Question about by-pass humidifier and furnace air filter

With my bypass humidifier dumping the humid air into the return airflow, which is then filtered by a Merv 16 air filter ... wouldn't all the humidity be caught by the filter?

I'm having a hard time keeping the humidity at 30% RH with the winter now here and it seems my humidifier is running all the time. Is all the humid air being caught by the airfilter?

Thanks

No its not being caught by the filter but it sounds like it needs to be serviced.

No -- common configuration for bypass humidifiers. When is the last time you checked/replaced the water panel in the humidifier?

is the summer/ winter door in winter mode and the water turned on
    We really need change now

Water pad is new, water is turned on and flowing (connected to hot) and winter mode is turned on. It is connected to an SLP98V so I'm thinking the low CFM and heat that is constantly runs at is not enough CFM to distribute the humid air?

i
    Quote Originally Posted by tuffcalc View Post
    Water pad is new, water is turned on and flowing (connected to hot) and winter mode is turned on. It is connected to an SLP98V so I'm thinking the low CFM and heat that is constantly runs at is not enough CFM to distribute the humid air?
    Increasing the air flow through your humidifier with a 6" duct fan will increase the evaporation rate. Larger shorter duct and high speed on funace fan also increases evaporation rate. At 70F, 30%RH, your inside dew point is 37^F. Whats your outside dew point or location? What is the temp of the water going into the humidifier? Check with fingers. Neutral indicates 98^F. 35-40%RH is about as high as you should go to avoid condensation on windows and other cold surfaces.
    Regards TB
    Bear Rules: Keep our home <50% RH summer, controls mites/mold and very comfortable.
    Provide 60-100 cfm of fresh air when occupied to purge indoor pollutants and keep window dry during cold weather. T-stat setup/setback +8 hrs. saves energy
    Use +Merv 10 air filter. -Don't forget the "Golden Rule"

Full model number of the humidifier and the furnace would help us.

Sealing your homes infiltration would help it retain more of the humidity.
    Contractor locator map

How-to-apply-for-Professional

How many times must one fix something before it is fixed?