Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    Whats the model and serial numbers and have you verified 24 volts between W and C? Also if it has an LED, what diagnostic code does it give? I wouldn't jump anything out until I verified what code is being given and that proper call for heat is being received at the board terminals.

Pull the blower and inspect the heat exchanger on any 58PAV you come across - there's a good chance you needn't go any further.

Most of the time you don't even need a mirror to find the cracks, only to get a better look and verify. Front of cells, 2nd bend upward, right at the dimple. I've found five or six so far and it's not even December 1 yet.

Otherwise, this is a very simple furnace and easy to trouble shoot

Quote Originally Posted by joeblo View Post
    If you jumper R to G and the fan switch on the thermostat is in the auto position the A/C cond will come on, this is normal. Disconnect the Y when doing this. The relay on the circuit board that turns the blower on is one of the most common failures I have seen with circuit board.
    Usually taking the form of the back of the circuit board being charred crispy under the relay. I think I've already replaced about a dozen BBQ'd single-stage Carrier circuit boards this month.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12