Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    DO NOT TRUST these guys. They are all steering you WRONG !!! Truth be told all you need is a oil cooler.

He needs to pick up an oil refractommeter 1st at KRAGEN!!!!

Quote Originally Posted by VTP99 View Post
    DO NOT TRUST these guys. They are all steering you WRONG !!! Truth be told all you need is a oil cooler.
    That would be a waste, simply add some slick 50 to the oil, run it for 100 miles, then drain all the oil out... the oil is no longer neeeded

Quote Originally Posted by anngennetta View Post
    my cooler cools but then it stops and you have to let it cool all the way down before you can start it back up again. can i put oil in the compressor? or is it another problem ?
    Contrary to what our dear friends have written , No , you cannot add oil to it.

And yes , there is another problem

Put down the computer and Pick up the yellow pages and call your nearest Refrigeration Guy to find such a problem.

Or .... if you really are determined to fix this yourself , and you do indeed find the dipstick , then by all means add a quart or two

Quote Originally Posted by danbb View Post
    That would be a waste, simply add some slick 50 to the oil, run it for 100 miles, then drain all the oil out... the oil is no longer neeeded
    ^this!!! Perfect

Quote Originally Posted by Snapperhead View Post
    Contrary to what our dear friends have written , No , you cannot add oil to it.

And yes , there is another problem

Put down the computer and Pick up the yellow pages and call your nearest Refrigeration Guy to find such a problem.

Or .... if you really are determined to fix this yourself , and you do indeed find the dipstick , then by all means add a quart or two
    X2

If you do actually manage to find a dipstuck and want to pull it out to check the oil, make sure to stand out of the way when all the refrigerant starts to blast out.

In all seriousness though it sounds like the compressor is kicking out on overload or high/low pressure. Make sure the condenser is not covered with lint or grease, then call a refrigeration company.

I read all these post and feel like I should tell you to call a service technician. If your anywhere near anchorage ak I will come and take care of your problem. Seriously though check to see if your condenser coil is clogged and if that's not the case shut the unit off and call a technician. Letting it continue to run the way it is could eventually ruin your compressor. Sounds like to me it is either shutting off on low pressure or high head pressure. If your condenser is clogged that would make it shut off on high head. You could also have a refrigerant restriction past the condenser, or a leak and the system is badly undercharged. Is the evaporator (inside the box) icing over. Is their plenty of airflow inside the cooler etc.

let me know...

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12