Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123
    Don't worry about the heat if you are using an oxy/acet rig. get in with the heat and get out. I wouldn't worry about a purge gas either, doesn't hurt but I wouldn't worry about it. Use a wet rag to cool off. And I would at least quote a new compressor, you have done your honest attempt but there might be more problems down the road. Also no need to a vibration absorber, they didn't come on it originally, if it is shaking that bad the compressor needs to be changed.
    Another point if this is MP39, this dates this unit and the customer needs to know that in the long run this is on its way out. I am sure the whole thing has seen better days.

And on the topis of solder, my company uses 5%. It is cheaper, but if you clean your joints and use white flux when needed it works fine. But we do carry 50/50 for those dis-similar metals.

Quote Originally Posted by J_Bridge View Post
    Don't worry about the heat if you are using an oxy/acet rig. get in with the heat and get out. I wouldn't worry about a purge gas either, doesn't hurt but I wouldn't worry about it. Use a wet rag to cool off. And I would at least quote a new compressor, you have done your honest attempt but there might be more problems down the road. Also no need to a vibration absorber, they didn't come on it originally, if it is shaking that bad the compressor needs to be changed.
    Another point if this is MP39, this dates this unit and the customer needs to know that in the long run this is on its way out. I am sure the whole thing has seen better days.

And on the topis of solder, my company uses 5%. It is cheaper, but if you clean your joints and use white flux when needed it works fine. But we do carry 50/50 for those dis-similar metals.
    What white flux are you all talking about? I have seen people posting about it on here for years and never mention a brand. Will regular flux work?
    The main thing is to keep the main thing the main thing!

If "the grass is greener on the other side", it likely has been fertilized with Bull$hit!

Harris stay silv brazing flux.
    Brush-in-can apply on male fitting join and braze with silver bearing solder of your choice.Name:  uploadfromtaptalk1355360118992.jpg
Views: 47
Size:  8.5 KB

Name:  uploadfromtaptalk1355360099199.jpg
Views: 46
Size:  8.9 KB

You can seriously make MAGIC happen with white flux and 15!

Name:  1213120947.jpg
Views: 42
Size:  52.1 KB

Quote Originally Posted by koolkahuna View Post
    Harris stay silv brazing flux.
    Brush-in-can apply on male fitting join and braze with silver bearing solder of your choice.Name:  uploadfromtaptalk1355360118992.jpg
Views: 47
Size:  8.5 KB

Name:  uploadfromtaptalk1355360099199.jpg
Views: 46
Size:  8.9 KB
    Don't the manu's say not to use flux on 410a? Seemed like the cleaning properties carry the flux off and clog the txv or cause waxing, etc.

Just had a brain fart. Is it 410a or POE oil that acts as a cleaning agent in the lines?
    The main thing is to keep the main thing the main thing!

If "the grass is greener on the other side", it likely has been fertilized with Bull$hit!

POE.

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123