Invoicing and customer info questions

I want to make Invoices and print them from my phone.(WIFI or BT printer)
    I would also like to be able to keep customer info on phone or be able to access from it at least . Name, address, filter sizes, equipment , repairs, etc.
    Is there any good apps that can do this and also be able to access from a PC.
    And I want to be able to accept credit cards from phone.
    All in one solution?

So just wonder why other companies are using and if they have any problems with them.

I know exactly what you mean. I use my laptop for all that information because nobody else keeps track of it lol. Anyway, what i would suggest for your situation would be to get a microsoft excel editor on your phone (several on google app store, dont know about apple) and you can transfer the document that you keep that info in between your phone and PC whenever you want. if you dont have/want to buy excel for your pc, you can use openoffice.org which is free and has all the goodies microsoft office offers. As far as the credit card thing goes, look up "Square Up" Its a free credit card reader for android and iphones, however you do have to fork up 2.75% per swipe.

I use dropbox for file management and excel or something similar to keep track of customer info. It allows me to access files from anywhere, tablet phone computer. Don't know about the credit card idea though. You could check with the company you use to take credit cards and see if they have a wireless one that is portable. I know delivery companies (pizza etc) have started using them.

get a quickbooks and quickboks mobile (monthly fee $9.95) it will lewt you enter invoice on the go.

mobilebiz pro on the android market for personalized invoices, also data base for customers and,inventory. Or you can use intuit gopayment for invoices and customer data base, inventory. Also to process credit cards and send/print receipts. HP mobile printer, put it in the back of your service van/truck create your invoice and print it on the spot from your cell phone wifi/usb with an app called printshare. Hope this helps
    Rise And Rise Again Until Lambs Become Lions!!!

Second that for the needs you stated, Intuit's Quickbooks Financial for PC and the Intuit "GoPayment" system seem to be right for you. They give you a free card reader and app for your mobile device and integrate nicely with quickbooks.

What accounting software does your business or CPA currently use? This will help steer your decision. While we are no huge fans of Intuit and various problems they have had over the years, the tight integration they offer is such a time and money saver, over pieceing together various different systems, that we've stuck with them for several services.

Disclaim that we are not currently using the GoPayment system, but have reviewed it for if and when our demand / need arises.

Another consideration is the long term viability of the provider you choose, consider that when choosing; Brand spanking new shiny company might not be here in 5 years, but it's almost guaranteed that a bigger company like Intuit will.

It's always Love / Hate with these Intuit guys, it's like this one GE package unit we have, it's rough around the edges and a little rusty, ancient for sure, but just keeps on faithfully cranking along.

Good luck!

Quote Originally Posted by camarofreak View Post
    I want to make Invoices and print them from my phone.(WIFI or BT printer)
    I would also like to be able to keep customer info on phone or be able to access from it at least . Name, address, filter sizes, equipment , repairs, etc.
    Is there any good apps that can do this and also be able to access from a PC.
    And I want to be able to accept credit cards from phone.
    All in one solution?

So just wonder why other companies are using and if they have any problems with them.
    You can try this guy: http://hvac-talk.com/vbb/member.php?45221-mcjo-tech he is a Pro Member here. Not sure how weel it will work for you.
    Can someone please explain to me -
    Why is there never enough time to do it right the first time, but plenty of time to do it twice?

Please view site rules: http://hvac-talk.com/vbb/showthread.php?t=1241

Apply for Pro Membership: http://hvac-talk.com/vbb/showthread.php?t=116113

Find your local HVAC-Talk Contractor: http://icemeister.net/aop_map.html

Go payment works fine. Started using it in August. I picked it over Square because I read many reviews where people complained that Square only had email for customer support, and they weren't getting replies for days.
    For a database solution, I made my own using FileMaker Pro. Once you create a database, you can download for free, FileMaker Go for iPhone and iPad. I sync through Dropbox.
    I have all my customers info, and all their components on my phone. Helps to know if I'm going to need something special for a particular service call. Also helps to cut back on inventory by taking parts off the truck that no customer uses.

Thanks Everyone
    I'm trying out Mobile Biz on and Quickbook online trail.
    I like them both so far but mobile biz can only be accessed from phone, quickbooks online anywhere.
    And I will look into Square & the the others for payment.