Page 2 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast
    3 amp fuse in a 5 amp slot?

If I was you I would have done the smart thing... Called a service technician

were not allowed to give DIY advise to non pro members. If you are a tech, get your post count up and apply for pro membership. You will get all the help you need then, but until then you will not get any useable advice. What is a "Ducane Tech" a gas furnace is a gas furnace to a tech, they all work pretty much the same.

how many places do you have to post the same question?
    The Food Stamp Program, administered by the U.S. Department of Agriculture, is proud to be distributing the greatest amount of free meals and stamps EVER.
    Meanwhile, the National Park Service, administered by the U.S. Department of the Interior, asks us to "Please Do Not Feed the Animals". Their stated reason for this policy "... the animals become dependent on handouts and will not learn to take care of themselves."
    from an excerpt by Paul Jacob in Sun City, AZ

Might of ended up saving $ by calling a professional ..

Sent from my SGH-T999 using Tapatalk 2

This thread is an eye opener for me. Working in a factory run testing units, they wont let me just change parts out if fuses are blowing. They ***** at me if I blow a second fuse without finding the problem, let alone just changing boards, blowers and thermostats. Is this how stuff is actually done in the field?

Merge your 3 threads on this into one.

Please don't make duplicate threads, thank you.
    Contractor locator map

How-to-apply-for-Professional

How many times must one fix something before it is fixed?

I've visit this , in other posts, before.

Start troubleshooting this systematically. Fuse all loads, including Common. Which fuse continues to blow? Then Trace the circuit flow through the bad fuse.

Remember, stat wire runs, without a blue(common) conductor, will not blow fuse but will energize a circuit if it is shorted. Unless it is going to a ground and transformer is also anchored to ground.

6 hours to blow may be overnheated fuse connection. Look for weak, heated fuse connection. This is obvious,Did you use an amp meter?

Quote Originally Posted by Bmurph1409 View Post
    Wow what great help not really. How about someone who actually knows about this because even ducane tech couldn't figure it out.
    and none of us can figure it out either. We can only lead you in the right direction. Check your low voltage conductors and loads individualy. Please remember, You are not entitled to my knowledge nor that of anyone elses on this board. How about being a littless rude.
    Officially, Down for the count

YOU HAVE TO GET OFF YOUR ASS TO GET ON YOUR FEET

I know enough to know, I don't know enough
    Liberalism-Ideas so good they mandate them

Quote Originally Posted by Bmurph1409 View Post
    I've been working on a ducane gas furnace and have replace almost every part but the 5 amp fuse keeps blowing every 6 hrs or so. I even changed the thermostat wire the t-stat itself, the control board, the gas valve and even, the blower and it still blows could it be the condensing unit
    You have a time line here what sequence of events takes place every 6 hours? Remember the five basics of trouble shooting

1 Talk to the operator

2 Accomplish a visual inspection
    (Safety , Safety , safety )

3Attempt to operate the equipment
    Important note : If there is a remote chance of possible damage to personnel or equipment SKIP THIS STEP.

4 Voltage checks
    check supply voltage first , then control voltage

5 Use the documentation (i.e. ladder drawing) and the appopriate test equipment to logically troubleshoot the circuit and isolate the problem.
    If you have replaced all the parts its possible something was rewired incorrectly.

Above all remember be safe if you do not have a good feel for you level of competency. Do get the correct help and learn from the pro.

Good luck

Wait...pull the fuse before it pops, change furnace. Problem solved!
    Don't worry zombies are looking for brains, you're safe...

Quote Originally Posted by jtrammel View Post
    what does being epa certified have to do with the price of beans in Africa?
    Because there the EPA they have to monitor the beans sold there, because they only allow so many farts in one day.
    __________________________________________________ _______________________
    “Experience is a hard teacher because she gives the test first, the lesson afterwards". - Vernon Law

"Never let success go to your head, and never let failure go to your heart". - Unknown

Disconnect the wires running to the condensing unit for low voltage and that will tell you it there is a problem at the condensing unit

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Page 2 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast