Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: False load

I'm absolutely for controls.

But assuming the energy savings from controls is because the building is a little colder rather than recognizing people used to open window when the building was out of control is not connecting the savings with the cause.

Make People Comfortable and stupid human tricks stop. Stop stupid human tricks, and you'll save MUCH more than you can from a degree or two at the stat.

And an additional often unrecognized benefit (and therefore not factored in analysis) is people's productivity goes way up.

Check out that link, Bean paints the whole picture. The guy is brilliant!
    Which makes more sense to you?
    CONSERVATION - turning your thermostat back and being uncomfortable. Maybe saving 5-10%
    ENERGY EFFICIENCY - leaving your thermostat where everyone is comfortable. Saving 30-70%

DO THE NUMBERS! Step on a HOMESCALE.
    What is comfort? Well, it AIN'T just TEMPERATURE!

Energy Obese? An audit is the next step - go to BPI.org, or RESNET, and find an auditor near you.

Quote Originally Posted by tedkidd View Post
    I'm absolutely for controls.

But assuming the energy savings from controls is because the building is a little colder rather than recognizing people used to open window when the building was out of control is not connecting the savings with the cause.

Make People Comfortable and stupid human tricks stop. Stop stupid human tricks, and you'll save MUCH more than you can from a degree or two at the stat.

And an additional often unrecognized benefit (and therefore not factored in analysis) is people's productivity goes way up.

Check out that link, Bean paints the whole picture. The guy is brilliant!
    As my boss would say, "that's a hardware fix to a management issue". We don't have any authority or control over occupants. Once they are held finacially accountable for the damage caused, they begin to have a new outlook. As I said before, this is in the areas where there are no problems. I actually heard one teacher tell me she wanted her class 75 degrees because it makes the students sleepy. So is that comfort?
    Don't worry zombies are looking for brains, you're safe...

Quote Originally Posted by ControlsInMT View Post
    As my boss would say, "that's a hardware fix to a management issue". We don't have any authority or control over occupants. Once they are held finacially accountable for the damage caused, they begin to have a new outlook. As I said before, this is in the areas where there are no problems. I actually heard one teacher tell me she wanted her class 75 degrees because it makes the students sleepy.

So is that comfort?
    Nice! No doubt there are lots of sides to it. And I agree, accountability for damage should occur!

This is comfort: http://bit.ly/comfortcalculator
    CONSERVATION - turning your thermostat back and being uncomfortable. Maybe saving 5-10%
    ENERGY EFFICIENCY - leaving your thermostat where everyone is comfortable. Saving 30-70%

Energy Obese? An audit is the next step - go to BPI.org, or RESNET, and find an auditor near you.

Maybe the control smelled really bad...
    Every customer you take for granted today will be someone else's tomorrow.

Quote Originally Posted by tedkidd View Post
    Nice! No doubt there are lots of sides to it. And I agree, accountability for damage should occur!

This is comfort: http://bit.ly/comfortcalculator
    This is a full coverage contract, but the teachers are paying for the new thermostats. Yes I agree. You break it.....you buy it.

The district I was referring to earlier had a heating setpoint of 70*F and a cooling setpoint of 74*F.

If vandalism aS the reason behind the room sensor failure the teacher was charged. Those Siemens 540-680 sensors were far from cheap as I recall.

Check THIS out!

http://www.usatoday.com/story/news/n...mber_195980768

Excerpt from LinkedIn:

If you focus on how to deliver comfort, energy falls into place.

"Building focused design is not occupant focused design -

Some words of wisdom to design by:

We can not forget - energy efficiency in buildings is for the benefit of conditioning the occupants. Dr. B.W. Olesen

An energy declaration without a declaration related to the indoor environment makes no sense. Dr. F. Nicol"

Robert Bean's depth of perspective makes my head cramp and eyes bleed.

Name:  ImageUploadedByTapatalk1360229050.026869.jpg
Views: 156
Size:  36.5 KB
    Here is another

lol. warm climate?

subtle...

Quote Originally Posted by socotech View Post
    Name:  ImageUploadedByTapatalk1360229050.026869.jpg
Views: 156
Size:  36.5 KB
    Here is another
    "Why am I always cold? You guys can't figure it out!!!"

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123