service port on traulsen

need to access to a rotalock service port (servicing port only, no schrader valve, not a feed throught port) stem is supper tight not sure which way to rotate to open, dont want to snap the stem off.

C W looking at the end. 1/4 turn

Some traulsen boxes are opposite if its just a access valve

yes its just a valve to only access the low side, not an isolation type which might turn differant

If you are using the proper tools it shouldn't break
    Good technique is to back up with second wrench on vavle body

Worst case put a line tap valve. Use Nylog. Yes it will leak, but probably not for twenty years.

Are you talking about a service valve like this one?

If yes, then backseated (fully CCW) closes the service port, cracking the valve (1/4-1/2 turn CW) opens the service port.

If the stem is stuck, it's likely stuck in the backseated position. Yes, you can break off the end of the stem if you're not careful (...don't ask how I know this...).

I have had relatively good luck getting the stem free by hitting the end of the stem sharply with a hammer. If that doesn't work the first time, use a little heat and hit it again. If that fails, just replace the valve.

Replacing a Rotalok by attacking it with a big wrench can easily break the Rotalok stub off the compressor...which is not a good thing. With those, I use penetrating oil and some heat with a careful wrench. If that fails I cut through the Rotalok nut just into the threads on one flat, then try the wrench again. That always works.

On the dual temp traulsen they pipe a ¼ line to the front of the machine b/c everything is buried and most get built in a wall or cabinet in some house

Quote Originally Posted by itsiceman View Post
    On the dual temp traulsen they pipe a ¼ line to the front of the machine b/c everything is buried and most get built in a wall or cabinet in some house
    On there residential model yes but the OP stated "Rotolock"

Sorry
    I saw a double post where he listed the M# and discounted the Roto lock as a mistake of describing the type of valve