+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Christmas bonus

Post Likes
    Nuttin extra. Just a job. But I don't give them nuttin extra either so it's merry Christmas and ill see ya next year.

Post Likes
    Have not gotten a Christmas bonus from my employer in years .I have had customers actually send me Christmas cards to the shop with a gift stuffed inside.
    I miss you mom and dad.

Post Likes
    Quote Originally Posted by actuator View Post
    You dont pay union dues I hope...
    yes sir ,,,4% of gross + 400 in assessments ,200 in Jan and 200 in june

But we make 25% + more than average ....so I see it as getting paid in advance for holidays etc...and if you can't save tough sheet....

Post Likes
    Depends on how good the year is. It has ranged from one weeks pay to three weeks pay over the years. Mighty generous IMO.

Post Likes
    I don't think an employer has to do this but little things like that keep guys around for a long time

Post Likes
    I got 200 bucks last year and taxes were taken out.

Post Likes
    Quote Originally Posted by mikeacman View Post
    We get to keep our job and enjoy Christmas off unpaid....unless your on call

the union doesn't provide for paid holidays and my hourly is up there so I ain't *****en....

My employers is great To work for so in a way that's A year round bonus
    same here.

Post Likes
    My guys will recevie between 1500 and 5000 this year, depending upon a lot of factors. worked on this earlier today, will be given out on the 12th.

Post Likes
    Quote Originally Posted by flange View Post
    My guys will recevie between 1500 and 5000 this year, depending upon a lot of factors. worked on this earlier today, will be given out on the 12th.
    You hiring lol?

Post Likes
    this is no different than last year for us. wish I could do more but its not there due to economic pressure and slower than enjoyed payment terms.

Post Likes
    this is no different than last year for us. wish I could do more but its not there due to economic pressure and slower than enjoyed payment terms.
    You sound like a great boss and sometimes just showing your guys you care makes up for it.

Post Likes
    How do I apply

Post Likes
    I got mine today...... Laid off Merry Christmas

Post Likes
    Last place i worked said 'what do you want? a bonus or a job?'... so there wasn't much of a bonus there!

Post Likes
    Turkey and ham for Thanksgiving
    Turkey and ham for Christmas
    Christmas party with drawing for presents
    hundred bucks times years we have worked for the company

My boss is awesome!
    If you're too "open" minded, your brains will fall out.
    Artificial intelligence is no match for natural stupidity.

Post Likes
    The last company I worked for which was an civil engineering firm gave me about a $2000 bonus on w-2 of course, plus about $500 cash at the yearly bad ass Christmas party w/ open bar. And The month after that in January they took us to an all inclusive resort trip to Cancun/playa del carmen for a week also on w-2 (around $1700). Good times! The year after that (2009) we got unemployment. So this year I am happy to keep my full time HVAC job. Bonus wise I get paid for a full week For Christmas even though we have a few days off and a full weeks pay for new years with a few more days off minus maybe a few service calls. And usually about $200 cash to boot. I see it this way, if a company is doing very well it should take care of its people well, as they make the company. The way things are now alot of business's are trying hard to keep up with the payroll as it is, so big or even little bounus payouts are many times out of the question. Regardless the employess should get something respectful ie.. a meaningful gift even if it doesnt cost alot to show that they are at least thinking about them, and most employees know when the boss/owners are having a tough year, and respect that.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Quick Reply Quick Reply

Register Now

Please enter the name by which you would like to log-in and be known on this site.

Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Log-in