Page 1 of 6 123456 LastLast

Hybrid View

5amp fuse blowing

I've been working on a ducane gas furnace and have replace almost every part but the 5 amp fuse keeps blowing every 6 hrs or so. I even changed the thermostat wire the t-stat itself, the control board, the gas valve and even, the blower and it still blows could it be the condensing unit

5amp fuse keeps blowing on gas furnace

I've been working on a ducane gas furnace and have replace almost every part but the 5 amp fuse keeps blowing every 6 hrs or so. I even changed the thermostat wire the t-stat itself, the control board, the gas valve and even, the blower and it still blows could it be the condensing unit?

just keep changing parts youll get it eventually and call someone who knows what theyre doing. It would be cheaper to stop now a call a certified tech to fix it. When you try to go cheap you usually end up paying twice, or in your case 5 times and counting.

I hope you are messing with us!

No I'm not. And I am universal epa certified. And the gas valve was first bad which is why I changed it and I only changed blower because home owner asked. I have asked many other techs I know and no one think of what it could be.

Quote Originally Posted by Bmurph1409 View Post
    No I'm not. And I am universal epa certified. And the gas valve was first bad which is why I changed it and I only changed blower because home owner asked. I have asked many other techs I know and no one think of what it could be.
    Its Called TROUBLESHOOTING!
    DON"T mess with the US
    I thought I had been there and done That.
    ITS ALL ABOUT LEARNIN!
    I thought it would be better by now
    "He who works with his hands is a laborer.
    He who works with his hands & his head is a craftsman.
    He who works with his hands, his head & his heart is an artist."
    ~St. Francis of Assisi

what does being epa certified have to do with the price of beans in africa? Theres only so many things a LV short could be a good tech would find the problem before unneccassarily changing parts. Why would a homeowner want their blower changed if it wasnt bad?

Quote Originally Posted by jtrammel View Post
    what does being epa certified have to do with the price of beans in Africa?
    Because there the EPA they have to monitor the beans sold there, because they only allow so many farts in one day.
    __________________________________________________ _______________________
    “Experience is a hard teacher because she gives the test first, the lesson afterwards". - Vernon Law

"Never let success go to your head, and never let failure go to your heart". - Unknown

how many places do you have to post the same question?
    The Food Stamp Program, administered by the U.S. Department of Agriculture, is proud to be distributing the greatest amount of free meals and stamps EVER.
    Meanwhile, the National Park Service, administered by the U.S. Department of the Interior, asks us to "Please Do Not Feed the Animals". Their stated reason for this policy "... the animals become dependent on handouts and will not learn to take care of themselves."
    from an excerpt by Paul Jacob in Sun City, AZ

Ducane gas furnace question

I've been working on a ducane gas furnace and have replace almost every part but the 5 amp fuse keeps blowing every 6 hrs or so. I even changed the thermostat wire the t-stat itself, the control board, the gas valve and even, the blower and it still blows could it be the condensing unit

Just take the fuse out then! They are such a pain anyway.

Could be the condensing unit. Why have you replaced so many parts without isolating the actual problem?
    Officially, Down for the count

YOU HAVE TO GET OFF YOUR ASS TO GET ON YOUR FEET

I know enough to know, I don't know enough
    Liberalism-Ideas so good they mandate them

Dang that's an expensive fuse, just get one of those varitey packs of automotive fuses and step up one size at a time till it holds.

Disclaimer "Don't trust the advice from some guy on the internet you don't know"

Page 1 of 6 123456 LastLast