+ Reply to Thread

Thread: Made this one overly complex.

Post Likes

Made this one overly complex.

2 rusted out piles pulled out. Put in 1 150kbtu single stage 80, old stock unit. Left the coil where it was. House gets used 3 times a year for family gatherings. Old farm house. Sits empty 362 days a year.

Didn't want to spend much money on it, also didn't want it to flood again.

No drip leg for gas line, I don't care, I used what was there and added a little to it. Electric isn't the greatest. Probably some other crap wrong that I don't really care about. They are always CHEAP CHEAP CHEAP. It will work fine and has a good air filter now.

Measured it up and had all my metal made before I showed up to do the job. It all fit. Always a plus

Post Likes
    Where is your air filter? Good looking duct job. Are you sure about the return air? Looks like it is chocked down a little. Can't really tell though.

Post Likes
    The work you do when your not being to picky far exceeds many many many jobs I have seen.

Post Likes
    Wanted to get it off the floor?

Or just do a lot of pretty metal?

Post Likes
    Off the floor, 4th set of circuit boards and fan motors in the old units.

Welling, filter is in the box between the return duct and plenum. Insulated cabinet, 5" filter.

RA duct is 22x11.5 off of a 24x8 Not as big as I would like but big enough for what I was doing. 3.5ton ac. Pulling in the side and bottom of furnace.

Hand them bill, get check leave. Customer never went in the basement today

Post Likes
    Good looking job. Do you have any vanes in the supply plenum off the furnace?

Post Likes
    No? It is a elbow with a radius in it. The one with the coil in it? Nope either. Nice duct system in the house, be easy to zone, house needs meeting with an excavator though.

Post Likes
    Quote Originally Posted by jimmyed View Post
    No? It is a elbow with a radius in it. The one with the coil in it? Nope either. Nice duct system in the house, be easy to zone, house needs meeting with an excavator though.
    What were your static readings for supply and return?

24x8 return is definitely small for 3.5 ton a/c & 150k furnace. I'm guessing ductwork modifications weren't in the scope for this job being that the place only gets occupied 3 times a year.
    Last edited by RyanHughes; 11-28-2012 at 10:49 PM.

Post Likes
    No, no ductwork additions were in the bid. It will heat and cool fine the couple days they use it. No idea on static. Didn't bother to check. Not too high by the way things sounded, messing with fan speeds.

Post Likes
    metal looks nice, but maybe a side return would have been a possiblity for horizontal unit so close to wall?

Post Likes
    Side return? It is pulling in the side? I put the base on the furnace to make it draw from the side and bottom. I cut the side out, Filter is mounted to it.

Post Likes
    installing horizontal is a good plan in a low damp basement. good job.
    I have my own little world. But it's OK...they know me here.

Post Likes
    looks good I have seen better and worse! It looks like you fixed the problem the customer had and made you some money.

Post Likes
    my back hurts just looking at that job

+ Reply to Thread

Quick Reply Quick Reply

Register Now

Please enter the name by which you would like to log-in and be known on this site.

Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Log-in