when you switched to utility and flame height -3. You should also try -5.

quad

Just started to over feed and I have tried -5 flame before but it doesn't seem to have a bunch of effect.

I don't know what else to suggest. You should call Quad direct and tell them your problem. Also have your dealer get on the phone with Quad. I'll call my dealer and see if I can get any suggestion from them and let you know.

Page 3 of 17 FirstFirst 1234567891013 ... LastLast