+ Reply to Thread

Thread: Sheetmetal tools

Post Likes

Sheetmetal tools

Looking for a somewhat smaller sheet metal shear... Dont want the combo roller, brake, shear... Just a shear. And dont need a large 8ft shear. I mostly do residential work and make my own plenums / transitions when necessary on furnace replacement jobs. So i normally work with 36" X 96" sheets of metal. About 36" is all i need a shear to be (or slightly larger) Anyone have a recommendation for a small stomp shear or something similar ?

Post Likes
    Why don't you get a manual "jump sheer"? perfect for light gauge metal..
    Join http://scopeny.org/ Shooter’s Committee on Political Education

The world is full of sheep,try not to join the flock.

Support the Skilled Trades, Don't DIY

Post Likes
    Quote Originally Posted by qwerty hvac View Post
    Sounds good... That's what i want. A "stomp shear"... But want one a little smaller than the ones i've been seeing online the do up to 12 and 14 ga metal that weight 1300 + pounds... Looking for something smaller for lighter gauge (26ga-28ga) metal that can be moved without a forklift... Does anything smaller exist??

Post Likes
    Quote Originally Posted by qwerty hvac View Post
    Sounds good... That's what i want. A "stomp shear"... But want one a little smaller than the ones i've been seeing online the do up to 12 and 14 ga metal that weight 1300 + pounds... Looking for something smaller for lighter gauge (26ga-28ga) metal that can be moved without a forklift... Does anything smaller exist??

Post Likes
    Quote Originally Posted by gpjazz1023 View Post
    Yes there are several out there. Check all the manufacturers. I have used a lot of them but can't remember the makes.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk HD

Post Likes
    Is the one you're thinking made by Niagra ? I've seen a few of those on ebay & craigslist... But all seem very old and don't know if the blades are any good or can be replaced. Cant seem to find newer machines...

Post Likes
    Check with Marty at martysclassicmachinery.com. He may have something used. He's just south of Cleveland, so you could pick up and save freight, seems to have reasonable pricing, plus he's knowledgable and a great guy. John

Post Likes
    Quote Originally Posted by gpjazz1023 View Post
    Is the one you're thinking made by Niagra ? I've seen a few of those on ebay & craigslist... But all seem very old and don't know if the blades are any good or can be replaced. Cant seem to find newer machines...
    Any shear that I have seen has removable blades.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk HD

Post Likes
    tin knocker is one brand. also baileigh. these are 22 guage and thinner shears. they both can be bought for about 2g new.

+ Reply to Thread

Quick Reply Quick Reply

Register Now

Please enter the name by which you would like to log-in and be known on this site.

Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Log-in